[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Polamalu’s hair insured for $1 million

buddahj

PITTSBURGH (AP)—Just call Troy Polamalu(notes) the man with the million dollar hair.

The long, flowing black hair that tumbles out of Polamalu’s helmet and down his back—it’s nearly three feet long—has been insured for $1 million by Head and Shoulders, the shampoo brand that is endorsed by the Pittsburgh Steelers safety.

The insurance was obtained through Lloyd’s of London, which did not reveal what must be done to Polamalu’s hair for anyone to collect on the policy.

Polamalu’s hair has been targeted by an opposing NFL player at least once— the Chiefs’ Larry Johnson(notes) tackled Polamalu by the hair during a 49-yard interception return in a 2006 game.

Polamalu, a five-time Pro Bowl player, wears his hair long as a tribute to his Samoan heritage.

What the f....

When you think you've seen it all...bam.

That's the one of the gayest/most idiotic things NFL-wise I've heard in quite some time. He's a great player, but what a egomaniacal dork. Get over yourself. If I had it, I might pay a mil to someone who can sneak up on him, cut the crap off, and douse him in Roundup so it doesn't grow back.

BR - what makes him an egomaniacal dork? Head and Shoulders are the ones who took out the insurance. He is one of the nicest guys that I know of that is a pro football player. Sure his hair does nothing for me but to each his own when it comes to that crap. Unless you think he only wears it that way so we know it is him? If that is the case then trust me, you don't have to see the hair to know it is him.

As for the topic. :tup: and :wacko:

Ah, my bad then, thx. I read it as H&S was doing it "for" him, if you see what I mean.

It's still retarded and gay as hell though.

Regardless of who is paying for it - it's good business.

Would he be getting Head and Shoulder endorcement deals w/o the hair?

Do you think that the endorcement dollars are good?

If something were to happen to his hair - how long do you think it would take to grow back? How many dollars would be lost?

Lloyd’s of London obviosly thought it was a good investment.

I know it is head and shoulders who paid for it - but what is so wrong with protecting and income stream. Its not like this guiy is being a pre-madonna about things.

If something were to happen to his hair - how long do you think it would take to grow back? How many dollars would be lost?

Lloyd’s of London obviosly thought it was a good investment.

I know it is head and shoulders who paid for it - but what is so wrong with protecting and income stream. Its not like this guiy is being a pre-madonna about things.

Without knowing what the actual insurance covers, it's kinda hard to tell if they are protecting an income stream or if they are just using it as a publicity stunt. A million dollar policy isn't all that expensive if the odds of having a payout are small enough. I've seen relatively small charities or organizations that host golf outings with hole in one that take out a insurance policy that might cost around a few thousand dollars but protects them in the ~1:13000 chance an amateur lands a hole in one. If it's something like that, H&S pays relatively little, Lloyds of London isn't likely to have to pay out, and Polamalu isn't really affected one way or another. And everyone is happy as their name is in the news and they make more money.