[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PPR Scoring Question

golfishgrace

Whats the standard scoring for receptions in a PPR league?

We decided to switch to PPR this year and most of us assumed a reception earned one point, but after the draft the commissioner announced that he set it up with 1/2 point.

Now some people arie upset saying they would have drafted differently...

So "Standard" scoring, is one point per reception??

Yes, but there are a variety of variations. Some leagues award the RBs only .5 points, based on the fact they rack up points on the ground and via TDs, so you don't want the position overvalued. Conversely, some leagues award TEs 1.5 PPR, for the same balancing reasons.

However, as BJ stated, standard PPR scoring is usually 1.0 PPR for all positions.

Whats the standard scoring for receptions in a PPR league?

We decided to switch to PPR this year and most of us assumed a reception earned one point, but after the draft the commissioner announced that he set it up with 1/2 point.

Now some people arie upset saying they would have drafted differently...

I would raise a big stink about this. A PPR league is just that......a Point Per Reception league. Unless otherwise stated before the draft, the scoring should be changed to reflect 1 point per reception period. The commish had a hugh advantage being the only one who knew it was going to be a half a point.

Don't just accept this unless it is just a fun league you don't really care about.....

I would raise a big stink about this. A PPR league is just that......a Point Per Reception league. Unless otherwise stated before the draft, the scoring should be changed to reflect 1 point per reception period. The commish had a hugh advantage being the only one who knew it was going to be a half a point.

Don't just accept this unless it is just a fun league you don't really care about.....

HPPR?

I think that 1 point per reception is the most common scoring in so called "PPR" scoring systems. But I don't think that you can call it a "standard." I've seen .5 points awarded per reception. I've seen TEs awarded 1.5 points per reception. I've seen RBs awarded points that are different than those received by WRs.

Shame on all of the owners in your league for merely assuming what the scoring rules were. That being said, if all of the owners assumed 1 point per, and as commissioner I had the authority to declare the scoring rules, I would change it to 1 point per reception. Or I might put it to a league vote. This is assuming that the scoring rules were not available to the owners prior to the draft.

Edited by Furd

I think that 1 point per reception is the most common scoring in so called "PPR" scoring systems. But I don't think that you can call it a "standard." I've seen .5 points awarded per reception. I've seen TEs awarded 1.5 points per reception. I've seen RBs awarded points that are different than those received by WRs.

Shame on all of the owners in your league for merely assuming what the scoring rules were. That being said, if all of the owners assumed 1 point per, and as commissioner I had the authority to declare the scoring rules, I would change it to 1 point per reception. Or I might put it to a league vote.

I think if the scoring is some variation on one point per reception, the commish has the responsibility of sharing this little "secret" before the draft.

I think if the scoring is some variation on one point per reception, the commish has the responsibility of sharing this little "secret" before the draft.

Well, was it a secret? Or were the scoring rules published somewhere and the owners did not bother to read them?

I think that this factors into the analysis.

While the commish did not appear to be forthcoming or upfront - which raises ethical questions in that regard - I'm still wondering how a league makes such a significant rule change and not one owner asks for any clarification prior to the draft. If you draft without fully understanding the rules, you get what you deserve. If there is even a remote question, you ask it before you start. Caveat Emptor.

Oh, and elect a new commish.

OK, Just to clarify the commissioner DID Announce the scoring change 20 minutes before the draft started. Some people missed the post as they were busy getting ready..

But there is also the fact that he unilatterally made the decision to make it 1/2 a point while most everyone was thinking it would be one.

Its a pretty freindly league, 12 teams, $150 per team, $5 per transaction now in our 10th year. We will probably vote on it.

Personally i like 1/2 point for RB's, one for WR's and 1.5 for TE's, ill suggest that but it probably wont fly... Think the vote should be do you favor 1/2 or 1 point. Then if the vote is 6 to 6 i guess we have to stay with what was announced originally.