[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jonathan Stewart

gardenthug

i drafted him as my number 2. Being a Dwill fan i felt like a traitor but the value seemed there. Now im sick to my stomach about starting him week 1 since he has been so limited this preseason. Feel like i might end up being punished for betraying DWIll.

His lack of practice and gametime this pre-season is a bit worrisome. I'm also relying on Stewart at my RB2 spot. I wouldn't mind a glowing practice report before the season starts.

Following my same mantra as last year's draft, I went BPA - and for my first three rounds, I went A Johnson, Deangelo Williams.... then Stewart in Rd 3. According to the site I use (ahem) for rankings I only "reached" 4 spots for him picked him at 28 and he was ranked overall at 32. I did manage to get Addai, M Bush, and Best as well though.

I have not decided yet though if I will play them both during the same week at some point...

IMHO, what I think will wind up happening is this: Williams carries the bulk of the load for roughly the first half of the season, and then Stewart will see his role increase steadily until a roughly 50/50 split in carries around mid-season. Just a guess though.

He put up RB1 numbers last year and they'll be leaning on the run even more this season.

he put up nice numbers because he went off the last month without dwill around...and he was getting all the work....take away the last month and i think most of his owners are a little disappointed with him last year......although they likely didnt have the pay as high of a price to get him last year as you might have to now.....

really tough to see how they handle the carries there this year....but having gross and otah healthy will certainly help.....hopefully moore can keep drives alive...and lafell can emerge to help aid the running game.........as far as stewart owners wanting to see some good, glowing, practice reports on him before feeling good? i wouldnt worry too much about it....seems like the guy rarely practices....but the panthers staff doesnt seem to mind....im pretty sure they were aware of a foot problem when they drafted him.....it looks like the trust him enough that they can keep him fresh without needed to see alot in practice.....i just dunno what kind of year he has if dwill is healthy all year

he put up nice numbers because he went off the last month without dwill around...and he was getting all the work....take away the last month and i think most of his owners are a little disappointed with him last year......although they likely didnt have the pay as high of a price to get him last year as you might have to now.....

I think you nailed it. People forget that Dwill ran for 1500+ yards and 20 TD's in 2008, with Stewart there but DWills injury offered Stewart an opportunity for some decent points. A Healthy DWill this year might dissappoint some Stewart owners this year (Sorry taz)

I think you nailed it. People forget that Dwill ran for 1500+ yards and 20 TD's in 2008, with Stewart there but DWills injury offered Stewart an opportunity for some decent points. A Healthy DWill this year might dissappoint some Stewart owners this year (Sorry taz)

And a healthy Stew is going to be hard to keep on the bench. Sorry Bear.

His playing time is directly related to the coach. Dwill will get most of the carries just because that's how Fox works. The older veteran plays more than the younger and sometimes better player. Not saying that Stewart won't get carries every game, but if your expecting 15-20 each game from him then I think you'll be disappointed.

If healthy, for sure.

:wacko: What is this IF stuff. Some people just don't do there homework or pay attention. It's all good. Not busting any balls here but .... do I need to go into his injury history and the fact he's never missed a game? Nah...I let that one slide.

He'll approach 200 touches this year. Book it Dano.