[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

J Charles Injures elbow

rattsass

Charles just went down awkardly on his elbow, they are looking at him on the sideline, looks like he is in some pain, Will update if I hear anything.

Chiefs just faced 3rd &14 and Jones stayed on the field, but announcers have been talking to the owner about his stadium improvements instead of supplying any useful info. I assume he is done for the night at least...

Edited by rattsass

Charles yucking it up and high fiving Jones after TJ's touchdown run. Looks like it probably is no big deal. Carry on.

News: Jamaal Charles appeared to be fine after taking a hit to his left elbow just before the end of the first half vs. the Eagles on Friday night. Charles was tagged following his only catch of the night and headed to the locker room early, but he came out with the team in the second half in his jersey and pads and his elbow appeared fine (no wrap) as he stood on the sideline smiling with teammates. He didn't play in the second half. It was actually a good night for Charles before the hit -- he made his first preseason start and had 40 yards on six carries including fluid runs of 5, 13 and 21 yards along with a 20-yard catch, which was the play the injury occurred on.

Edited by PythonPatrol

for those watching can anyone give insight on how the carries were distributed

Charles mostly in the first qt. but Jones had a bunch of touches since then.

Charles got them all 1st quarter, Jones all in the 2nd. IMO Jones didn't look to good even though he did get a TD, he didn't seem explosive and not good changing directions. Charles however looked super quick and can change direction on a dime.

howd mccluster look 2nite? any action?

He is still getting a lot of looks, definitley trying to get his hands on the ball. But I agree with DMD, best left alone as a fantasy option. Just my opinion.

After watching this game, I think Philly might be in some trouble. KC has the worst front 7 in the league. It was the one area they ignored all offseason. Yet, they gave the Eagles fits all night. Not sure if Philly was trying some things different than normal, but they made Kolb look terrible.

After watching this game, I think Philly might be in some trouble. KC has the worst front 7 in the league. It was the one area they ignored all offseason. Yet, they gave the Eagles fits all night. Not sure if Philly was trying some things different than normal, but they made Kolb look terrible.

I didn't get to see the game until the mid-3rd quarter and I'm not shocked that the Eagles didn't play well on the road in KC....but that would apply to the regular season and I'm not so sure if playing @KC is as tough in the pre-season as it is the regular season....

it makes a crap team like the Chiefs look almost mediocre, but I haven't liked what I saw from the Eagles at all this pre-season, but it hasn't changed my valuation of Kolb...he'll still have to throw a ton which will get the passing game into a rhythm by maybe week 3...

The funny thing is you could see the impact Crennel will have on this defense. They had the absolute right plays called at times: just not the talent to execute them consistently.

there's a chance that the Chiefs D could be at least good....but I'm starting to believe the Eagles OL is just THAT bad...

or it could be a little bit of both...which it usually is..

there's a chance that the Chiefs D could be at least good....but I'm starting to believe the Eagles OL is just THAT bad...

or it could be a little bit of both...which it usually is..

Man, I'm not so sure about that. I honestly think the Chiefs D will rank in the lower third of the league. The secondary is young but promising, but the D-line and LB's are really bad.

It's still the preseason, and I won't take much from this game, but it was glaring to me the Chiefs were able to get pressure to Kolb, because they can't get pressure on ANYBODY.

Man, I'm not so sure about that. I honestly think the Chiefs D will rank in the lower third of the league. The secondary is young but promising, but the D-line and LB's are really bad.

It's still the preseason, and I won't take much from this game, but it was glaring to me the Chiefs were able to get pressure to Kolb, because they can't get pressure on ANYBODY.

:wacko: we might see the Mike Vick era sooner than later if the Eagles OL continues to look as bad as the highlights revealed...

He is still getting a lot of looks, definitley trying to get his hands on the ball. But I agree with DMD, best left alone as a fantasy option. Just my opinion.

I drafted him in a 16 team BOTH and will probly target him really late in 2 live drafts this weekend for the hell of it. IMO he has just as much chance to be a WR4/5- bye week filler as other guys drafted in the last round.

thanks for the info

Charles' apparent arm injury in Friday night's preseason game was nothing more than him landing awkwardly and hitting his funny bone, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Recommendation: All the worrying and hand-wringing can be put to rest. Although Charles fumbled on the first play from scrimmage Friday, he recovered to finish with six carries for 40 yards and one reception for 20 yards, outplaying Thomas Jones for the third consecutive game. Coach Todd Haley has maintained throughout the preseason that he intends to lean on the back who is running the best and who gives the Chiefs the best chance to win, and right now the competition (if using those two criteria) isn't even close. The fact that Charles started the all-important third preseason game, which is generally considered a final dress rehearsal before the regular season, is another encouraging sign. Put simply, you're not going to find another player who's going in the third round of fantasy drafts with as much tantalizing upside as Charles.

(Rotowire.com)

Charles' apparent arm injury in Friday night's preseason game was nothing more than him landing awkwardly and hitting his funny bone, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Recommendation: All the worrying and hand-wringing can be put to rest. Although Charles fumbled on the first play from scrimmage Friday, he recovered to finish with six carries for 40 yards and one reception for 20 yards, outplaying Thomas Jones for the third consecutive game. Coach Todd Haley has maintained throughout the preseason that he intends to lean on the back who is running the best and who gives the Chiefs the best chance to win, and right now the competition (if using those two criteria) isn't even close. The fact that Charles started the all-important third preseason game, which is generally considered a final dress rehearsal before the regular season, is another encouraging sign. Put simply, you're not going to find another player who's going in the third round of fantasy drafts with as much tantalizing upside as Charles.(Rotowire.com)

Yeah, good luck getting Charles in the 3rd round of a PPR league...