[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben - Thoughts?

MrTed46

Do you think he can put up solid #s when his suspension is over? Top 10 (starting from his suspension to end of season)?

How is the Pit O-line? I remember it having issues last year.

I am asking because my main QB doesn't have a bye until after his suspension will be over and I can make a play for him.

I was hoping to land big Ben but someone took him in the 6th so i didn't get him. I was hoping to get him around an 8th. Anyways i have now been trying to trade for him as the same owner has Brees. Since the owner is starting Desean Jackson and Johnny KNox i figured i could offer him Derrik Mason for BIg Ben. The owner replied he thinks he can get more. Now i am stuck scrambling for a backup to Favre.

I was hoping to land big Ben but someone took him in the 6th so i didn't get him. I was hoping to get him around an 8th. Anyways i have now been trying to trade for him as the same owner has Brees. Since the owner is starting Desean Jackson and Johnny KNox i figured i could offer him Derrik Mason for BIg Ben. The owner replied he thinks he can get more. Now i am stuck scrambling for a backup to Favre.

Yeah, he can get a lot more than Derrick Mason. I'd just wait until week 5-6 and be able to land something nice.

First I am a Steelers fan. I am quite shocked by how low he has been going in drafts and in rankings...not that rankings mean much. When Ben returns he will without a doubt in my mind be a top 10 QB. At the end of the season he might not have end of year top 10 QB stats but once week six starts(4 game susp and bye) you will have a SOLID #1 QB. Although I am not big on big ben he is a heck of a QB who moves the offense in Pittsburgh. He will still be slinging the ball a lot...you do not pay a man $100 million to not use his skills.

I got him for a $1 in a keeper $200 auction league.....start 1 some what newbie league. In my older league he went for $31 $200 cap but we start 2 qbs. I did think that was MAYBE at value, but a little rich for my blood....

Yea, I missed out on top 7 qb's in my league, and ended up grabbing Ben in the 9th round...followed it up with Stafford in the 12th round and Eli in the 13th round and I feel as if I have a solid QB by committee

My local is a 16 teamer so we have a 2 QB roster limit. Snagged Big Ben for $15 (cap of $300) and follolwed up with Stafford for $7. Hopefully Stafford can hold the fort, as we open with 3 DH's in the forst 3 weeks of the year. As for Big Ben, if you extrapolate his numbers at the end of this year over a full 16 game season, I believe he is easily top 10 and a great value for me. The key to my season, of course, is Stafford...

Yea, I missed out on top 7 qb's in my league, and ended up grabbing Ben in the 9th round...followed it up with Stafford in the 12th round and Eli in the 13th round and I feel as if I have a solid QB by committee

My local is full of QB whores so I didn't have a shot at the top 6 QBs (all 6 were gone before my 2.12 pick). I loaded up my other positions and ended up with Eli/Cutler/Big Bender. I really hope that I can get production out of these knuckleheads and Ben can come save me in time for the mid-late season.

My local is a 16 teamer so we have a 2 QB roster limit. Snagged Big Ben for $15 (cap of $300) and follolwed up with Stafford for $7. Hopefully Stafford can hold the fort, as we open with 3 DH's in the forst 3 weeks of the year. As for Big Ben, if you extrapolate his numbers at the end of this year over a full 16 game season, I believe he is easily top 10 and a great value for me. The key to my season, of course, is Stafford...

Trust me, Stafford will do MUCH more than hold the fort.

As for Ben, I have no confidence in him this year...it's a rushing team with an emerging star in RM, the line is underrated, and they lost Holmes, his 2nd favorite target. Mike Wallace is unproven, Heath Miller is steadily declining, and he should be rusty at least a few games. The Steelers have one of the toughest passing defense schedules and one of the easier schedules for the run. He's nothing more than a top-15 QB in my opinion.

Solid backup QB - Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, David Garrard (I feel Stafford is a starter)

Trust me, Stafford will do MUCH more than hold the fort.

As for Ben, I have no confidence in him this year...it's a rushing team with an emerging star in RM, the line is underrated, and they lost Holmes, his 2nd favorite target. Mike Wallace is unproven, Heath Miller is steadily declining, and he should be rusty at least a few games. The Steelers have one of the toughest passing defense schedules and one of the easier schedules for the run. He's nothing more than a top-15 QB in my opinion.

Solid backup QB - Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, David Garrard (I feel Stafford is a starter)

:wacko:

Heath Miller

2005-06, 39 catches, 459 yards, 6 TD

2006-07, 34 catches, 393 yards, 5 TD

2007-08, 47 catches, 566 yards, 7 TD

2008-09, 48 catches, 514 yards, 3 TD

2009-10, 76 catches, 789 yards, 6 TD

Also, they were far from a rushing team last year, in fact, they ran the ball less than most of the league. The offensive line is certainly not under-rated, they are below average, but, hopefully will improve. Mike Wallace has only had one year to prove himself, but, he looked pretty damn good.

Edited by Menudo

Heath Miller

Also, they were far from a rushing team last year, in fact, they ran the ball less than most of the league. The offensive line is certainly not under-rated, they are below average, but, hopefully will improve. Mike Wallace has only had one year to prove himself, but, he looked pretty damn good.

