[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Leinart is On The Block

Footballjoe

You did see how Moss behaved in OAK after forcing his way out of MIN, didn't you?

While Moss is certainly guilty of conditional effort on the field and some bonehead moves off it, he is also mentioned amongst the greatest players to EVER play his position.

Matt Leinart has prima donna qualities about him but is not even mentioned amongst the greatest players to ever put Paris Hilton in positions...

While Moss is certainly guilty of conditional effort on the field and some bonehead moves off it, he is also mentioned amongst the greatest players to EVER play his position.

That isn't relevant to the point of disagreement. It was proposed that NE doesn't sign whiny azz biyatches, which would preclude them signing Leinart as a backup.

Some oddities that just don't compute in this whole "Trade Leinart" situation:

Didn't Leinart just go 9/10 with a TD in the last game that was supposed to be an open competition between he and Anderson? I'm not saying that this makes Leinart suddenly an uber-stud QB, but it seems like that's a pretty good game manager for a team that wants to be a smash-mouth running team per the HC.

Is AZ really willing to start the season with only 2 rooks behind Anderson?

Is AZ really willing to annoint Anderson as their starter? The same Anderson who couldn't hold off Brady Quinn half his time in CLE? The same Anderson that CLE jettisoned in favor of "I-never-met-an-INT-I-couldn't-throw" Delhomme, who CAR jettisoned in favor of Matt Moore?

I guess I'm having some difficulty getting my head around this whole thing. AZ knows exactly what it will get from Anderson starting. They don't know what they'll get with Leinart starting for an appreciable time, since they've never given him a chance to be their premier guy in the regular season. He may suck, but I can't see where he'd be worse than Anderson, and Skelton isn't ready by a damned sight.

I agree with this. Neither QB is exactly impressing ... but both would be better than other available options.

That isn't relevant to the point of disagreement. It was proposed that NE doesn't sign whiny azz biyatches, which would preclude them signing Leinart as a backup.

I was just saying Moss' undeniable talent may get a team (who would otherwise prefer not to deal with headaches/baggage) to roll the dice.

Not the case with Leinart...