[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers place CB Al Harris / S Atari Bigby on PUP

JUMbotron

http://www.thehuddle.com/fantasy_football_news.php

The Green Bay Packers placed CB Al Harris (knee) and S Atari Bigby (ankle) on the reserve/PUP list Tuesday, according to the Press-Gazette.

Huddle Up: They will miss at least the first six games. Depth becomes a huge issue for Green Bay and they will likely grab a veteran DB off the waiver wire. It can't be good for business, not when you're carrying a lot of Super Bowl hype. Now the Packers need CB Tramon Williams and rookie S Morgan Burnett to step up. Huddle Alert: The first six QBs to face Green Bay are: Kevin Kolb, Trent Edwards, Jay Cutler, Matthew Stafford, Donovan McNabb, and Chad Henne.

http://www.thehuddle.com/fantasy_football_news.php

The Green Bay Packers placed CB Al Harris (knee) and S Atari Bigby (ankle) on the reserve/PUP list Tuesday, according to the Press-Gazette.

Huddle Up: They will miss at least the first six games. Depth becomes a huge issue for Green Bay and they will likely grab a veteran DB off the waiver wire. It can't be good for business, not when you're carrying a lot of Super Bowl hype. Now the Packers need CB Tramon Williams and rookie S Morgan Burnett to step up. Huddle Alert: The first six QBs to face Green Bay are: Kevin Kolb, Trent Edwards, Jay Cutler, Matthew Stafford, Donovan McNabb, and Chad Henne.

wow, the Packers should start looking for a permanent replacement for Al Harris at this point as all he seems to do is get hurt anymore...

it's ashame because he's one of the few physical corners that can get it done anymore...

It can't be good for business, not when you're carrying a lot of Super Bowl hype.

But it can be good for owners of Rodgers, Jennings, Finley and Driver....certainly sounds like a possibility that the Packers will be giving up a lot of points, and thus nwill eed to score a ton themselves to keep up in shootouts.

wow, the Packers should start looking for a permanent replacement for Al Harris at this point as all he seems to do is get hurt anymore...

it's ashame because he's one of the few physical corners that can get it done anymore...

Sorry but Al Harris hasn't got it done in a long time. Did you see Plex rape him in nfc Championship game? He is a liability. As far as bigby he covers about as well as Harris has the last few years......The packers best bet would be to cut ties with both of these guys and get some new talent.

Edited by CrimsonGhost

Sorry but Al Harris hasn't got it done in a long time. Did you see Plex rape him in nfc Championship game? He is a liability. As far as bigby he covers about as well as Harris has the last few years......The packers best bet would be to cut ties with both of these guys and get some new talent.

yeah, because he's usually playing with some sort of ailment that should have him sidelined or he's not even playing at all....

so I'll correct what I said...the Packers should already have his replacement in line because he hasn't produced in 3 or 4 years...

I really like Morgan Burnett and he should be a fine replacement, but yeah, fantasy owners of Packers offensive players should be rejoicing since they'll be in a lot of shootouts. People who picked the Packs D in round 10, not so much.

yeah, because he's usually playing with some sort of ailment that should have him sidelined or he's not even playing at all....

so I'll correct what I said...the Packers should already have his replacement in line because he hasn't produced in 3 or 4 years...

They have tried . . but some of their picks in rounds 1-3 havent panned out at CB . . .

And Bigby is a POSITIVE having him out of the lineup. The guy would get 3 penalties a game in coverage.

They already have his replacement in Williams. Lee and Underwood have exceeded expectations as well.

I don't expect Al Harris to play again, so this news doesn't come to a shock to me. I do think that cornerback position is the biggest weakness on the team, but it's not as if Harris last year was shutting anything down.

As far as Bigby, Bigby is over hyped, over rated. In 2007 he looked like a wrecking machine, but the last two years he's constantly injured or making mental errors. Morgan Burnett on the other hand has looked like a starter all pre-season. And I do think a healthy Burnett would have beaten out a healthy Bigby at this point. Not surprising, nor is it massive news.

I really like Morgan Burnett and he should be a fine replacement, but yeah, fantasy owners of Packers offensive players should be rejoicing since they'll be in a lot of shootouts. People who picked the Packs D in round 10, not so much.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh don't have lights out corners... Remember that Green Bay does have the defensive player of the year, and the most under-rated saftey in the league in Nick Collins. The secondary is fine with the pressure the front seven will be putting on opposing teams.

I think it's definitely news. The secondary is about depth and I believe Green Bay's nickel is now Sam Shields (?). One more injury back there (god forbid to Woodson) and it's a turkey shoot. They would be shelled. Bigby and Harris are leaders too. Hopefully they're both back in week 7, but what if one of them is not 100% yet... do they hold him out three more games and take in the week 10 bye to be sure?

I think it's definitely news. The secondary is about depth and I believe Green Bay's nickel is now Sam Shields (?). One more injury back there (god forbid to Woodson) and it's a turkey shoot. They would be shelled. Bigby and Harris are leaders too. Hopefully they're both back in week 7, but what if one of them is not 100% yet... do they hold him out three more games and take in the week 10 bye to be sure?

Sam Shields is the nickel back vecause he has EARNED it with very solid play . . beating out other guys that were drafted. That does not indicate that he is a bad player.

There will be growing pains this year, no doubt, and I expect some shootouts. If the front seven can get good pressure, I'm not as concerned. Jenkins, Raji, and Grease are solid and the new guy Neal looks like the real deal, so it doesn't seem like TT was "reaching" in the second round. Interested to see if they keep Zombo at OLB after he made some nice plays in preseason.

And there's always a chance that they team grabs someone off waivers or maybe even moves a guy like Spitz.