[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kareem Huggins

cadycadets

Did he even play Saturday? I don't see any carries or receptions?? Does he have the number 2 spot locked up?

3 carries for -2 yds and 0 receptions in wk 3 preseason.

Looks like one of the preferred sleepers-of-the-offseason is sitting at RB3 at best in TB despite all the favorable press he's gotten up to now. Barring some significant injuries, it wouldn't surprise me to see J Johnson with more rushing yds this coming year.

Edited by Bronco Billy

3 carries for -2 yds and 0 receptions in wk 3 preseason.

Looks like one of the preferred sleepers-of-the-offseason is sitting at RB3 at best in TB despite all the favorable press he's gotten up to now. Barring some significant injuries, it wouldn't surprise me to see J Johnson with more rushing yds this coming year.

#3 behind who?

D. Ward? They keep threatening to cut him

The team has soured on Derrick Ward who was overweight in training camp and has been nothing but a disappointment since coming over from the Giants. He had one run in the 3rd quarter for 12 yards but otherwise he only had 3 runs for 7 yards in that game and Carnell Williams only managed 5 carries for 6 yards. There was no rushing in that game by the Bucs (or really by Jags either). Ward will be the #2 to start the year barring a release, but Huggins will factor in and at some point replace Ward. The only upside player in that entire backfield is Huggins who has been the only impressive runner this entire summer.

Yeah Bronco, I wouldn't bury him just yet. We have a loooooooooong way to go. I have to agree that Huggins will be a factor at some point, and I drafted him in my last two drafts in anticipation of such. Given the situation in Tampa, I think this is a guy you might want to roll the dice with if you have the roster space available to see where it takes us.

Well, color me skeptical. When I see a second or lower string RB who is uninjured get 3 touches in week 3 of preseason, especially knowing that TB ought to be limiting Caddy's touches due to his injury history, I get the impression that we FFers think a lot more of him than the coaches do.

Well, color me skeptical. When I see a second or lower string RB who is uninjured get 3 touches in week 3 of preseason, especially knowing that TB ought to be limiting Caddy's touches due to his injury history, I get the impression that we FFers think a lot more of him than the coaches do.

It's last call for Ward. Caddy has his job. Many of the starting RB's either sat out or played minimal time.

I'm not saying Huggins is the sure fire here, by no means. But I think they are letting the ones fighting for their jobs one last chance.

True. We can't crawl inside coaches heads, as much as we'd like to think we can. But I see a guy with obvious talent, that has fought his way from obscurity to possibly the back-up role on the team. And I see a starter in Cadillac Williams that the team cannot afford to overwork due to the fact that he is held together with scotch tape. He looks like a prime breakout candidate, and depending on the competitition level in your league a prime deep sleeper candidate with major upside potential is exactly the kind of player you want to take a chance on. The two carries are concerning, but from all I have seen, but every other piece of evidence I have tells me that the coach is in the kids corner. There was NO WAY I was going to pass in this guy, especially coupled with the fact that I played "bargain basement running back roulette" already with my draft strategy. In sharp leagues he is being drafted down in the Chester Taylor/ Choice/Scott range. Those guys are just "handcuffs" or ambulance chaser specials. And the rest of the guys in that range are pretty uninspiring. I guess it depends on your risk tolerance. No guts no glory baby!

In all honesty, I think Huggins has the gig but there are mechanics that need to be refined and Caddy understands those. Morris has a love affair with Caddy, but also realizes they cannot win with him as their primary back. I think they've already made their mind up that Huggins has the starting job but maybe by week 5 or 6.

In all honesty, I think Huggins has the gig but there are mechanics that need to be refined and Caddy understands those. Morris has a love affair with Caddy, but also realizes they cannot win with him as their primary back. I think they've already made their mind up that Huggins has the starting job but maybe by week 5 or 6.

Absolute insanity. You say that they cannot win with Williams as the primary back, but they can with Kareem Huggins? You're bat crap crazy if you actually believe this. The Bucs are not going to break six wins this year. Theyre still a team in the process of turning it around. I sometimes think you guys find a guy with potential to make some noise and turn him into some kind of savior.

Absolute insanity. You say that they cannot win with Williams as the primary back, but they can with Kareem Huggins? You're bat crap crazy if you actually believe this. The Bucs are not going to break six wins this year. Theyre still a team in the process of turning it around. I sometimes think you guys find a guy with potential to make some noise and turn him into some kind of savior.

I didn't say they were going to be superbowl champions this year nor that having Huggins as their starter will make them a contender this year. He is part of their future and this is a perfect year to refine him into an NFL caliber RB without the worries of making the playoffs. I do, however, know that Caddy is a liability. And if you deny Caddy as a liability, then your smokin the good stuff!

looking good now

Yep, had some nice runs while behind a weak line.

Not sure if he's worth the current hype in a redraft league with Graham still in the mix, but definitely a nice dynasty pickup. He earned the opportunity with a nice camp, but has to keep showing it in the regular season.

Yep, had some nice runs while behind a weak line.

Not sure if he's worth the current hype in a redraft league with Graham still in the mix, but definitely a nice dynasty pickup. He earned the opportunity with a nice camp, but has to keep showing it in the regular season.

Graham is the FB and will get carries, but his primary role will be lead blocker.

He's had 1 rush for 1 yards this entire preseason and 14 rushes for 66 yars last year. Granted, in 07 he had some nice numbers but I think that role will be handled by Caddy this year. That being said, that leaves opportunity for him since we all know Caddy will be injured at some point this season.

Anybody kind of think Tampa's running game is going to be crap no matter who the RB is? I'm kind of digging K. Winslow this year as he is going very late and they really don't have many options on offense. None of my rosters are long enough to take a chance on Higgins but we'll see what spans out as I'm always looking for upgrades.

True, but he is a FB that can actually run. He will get more touches than your average FB.

+1

From the way Morris has been talking, Graham will be used in a few different ways and would be leaned on heavily if Caddy went down. At this point, Huggins is the change of pace guy, but that could change quickly considering his upside is so much higher. That kid is fast.