[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rising/Falling... from the peanut gallery

Thews40

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a "rising and falling" thread, but I'm wondering if the Cow-pokes will now offer better value because of their piss poor showing this last weekend. This could be the classic over correction. I think I'll keep my eye on them during this weekend draft and try and scoop some of them up. Everybody seems to have noted how crappy they are.

exactly and I don't believe the offense is THAT bad...it's not good, but the weapons they have will be used to exploit a blitz...

and maybe they go a 2TE set at times to milk the defense, we all know how they have two TE's that can produce...

no doubt Huggins has been getting a lot of love lately and I believe he is actually #2 now and passed D-Ward.

That is a good pick late in the draft for sure with Caddy's balky knees.

Huggins went in the 14th round of my last draft.

Oops I got something right.

exactly and I don't believe the offense is THAT bad...it's not good, but the weapons they have will be used to exploit a blitz...

and maybe they go a 2TE set at times to milk the defense, we all know how they have two TE's that can produce...

Dallas will be much better than they looked against Houston. Two of their starting linemen were sitting out. Bryant was sitting out. The Cowboys are always plain vanilla in the preseason as well.

was it good last year? Who'd they lose from last year that makes it " not good" this year?

sometimes players don't put together back to back seasons with the same production.....they just haven't had a good camp on the OL and have showed no signs of quality blocking thus far in the pre-season...

Dallas will be much better than they looked against Houston. Two of their starting linemen were sitting out. Bryant was sitting out. The Cowboys are always plain vanilla in the preseason as well.

I agree, but I'm just saying the OL hasn't looked good all camp either...

I don't put much emphasis on pre-season, but then again the OL hasn't really put it together yet and an OL doesn't just slack off and expect to just start putting it together after not playing for a few months and then not putting together any quality blocking as of yet....the OL may put it together by week 4 or 5, but they look as if they'll start off slow....

and that's going off all camp and pre-season.....you have to show you have that rhythm back in order to make me believe when it comes down to an OL...I just can't say "well, they looked great last season so I'm sold"

Drafting a QB 1st round - WAY up

I just finished a draft with electricrelish as my co-manager and we got Brees in the late 3rd round at pick 34 and we still are wondering if we took a QB too high. So much for that QB 1st round stock being WAYYYYYYYYYYY UP.

I just finished a draft with electricrelish as my co-manager and we got Brees in the late 3rd round at pick 34 and we still are wondering if we took a QB too high. So much for that QB 1st round stock being WAYYYYYYYYYYY UP.

planets revolving around Henry Muto - WAY UPPP

Brees in currently the #8 ADP in a 12 team PPR since Aug 25th. Was this a 6 man free league you organized with your local cub scouts?

Edited by Thews40

Muto Muto Muto....

Every 12 man league I am in has had both Brees and Rodgers in the first round.

The odder thing to me is that the rest of the qb's in 3 of my leagues are still getting run on in the 2-3 rounds. It is like people think they have to quick grab them up in these early rounds or they will be all gone. (Favre at the beginning of the third?)

And Muto... Can you please look at ADP's and everyone else's comments and realize, in the average league, qb's are going in the first round? This shouldn't be that difficult for you.

Muto Muto Muto....

Every 12 man league I am in has had both Brees and Rodgers in the first round.

The odder thing to me is that the rest of the qb's in 3 of my leagues are still getting run on in the 2-3 rounds. It is like people think they have to quick grab them up in these early rounds or they will be all gone. (Favre at the beginning of the third?)

And Muto... Can you please look at ADP's and everyone else's comments and realize, in the average league, qb's are going in the first round? This shouldn't be that difficult for you.

now, now let's not get ahead of ourselves...

Muto only plays in high stakes leagues and if you're a real-deal FF'er, you don't take a QB until the 3rd round and that's only if you can get Brees or Rodgers....and apparently the scoring doesn't matter, it's all about being an obnoxious Pro...

at 6pts per TD, you're a sucker if your not reaching for Brees, Manning or Rodgers. That is the most consistent and productive choice out there. Especially with a lot of mid-tier RBs available in later rounds.

This coming from an old-schooler with plenty of success at dare I say...high stakes buy-ins. I was probably the last guy to budge off the RB/WR school of thought.

But, reflecting back to my leagues last year...almost every team that made it to the champioship had a Top 4 QB, namely Brees and Rodgers.

So good for you Muto..for having optimal game selection skillz. Because the guys you are playing against might have money...but clearly fail to adapt.

Taking Brees in the 3rd round a reach? That is LOL.

As entertaining as this was to read, I liked it better when it was ON TOPIC...

Good point.

Gonna bump Jacoby Jones again - up.

Todd Heap - up. I can't count the number of times I drafted Heap and had him get hurt. Not gonna be a top 8, but might be a 9-12 at the end of the year if he stays healthy. Could be worth a very late round pick in a deep league.

D. Anderson - up. He was awesome... at times. It looks like his show and could be worth a late rounder.

Larry Johnson - up. Not sure if all the Washington backs are gonna be fodder, but where he's going there could be value there.

N. Rackers - up, K. Brown - down. Injury is gonna decide this one.

Cowboys - down... except for Witten. Why... just cuz they look unorganized.

Texans - up. This is the year the cards fall in the other direction.

Seahawks - down... same ol.

Raiders - up. Not a big up, but a little up, and a little up is better than no up. Ok, it's relative, cause you can't get much more down, but I got a hunch they'll win 7 games and shine at times. Z. Miller - up.

Chargers - down. Too much drama. I see good FF production in losing games, but I'll guess they miss the playoffs.

Ravens - up. A solid unit with many weapons. Boldin is a big up IMO.

Edited by Thews40

Explain please.

Ok... call it a hunch, but without V.Jackson their offense gets more predictable with the deep threat removed. LT is gone and everyone expects Mathews to just take over and be great out of the gate. What if he's a Donald Brown kind of guy and Rivers winds up on his ass 10 times? He's a rookie and Sprols isn't LT and doesn't have the experience. I just see the whole thing as volatile and mistakes being costly. Like I said, I see good production out of Gates because the deep threat is lessened, but the more predictable the offense the easier is it to control it.

Ok... call it a hunch, but without V.Jackson their offense gets more predictable with the deep threat removed. LT is gone and everyone expects Mathews to just take over and be great out of the gate. What if he's a Donald Brown kind of guy and Rivers winds up on his ass 10 times? He's a rookie and Sprols isn't LT and doesn't have the experience. I just see the whole thing as volatile and mistakes being costly. Like I said, I see good production out of Gates because the deep threat is lessened, but the more predictable the offense the easier is it to control it.

I don't know how the offense is more predictable or how the deep threat was removed.... :wacko:

Good points. I don't agree with all of them, but they are all legit concerns. I will just ask you this. If not the Chargers, then who wins the AFC West?

You're saying the loss of VJax means nothing to this team?

I dont see how the loss of Vjax means the whole team will disintegrate . . .:wacko: A lot of teams have lost WRs with a lot less notice than this and still performed well. They team has been preparing since triaing camp to not have Vjax . . they will move on.

I dont see how the loss of Vjax means the whole team will disintegrate . . .:wacko: A lot of teams have lost WRs with a lot less notice than this and still performed well. They team has been preparing since triaing camp to not have Vjax . . they will move on.

I'm not saying they won't, but I do believe that last year's stats will go down with the offense being more predictable. You may be right and I may be crazy, but I don’t see the smooth sailing you’re predicting, especially out of the gate.

Edit to add: Advice being sought from the boogieman and Chargers

Edited by Thews40