[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rising/Falling... from the peanut gallery

Thews40

Sorry if I state facts and you can't handle it. You want to resort to name calling for what reason ? Have I offended you by telling you what has happened in my drafts ? Are you so sold on your veiw must be the correct path that your going to come on here and call me names ?

Grow up please.

What name did I call you fragile flower? You seem to think what has happened in your drafts is more relevant than the ADP. Poor little Henry Muto... so fragile with such a big mouth. They'll come Henry... they'll come to save you won't they? Let me be the first to :highfive: your spew. Henry Muto is the greatest FF mind ever created... just look at how much he claims he wins.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speak for yourself Avernus... you don't know what others are going to say or what they mean. This a game, and if MR. "I won 95% of my SB's" wants to spout off, so be it. A QB in round one is much more solid IMO than RB/RB/WR/WR, but that's just me. Talk is cheap, but some talk is cheaper.

did I really have to /sarcasm that?

I took Rodgers at pick 21 (1st QB off the board) in the FFPC Red vs Blue live draft show back on Aug 6th and the announcers blasted me for it. Yes this draft had announcers it was one of those events where it was broadcast live on an interent radio show on Sirus.

Anyway maybe I just play in different types of leagues then the rest of you. QB's just seem to fall in the high stakes drafts they get no respect what so ever.

It all depends on the relative value and in the leagues I play most of them are 4 pts per TD pass and 1 per 20 yards passing, 1 per 10 rushing, -1 INT.

There is 1 league I play in at 6 per TD pass plus those yardages I did take Brady/Brees in the 2nd round of those draft last year have yet to draft there this year and maybe a QB might go in the 1st in that league, maybe Rodgers.

I agree taking a top flight QB gives you a safety net as the RB late in the 1st has a 50/50 chance of crapping out but if you can get say a Romo or Brady in the 4th/5th or a Shaub in the 6th to pair up with a 1st round elite WR then I would rather do that then go with say Rodgers and a 6th round WR.

That is just me though. To each their own.

I took Rodgers at pick 21 (1st QB off the board) in the FFPC Red vs Blue live draft show back on Aug 6th and the announcers blasted me for it. Yes this draft had announcers it was one of those events where it was broadcast live on an interent radio show on Sirus.

Anyway maybe I just play in different types of leagues then the rest of you. QB's just seem to fall in the high stakes drafts they get no respect what so ever.

It all depends on the relative value and in the leagues I play most of them are 4 pts per TD pass and 1 per 20 yards passing, 1 per 10 rushing, -1 INT.

There is 1 league I play in at 6 per TD pass plus those yardages I did take Brady/Brees in the 2nd round of those draft last year have yet to draft there this year and maybe a QB might go in the 1st in that league, maybe Rodgers.

I agree taking a top flight QB gives you a safety net as the RB late in the 1st has a 50/50 chance of crapping out but if you can get say a Romo or Brady in the 4th/5th or a Shaub in the 6th to pair up with a 1st round elite WR then I would rather do that then go with say Rodgers and a 6th round WR.

That is just me though. To each their own.

I always agreed with that train of thought, but in my local it was rodgers and CJ...then everyone else...AJ was in the mix as well...

this is why these players are in my top 10 as I used to be the guy who didn't take a QB until the 6th or later...

my top 10 now looks like

CJ

AP

Rice

Rodgers

AJ

Gore

MJD

DWill

Brees

Moss/Manning

I always agreed with that train of thought, but in my local it was rodgers and CJ...then everyone else...AJ was in the mix as well...

this is why these players are in my top 10 as I used to be the guy who didn't take a QB until the 6th or later...

my top 10 now looks like

CJ

AP

Rice

Rodgers

AJ

Gore

MJD

DWill

Brees

Moss/Manning

I still think Brees is a lock over Rogers, and while I love AJ this year, Gore is prolly a better pick.

Just a word of advice Henry Muto, this place might take you a lot more seriously if you weren't always throwing in how many leagues you are in, how much money you make on FF, how many high stakes leagues you are in and the the little tidbits like how your draft had it's own announcers and was broadcast on Sirus. None of which make you any more an expert on fantasy football than the rest of us and comes across as extremely pretentious and annoying as hell. You obviously have a lot of experience, how about showing it rather than telling us. Take this thread for instance, the thread is supposed to be about players who have risen or fallen, none of which you have provided & therefore succeeded in completely derailing the thread rather than giving any valuable input.

...and before you bring it up, no, I don't have any players to add. Just trying to get the thread back on track.

I still think Brees is a lock over Rogers, and while I love AJ this year, Gore is prolly a better pick.

Gore is a riskier pick to me right now and I consider both players around similar value to the point where I'll move AJ slightly ahead of Gore at this point...

Just a word of advice Henry Muto, this place might take you a lot more seriously if you weren't always throwing in how many leagues you are in, how much money you make on FF, how many high stakes leagues you are in and the the little tidbits like how your draft had it's own announcers and was broadcast on Sirus. None of which make you any more an expert on fantasy football than the rest of us and comes across as extremely pretentious and annoying as hell. You obviously have a lot of experience, how about showing it rather than telling us. Take this thread for instance, the thread is supposed to be about players who have risen or fallen, none of which you have provided & therefore succeeded in completely derailing the thread rather than giving any valuable input.

