[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bucs release free agent flop Derrick Ward

fpuma

I grabbed Huggins in both of my drafts this weekend in the 17th round. Thanks to the advise from the Huddle.

Ward

Bucs released RB Derrick Ward.

It may seem hard to believe that the Bucs would cut ties with Ward one year after signing him to a four-year, $17 million contract, but anybody watching him run in preseason action could see the writing on the wall. Ward has lost more than few steps, and the difference in burst between him and Kareem Huggins was stark. Huggins will move into the change-of-pace role while Cadillac Williams solidifies his standing as the lead back. Aug. 31 - 1:28 pm et

Edited by fpuma

I got Cadillac in round eight in my draft. I was trying to decide between him and JStew as my rb2 for week one. I gues this make that choice a little easier.

It shouldn't...the Bucs are only going to give a guy like Caddy 13-16 carries. The fact that Ward is no longer a Buc makes no difference to this thinking.

It shouldn't...the Bucs are only going to give a guy like Caddy 13-16 carries. The fact that Ward is no longer a Buc makes no difference to this thinking.

With Freeman, I'd think they need to increase the ground attack. Huggins could get some decent reps, even if Caddy remains the starter, imho.

I got Cadillac in round eight in my draft. I was trying to decide between him and JStew as my rb2 for week one. I gues this make that choice a little easier.

Wait what? Stew was available in the 8th round? And you took Caddy????? Excuse me....I gotta go throw up now.

With Freeman, I'd think they need to increase the ground attack. Huggins could get some decent reps, even if Caddy remains the starter, imho.

Oh, I agree. I was just pointing out that the release of Ward has no meaningful effect on how many carries Caddy was going to get.

the decision on whether to start Caddy or J. Stew is no different than it was yesterday.

In my 10 team non ppr, I just got the caddy off the ww. My RB are now..

Ray Rice, Grant, P Thomas, J Charles, J Best and Caddy.

Guess I'm a RB whore...

The first step is always admitting you have a problem.

I took him here (16 team league) because I thought Taz was about to pounce on him.

10.07 151. Purple People Beaters...Randall Huggins, Kareem TBB RB Sun Aug 29 2:11:01 p.m. ET 2010

10.16 160. Roast Duck with Mango Salsa (tazinib1) Taylor, Fred NEP RB Sun Aug 29 11:05:38 p.m. ET 2010

11.01 161. Roast Duck with Mango Salsa (tazinib1) Heap, Todd BAL TE Sun Aug 29 11:06:28 p.m. ET 2010

Edited by Randall

The first step is always admitting you have a problem.

I took him here (16 team league) because I thought Taz was about to pounce on him.

10.07 151. Purple People Beaters...Randall Huggins, Kareem TBB RB Sun Aug 29 2:11:01 p.m. ET 2010

10.16 160. Roast Duck with Mango Salsa (tazinib1) Taylor, Fred NEP RB Sun Aug 29 11:05:38 p.m. ET 2010

11.01 161. Roast Duck with Mango Salsa (tazinib1) Heap, Todd BAL TE Sun Aug 29 11:06:28 p.m. ET 2010

And you are correct.