[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is your biggest "DOH!" pick?

APinMN

10 team ppr league with one flex position, I was picking 8th. Not sure I want a redo yet, but I was really targeting Schaub. Thought about taking him in the 4th, would have been a bit of a reach there based on ADP but I could have lived with it since I really wanted him (reach for the studs, right?). I already had Moss, Wayne, Mathews. It came my turn and Steve Smith NYG was still there and I just could not resist that 3WR set. Schaub went early 5th to the #2 guy. Rivers went next which left me holding the bag with no top 7 QB. Loaded up on RB's for a few rounds and ended up with Kolb and McNabb. I hope the move pays off, but that is the pick that has been bugging me since draft day.

17th round, 12th pick... Earnest Graham :lol:

I had kinda lost track of who had been drafted and went up to the board and picked a guy that had already been drafted, had the sheet w. the RB names on it and there he was... The whole room was like :(:tup::tup::lol::)

And I was :lol::(:(:wacko:

I drafted Sanchez in Round 12....after I had already drafted Flacco and Palmer. When the draft snaked back around, the best player left was Royal. Worked out in the end as I was able to drop Sanchez and pick up Foster on waivers (before he blew up - we had an early draft!).

Up in a slow online draft . . and had more than a few drinks at a wake.

Ended up drafting Johnny Knox at least a round or two before I could have gotten him . . and missed out on the TE I really wanted as a result. :wacko:

Note for all you kids out there . . . never drink and draft. :tup:

Though toking and drafting works out for me quite well. I always end up with a team I like... On paper anyway.

Just set up an autopick list of TEs while I was running out the door to an appointment, in order not to be a stopper to our 32 team draft.

I came back to the pleasant surprise that I had drafted Zach Miller for my TE.

From JAC.

JAC?!? :tup:

:wacko: And, of course in a 32 team league, the pool is SO deep that a mistake like that is HARDLY EVER fatal. :tup:

Edited by cre8tiff

Not my mistake, but at my second money league draft last Friday a guy, who was drafting for someone who couldn't be there, was making TERRIBLE picks (for example Kicker in the fifth round because "that position isn't covered yet"). In the second half of the draft, he was mumbling about needing a WR, so i casually tapped Devin Hester's name on his sheet. He waved me off, saying, "yeah, I was thinking about him, but I have someone else in mind". Then he walks over to the table the player stickers were on, ripped off Avery's name, and stuck it on the board.

He sat back down, and I was like DUDE! :wacko:

Didn't try to throw him any bones after that.

I guess I should rat myself out on one, if I'm going to throw a noob under the bus. My very first FF draft, many moons ago, I happily picked Brett Favre with my first pick. The #2 pick of my fantasy career that day was John Elway. :wacko: My clever plan...I sure didn't think it all the way through...

I took Rackers, and I'm not worried. If Brown wins, which I doubt, Rackers will be scooped up VERY quickly. Might be to a low scoring O like the Jets, but he'll be kicking in the NFL this year, no doubt. The Jets went after him, but he likes to kick indoors.

I think that Marshall is a Top 5 receiver this year. He is too talented not to be and Henne can get him the ball (or Ronnie Brown). Whether its PPR or not, Marshall is the better pick than Boldin who could be a risk this year as WR1.

I took Moreno in the late 4th round over guys like Gates, Colston, Ronnie Brown, Ochocinco, etc. I thought it was a good pick at the time but now I'm hating it after hearing how banged up he is. I feel like I somewhat made up for it by successfully trading Hines Ward and Jason Witten for Brent Celek and Boldin.

With the exception of those who drafted players either already out/suspended/cut/etc which are worthy of a :tup: I am always surprised at the number of people who second-guess their picks before any games are even played :wacko:

I tend to hold off on giving myself (or anyone else(for that matter)) a :tup: until about week 4 and beyond...

The best in my most recent draft was the second round where an owner blurted out " Jackson...PHIL Jackson". Big pregnant pause before he got it from all sides. He was so rattled when we asked did he mean Steven Jackson, he said "yeah...Steven Jackson". Then two rounds later stated he actually meant D. Jax. Yikes. :wacko: