[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vincent Jackson

The Wolf

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would guess he's playing in Wash or Min by week 8.

I would also guess that SD will lower their price to get this mess over with...they can't have

it lingering into the season when he's eligible to play.

I could care less, he's a decent WR but more a product of the team than anything else in my opinion.

Floyd and Nannernannernanner will be just fine with Gates, Matthews and Sproles.

(Rotoworld) Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune has "heard speculation...from an NFL person" that the Rams will call the Chargers about the availability of unsigned restricted free agent Vincent Jackson.

Analysis: With Donnie Avery on I.R. and Keenan Burton (knee) shut down, now is the time if the Rams are going to make a move. Acee does make it clear that this is not a report and only "speculation," but confirms that "more than Seattle has called" about Jackson. In a wide-open NFC West, the Rams could take a big jump with an improved passing attack. It doesn't hurt that V-Jax would also help Steven Jackson as one of the NFL's top run-blocking wideouts.

Floyd and Nannernannernanner will be just fine with Gates, Matthews and Sproles.

+1

If they had any concerns, they would have brought in another WR by now. And no, Josh Reed doesn't count. If anything, it will force the opposing D-Coordinator to study more game film than normal.

I think SD should trade him to the Rams already...they want to get rid of him and the Rams need a reciever...they should try to get some type compensation for him since he'll be a free agent next year if he plays 6 games...This guy wants A. Johnson, R. White, L. Fitzgerald type money and he's not even on that level...

Jackson apparently wants a similar deal to BMarshall's deal with the Phins. That's just not going to happen. Marshall has 3 100 catch seasons on his resume out of just 4 seasons. V-Jax has 198 total catches in 5 years. The dude just needs to play football and let the rest take care of itself. He's got the talent to put up big numbers. Sitting out this year just loses him money in the long run.

Do I sound like a V-Jax owner? :wacko::tup::lol::tup:

Edited by Capt. Stanky

Doing the math ... 3 game NFL suspension + 3 games roster exemption doesn't seem to add up to a $50 million contract with $30 million guaranteed. Jackson is waaaaaay overplaying his hand ... and burning his bridges.

If he's traded tomorrow...is he still out 6 games? I thought tomorrow was the deadline. I know he's out 3 regardless.

If he's traded tomorrow...is he still out 6 games? I thought tomorrow was the deadline. I know he's out 3 regardless.

I'm skeptical that a trade gets done between now and then ... so unless SD extends the deadline it will be 6 games. It looks to me like both sides are being stubborn and refusing to budge.

The blurb I posted from Rotoworld on the first page indicates the deadline is Sept 4th.

The San Diego Union-Tribune's Kevin Acee opines that Vincent Jackson "almost certainly" will not play for the Chargers again.

Sept. 4 is the key date for Jackson's 2010 season. If he's not signed by Saturday afternoon, his Roster Exempt status will increase his suspension from three games to six. Acee expects Jackson's camp to lower their asking price in money as well as years to facilitate a trade by the weekend. There's also been speculation that V-Jax would play out the 2010 season on a one-year deal as long as he's compensated as a Top-10 NFL receiver.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

Jackson apparently wants a similar deal to BMarshall's deal with the Phins. That's just not going to happen. Marshall has 3 100 catch seasons on his resume out of just 4 seasons. V-Jax has 198 total catches in 5 years. The dude just needs to play football and let the rest take care of itself. He's got the talent to put up big numbers. Sitting out this year just loses him money in the long run.

This is why I've changed my status of AJ Smith being a total duechebag to just a duechebag. I really think he is getting extremely bad advice from his agent(s).

I'm skeptical that a trade gets done between now and then ... so unless SD extends the deadline it will be 6 games. It looks to me like both sides are being stubborn and refusing to budge.

I don't see this happening. If he is suspended for 6 games his already low trade value goes lower and on the other side, they lose alot of bargaining power if he is out 6 games. I think something will happen and I think it will be a trade and the Rams getting him for cheap via a trade but have to pay more $$ than they wanted. JMHO.

It looks like AJ is warming up to the idea of moving Jackson before Sat afternoon

Rotoworld

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports that the Chargers are now more open to the idea of trading Vincent Jackson, and are targeting the deadline of Saturday afternoon to complete a deal.

The Chargers have permitted only Seattle to speak to V-Jax to this point, but are reportedly considering opening the door to other interested teams. The Jackson camp is now saying its target contract is less than the initially reported $50 million over five years, with $30 million guaranteed. A trade would be a best case scenario for both sides. Chargers GM A.J. Smith could get a premium pick and a headache off the roster. V-Jax could play football.

I don't think the Chargers are going to get a premium pick for him. He comes with baggage and looking for $$

I don't know that the Chargers necesarily have to have a premium pick in order to trade him at this point. I think they are ready to just wash their hands of the whole situation and focus on getting McNeal's deal done. Den got a 2nd and a conditional for BMarshall. I think the Chargers could easily get a 3rd and conditional for Jackson. We will just have to wait and see.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

SD just acquired Patrick Crayton in a trade ... looks like they are preparing to dig in and stand firm with VJ

There's no doubt that V-Jax will not play another down for SD, but there's still a good chance a trade is worked out prior to tomorrow afternoon. It's really up to V-Jax at this point. Does he really want to play this year or not. If so, he will drop his asking price in order to get something done.

I'd like the Vikes as well, but their need is more immediate with Rice shelved for 8 weeks. Can they wait until VJax's suspension is over with before seeing some sort of return for him?

I personally think it would be stupid for the Vike's unless they get him on a 1 year deal. Why would you give anything major up for a big time receiver if you will lose Favre after this year. Plus they got good young talent there anyways.

I don't see this happening. If he is suspended for 6 games his already low trade value goes lower and on the other side, they lose alot of bargaining power if he is out 6 games. I think something will happen and I think it will be a trade and the Rams getting him for cheap via a trade but have to pay more $$ than they wanted. JMHO.

He'd only be suspended 3 if traded...this was an NFL suspension. The other three games were a team-imposed suspension. No more Chargers means no more team suspension.