...and before you bring it up, no, I don't have any players to add. Just trying to get the thread back on track.

oh man, T-K-O on the M-U-T-O :wacko:

Feel free to go back to page 1 where I added my thoughts on rising players.

Did you even look before you decided to join the bashing party ? I guess not because I clearly had input on Foster and Finley.

I give you the amount of drafts I was in to help support the data I post.

Which is better when giving out info.

I have not seen a QB go in round 1 in my drafts

or

I have not seen a QB go in round 1 and I have been in 6 drafts so far

Which gives you a better idea of where QB's are going in the drafts I am in ?

You people are are flat out amazing always jumping to conclusions. Sometimes you need the facts.

High stakes leagues are a different world then the local leagues and I am in both.

Many of you here have some kind of complex about people saying how much money the leagues are in (which I have not done this year by the way)

or how many they play in.

I would do a mirror check on yourself before judging someone else.

I was talking about adding new players to the discussion, I'll give you the Foster post.

Did you even look before you decided to join the bashing party ? I guess not because I clearly had input on Foster and Finley.

Believe me, I'm not trying to bash you which is why I said I thought you had a lot of experience... Something that can be very valuable to the boards. I'm just trying to point out to you why so many Huddler's jump on your case every time you post. Like I said, just a word of advice.

or

I haven't seen a QB go in round 1 any any drafts so far this season? :wacko:

You people are are flat out amazing always jumping to conclusions. Sometimes you need the facts.

High stakes leagues are a different world then the local leagues and I am in both.

So how does that help the majority of fantasy owners who do not play in high stakes leagues? :tup:

Many of you here have some kind of complex about people saying how much money the leagues are in (which I have not done this year by the way)or how many they play in.

It's not a complex, like I said, it comes across as pretentious and actually has the opposite affect that you are striving for. If you give well thought-out discussion then people will respect you for your input and there's no need to place a resume' with every post.

Again, I'm not trying to judge you, I'm not trying to bash you. Honestly I don't think I've ever responded to any of your posts before. I'm just trying to help you and point out why you seem to rub people the wrong way.

BTW

Rising:

Reggie Bush - In PPR leagues, I think he's going to be money this year. Pierre Thomas will still get the bulk of the carries and the Saints will look to Chris Ivory to fill the shoes of Mike Bell, but I think the Saints will try to expand their "running" game through more screen passes and short routes with FB Heath Evans back in the lineup.

Edited by rajncajn

I was talking about adding new players to the discussion, I'll give you the Foster post.

Believe me, I'm not trying to bash you which is why I said I thought you had a lot of experience... Something that can be very valuable to the boards. I'm just trying to point out to you why so many Huddler's jump on your case every time you post. Like I said, just a word of advice.

or

I haven't seen a QB go in round 1 any any drafts so far this season? :wacko:

So how does that help the majority of fantasy owners who do not play in high stakes leagues? :tup:

Many of you here have some kind of complex about people saying how much money the leagues are in (which I have not done this year by the way)or how many they play in.

It's not a complex, like I said, it comes across as pretentious and actually has the opposite affect that you are striving for. If you give well thought-out discussion then people will respect you for your input and there's no need to place a resume' with every post.

Again, I'm not trying to judge you, I'm not trying to bash you. Honestly I don't think I've ever responded to any of your posts before. I'm just trying to help you and point out why you seem to rub people the wrong way.

BTW

Rising:

Reggie Bush - In PPR leagues, I think he's going to be money this year. Pierre Thomas will still get the bulk of the carries and the Saints will look to Chris Ivory to fill the shoes of Mike Bell, but I think the Saints will try to expand their "running" game through more screen passes and short routes with FB Heath Evans back in the lineup.

Good post. I can respect your opinion.

Risers - all 3 rookie backs Mathews, Best and Spiller in a PPR league I drafted yesterday they went (12 team league)

Mathews - 11

Best - 24

Spiller - 55

Mathews has been going in the 2nd/3rd round so maybe this guy took him a little early but people really like him by the mid 2nd now.

Best has moved up from 4th to 3rd round it seems and now even creeps into the late 2nd.

Spiller I got in the 8th round earlier this month now he goes in the 5th/6th

I for one would much rather read a post by Muto than the crap this Thews guy has been putting out there - There was absolutely no reason to jump all over Muto.

I read a few of the rate my team posts in the other forum and Thews was just as non-classy in those.

Every year I am amazed at how people must think they are so much above anyone else and then spew out out in a post.

if you don't like rate my team then don't read them and for god's sake don't take the time to post useless insults. if you don't like what Muto says then simply move on.

I for one would much rather read a post by Muto than the crap this Thews guy has been putting out there - There was absolutely no reason to jump all over Muto.

I read a few of the rate my team posts in the other forum and Thews was just as non-classy in those.

Every year I am amazed at how people must think they are so much above anyone else and then spew out out in a post.

if you don't like rate my team then don't read them and for god's sake don't take the time to post useless insults. if you don't like what Muto says then simply move on.