+1

Good to see Menudo jump in there as I was going to have to field that one if nobody else pointed it out. Heath has a ton of skill, they just don't feed him the ball constantly. I think he'd be a beast if he was on a team that really focused on the TE spot. Pitt still has their "rep" as a rushing team but Big Bender has been putting up a lot of stats because of how well they throw and the O line hasn't been able to really get the ground game going the last few years.

Heath Miller

Menudo, I know you are probably biased, but do you think Big Ben can produce top 10 FF #'s AFTER he serves his suspension? Any glaring reason not to?

Menudo, I know you are probably biased, but do you think Big Ben can produce top 10 FF #'s AFTER he serves his suspension? Any glaring reason not to?

Well, rust could be a factor, as he can't be with the team during his suspension. Also, the Steelers will try to run the ball more this year. I do think that Mike Wallace is a star in the making. However, I think the Steelers take a big drop at #3 receiver with Santonio's departure. It goes from Wallace to Randle-El (at least to start the season), which I think is a big drop. The offensive line, which was already below average lost there best lineman, but, gained a rookie Center who has been impressive in the pre-season. The O-Line is still an issue though. Those are some glaring reasons why he might not produce in the Top 10 after he arrives.

All that said, if he's hanging around the draft too long, I still think he is worth the gamble. He may be a d-bag off the field, but, he has steadily improved every season, and the Steelers running game isn't what it used to be.

Edited by Menudo

I REALLY LIKE THE CHANCE for him to have Solid Value this year .... COmpleted Draft this Weekend PPR ( Start 1 QB - 2 RB - 3 WR - 1 TE - 1 K - DEF ) ..... Had #2 Pick OVERALL ..... Got K. Kolb in the 7th Round AND backed him up with BIG BEN in the 11th Round ...... Gonna play matchups whenever BIG BEN gets back .... loooking a KOLB to see if he develops quick rapport as a starter. BIG BEN is definitely good insurance for this set-up.

QB - KOLB , BIG BEN

RB - A.P. , Best , A. Foster , Portis , Huggins ( Flyer ) , Lynch ( Longshot )

WR - Marshall , Jennings , Bowe, L. RObinson, M. Thomas

TE - Z. Miller

(K) - Bironas

DEF - BALTIMORE

** BASED ON PROJECTION #s **

Big Ben would have ranked 8th if you forecast his numbers over an Entire Season !!

Edited by LSUBigCajun

I REALLY LIKE THE CHANCE for him to have Solid Value this year .... COmpleted Draft this Weekend PPR ( Start 1 QB - 2 RB - 3 WR - 1 TE - 1 K - DEF ) ..... Had #2 Pick OVERALL ..... Got K. Kolb in the 7th Round AND backed him up with BIG BEN in the 11th Round ...... Gonna play matchups whenever BIG BEN gets back .... loooking a KOLB to see if he develops quick rapport as a starter. BIG BEN is definitely good insurance for this set-up.

QB - KOLB , BIG BEN

RB - A.P. , Best , A. Foster , Portis , Huggins ( Flyer ) , Lynch ( Longshot )

WR - Marshall , Jennings , Bowe, L. RObinson, M. Thomas

TE - Z. Miller

(K) - Bironas

DEF - BALTIMORE

** BASED ON PROJECTION #s **

Big Ben would have ranked 8th if you forecast his numbers over an Entire Season !!

I'm in a similar boat. I just traded for Big Ben (I gave up too much) but I don't trust Kolb and there were no QBs worth having on the WW. I know Big Ben can sling it around, he has proven that time and time again. I hope I didn't do a mistake, but luckily Kolb has a late bye so this allowed me to stash Big Ben and wait.

Everyone throws around the SOD term (Steal of Draft) in fantasy and I'd probably have to lay it on Ben Roethlisberger.

In about 24 hours we're going to hear that Goodell gave him a hug and reduced the suspension to 4 games, Then....

1. He's away from the team and the facility -- working out "by himself" for a month. The Steelers will sneak him film and give him private workouts, including on-the-down-low asst. coaches and a couple scout-teamers in some hidden location with White House-type security.

2. He returns in Week 5 - after missing 4 games - but it's a bye week, which is even better because now he has a full week to run the first-team reps and get cozy again.

3. So he actually starts Week 6 at home vs. Cleveland and has 12 games left to play, in which he'll be his usual Top-6 type of fantasy QB in FF points per start.

4. All for a 7th round pick at the earliest. Maybe the 9th or 10th if your friends are snoozing, or just too afraid of him.

JUM

I am glad that Menudo beat me to addressing the Heath Miller comments up there. That is 100% nuts up there with the "steadily declining" comment.

As for Ben. You people that are getting him in the 7th or later are indeed getting a hugh bargin. No reason at all to think that he won't do very well when he comes back just based on what JUMbotron pointed out. I will add that every single report that I trust around the Pittsburgh area has been in very focused and great shape looking the best that he has ever. I have snagged him in two drafts recently and was very happy to get him in both.

The most recent I spent the 105th overall pick on him and considered waiting for my next pick but was sure that someone would have grabbed him.

I traded my 1.12 dynasty rookie draft pick for Big Bender. Definitely considered him in all my drafts but it never panned out. I just think that this is the wake-up call he needed to change the direction of his life, and I expect him to return to the field more focused and determined than ever.