[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vincent Jackson

The Wolf

How does this thing play out? SD homers, are you hearing anything? I got him late in my local auction on the cheap ($15 in a $300 cap) and would LOVE to have him as my WR3. The more I look at the situation, the more confused i become.

How do you all think this will be resolved?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, I don't know. It is unfathomable to me that an owner throws away a player and gets nothing for him, or a player holds out one of the prime years of his short career. I still think this will get resolved but I may have underestimated the stupidity of both parties involved.

According to Rotoworld V-Jax will lower his contract demands in order to facilitate a trade.

Blurb

The San Diego Union-Tribune's Kevin Acee opines that Vincent Jackson "almost certainly" will not play for the Chargers again.

Sept. 4 is the key date for Jackson's 2010 season. If he's not signed by Saturday afternoon, his Roster Exempt status will increase his suspension from three games to six. Acee expects Jackson's camp to lower their asking price in money as well as years to facilitate a trade by the weekend. There's also been speculation that V-Jax would play out the 2010 season on a one-year deal as long as he's compensated as a Top-10 NFL receiver.

I would put the chances of a trade before the end of the weekend at around 50/50. Once the season starts I don't see the Chargers moving him until he reports.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

I don't understand why SD is not wearing out the Redskins' phones. Daniel Snyder loves to splash the pot with flashy Free Agent signings and seems more than willing to overspend on marginal players. They clearly have a need at WR. Make it happen already.

I don't understand why SD is not wearing out the Redskins' phones. Daniel Snyder loves to splash the pot with flashy Free Agent signings and seems more than willing to overspend on marginal players. They clearly have a need at WR. Make it happen already.

This

I can't think of a better fit than Wash. Maybe Min with their recent WR issues. As a V-Jax owner in a deep keeper league, please find a way to get a deal done!

Edited by Capt. Stanky

This

I can't think of a better fit than Wash. Maybe Min with their recent WR issues. As a V-Jax owner in a deep keeper league, please find a way to get a deal done!

I'd like the Vikes as well, but their need is more immediate with Rice shelved for 8 weeks. Can they wait until VJax's suspension is over with before seeing some sort of return for him?

This

My understanding is that Minny contacted Jackson's agent, heard the price tag, then put down the phone and quickly backed away. If the demands have changed, maybe they'll return to the table but I wouldn't think it likely.

2V

VJ will get tagged with another 3 games by the Chargers come tomorrow. I get the feeling that this is a case of bad advice. Who is the agent here? I'm backing away alittle on my thoughts of AJ Smith being a complete douchebag. He's still a power hungry douchebag, but maybe not so much.

Neil Schwartz is his agent. I cannot find it now but I could swear that I read his agents would pay him during his holdout and plan to recover this $$$ when he lands with a new contract. Is that even ethical?

Why wouldn't it be ethical? It's all business. His agent is taking a risk to make more money, this happens everyday.

Neil Schwartz is his agent. I cannot find it now but I could swear that I read his agents would pay him during his holdout and plan to recover this $$$ when he lands with a new contract. Is that even ethical?

I read the same thing somewhere. I don't see it as being unethical.

I found the NFLPA Code of Conduct guide. Will review later on. It strikes me as fishy that the agent can do this. I know they are taking the risk and that it is business but this just smells bad to me.

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResource...ct_Advisors.pdf

His agent has demanded that the San Diego newspaper retract the assertion that they would cover Jackson's expenses during his hold out.