Thanks for your insight gbpfan. Please stick to RMT's as it's where your input is actually going to be worth reading. Regarding your latching onto Muto's sac... you must be a big fan of someone who has 87 teams and wins all the SB's he enters. Again... thanks for your FF insight, because we learned so much from your NFL perspective.

or

Many of you here have some kind of complex about people saying how much money the leagues are in (which I have not done this year by the way)

or how many they play in.

let's see where they go in a "high stakes league" with the scoring system in my local.....

the reason they went where they went is due to the scoring - NOT because of it being a "high stakes league" and these guys just aren't playing around....quarterback shmuarterback, I'm a real FF'er so I don't take a QB in the 1st no matter what...

in my local league scoring system, there are always 2 QB's taken in the 1st round and then another 1 in the 2nd and then they kinda spread throut the draft with a spike between rounds 6-7...

if the scoring was like your "high stakes league" I wouldn't even bother with a QB until the 6th round or so because the point differential will be much less between the 1st and the 10th best QB for your "high stakes league" :wacko: than what the difference in points would be in my local league which gives a QB anywhere between 6-9 pts per TD depending on the length of the TD..

a "high stakes league" would never go with the scoring in my local and probably don't even use PPR as they use a very generic scoring system...if they use PPR, they must have just added it...it's a system that everyone can follow and it'll go by basic production...

Good post. I can respect your opinion.

Risers - all 3 rookie backs Mathews, Best and Spiller in a PPR league I drafted yesterday they went (12 team league)

Mathews - 11

Best - 24

Spiller - 55

Mathews has been going in the 2nd/3rd round so maybe this guy took him a little early but people really like him by the mid 2nd now.

Best has moved up from 4th to 3rd round it seems and now even creeps into the late 2nd.

Spiller I got in the 8th round earlier this month now he goes in the 5th/6th

Mathews - I keep ranking him high and then I'll tank him a bit lower because of the OL....11 is a bit much, but I'd consider him in the late 2nd..

Best - I think I might like Spiller more, but both are around 26-30 in my rankings, or Best might be around 19....I don't have my rankings on this computer...

Although just a sleeper who is the #3 on TBB. I beleive him to be starting #1 mid way through the year Kareem Huggins stock is way up.

no doubt Huggins has been getting a lot of love lately and I believe he is actually #2 now and passed D-Ward.

That is a good pick late in the draft for sure with Caddy's balky knees.

Huggins went in the 14th round of my last draft.

If ifs and nuts were chips and nuts, oh what a merry Christmas we would have. Stats are just stats and they all count. When it’s first a goal at the 2, who do you think is getting the nod?

Witten – up. Catch a pass, score a point. Catch another, score another. Lather/rinse/repeat.

Tony Gonzalez – Up. See Witten above.

Knowshon Moreno – down. He’s always hurt, the Doncos are gonna suck this year (sad but true) and I just don’t see it.

Felix Jones – Down. The Dallas RB’s are a bag of hit/miss weeks that can’t be counted on.

Terrel Owens – Up. How can you not like this scenario? Jump ball in the endzone with hands that can pull it down. The yards may not be there, but I suspect the TD’s will.

Malcom Floyd – up. I suspect Vjax will sit longer than 6 games… prolly 8 or 9. Someone has to pony up and Rivers has had time to dial it in. He comes cheap and should be on the radar one round early IMO.

J. Gaffney – up. Believe the hype. In a PPR, he’ll get his.

Ya Jacobs had the nod about 100 times last year, and got 5 TD's!! I had him and he killed me, he is the softest big man on the planet

Based on pre-season performances -- just watched most of the games, injury reports, etc.

Rising

Aaron Rodgers

Alex Smith

Jason Campbell (barring injury)

Arian Foster

C.J. Spiller

Joseph Addai (silencing Donald Brown pro-)

Leon Washington

Frank Gore

Darrius Heyward-Bey

Mike Williams (TB)

Steve Smith (NYG)

Donald Driver

Josh Morgan

Falling

Tony Romo

Jay Cutler

Knowshon Moreno

Matt Forte (Chester Taylor looks goooooood)

Donald Brown (sleeper pick only happening if Addai struggles. Addai looks good this pre-season)

Felix Jones

Justin Forsett

Larry Fitzgerald

Johnny Knox

Bernard Berrian

Steve Breaston

Kevin Walter

Chaz Schilens

Devery Henderson

Edited by MoOnshine22

Outside of a 30 yard run... Jacobs line is 5 carries, 11 yards.

Person going down this week for me is Kevin Kolb. I hope Big Ben's suspension gets reduced to 2 games.

I don't think that is an option ... 4 or 6 has always been discussed. I'd be surprised if it was reduced to 2.

Down - Tony Romo, Felix Jones, Marion Barber, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant - Dallas offense has looked horrible

It's a "rising and falling" thread, but I'm wondering if the Cow-pokes will now offer better value because of their piss poor showing this last weekend. This could be the classic over correction. I think I'll keep my eye on them during this weekend draft and try and scoop some of them up. Everybody seems to have noted how crappy they are.