[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodgers at #5?

chipsjake

5th pick in a 12 teamer. I have read all the threads that say no way on drafting a QB this early but hear me out. I am thinking either Rodgers or Gore at this pick. Our scoring is such that last year Rodgers was our #1 QB, 60 pts better than Brees, 120 pts better than Peyton and 170 pts better than Eli who was the 10th QB in scoring for 2009.

Gore was 5th in RB points last year for us. He was 100 pts better than a group of RBs that ended up ranked 20th last year. He was 50 pts better than Ryan Grant who was 10th.

Our scoring for all positions : TD 0-9yds 6pts TD 10-39 yds 9pts TD 40 plus yds 12 pts

QBs get double points if they run one in. RBs gets double if they catch a Td. Typical points for yardage.

Am I crazy for taking Rodgers here?

Thanks for any input

Edited by chipsjake

i dont think youre crazy for taking him....but if andre johnson were available, he would be hard to pass up. i had the the 5th pick as well, but ended up having rodgers fall to me in the 2nd ~ was a crazy draft tho, i wasnt thinking THAT would happen. my original strategy was to go with johnson and then get ryan grant or cedric benson in 2nd but they were gone, with rodgers there.

dunno if that helps :wacko:

With the scoring as you described it, I don't see taking Rodgers as an issue. I used to play in a heavy distance scoring league with scoring similar to what you described, and a top QB could really separate a team, it also made deep threat WRs like Desean Jackson highly valuable (and would quite possibly push Moss up to the #1 WR)

FWIW, I took Rodgers at pick 1.05 in my 12 team re-draft league (.5 PPR, 6 pts/ANY TD)... Funny thing is, MJD was available (he went w/ the very next pick, BTW), but his knee issue was bugging me. A collective gasp went up when I took Rodgers b/c in the 13 years I've been in this league, I've only taken a QB before Rd 5 once before, and no QB as ever been taken top 5 in this league either.