[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Jones

Bronco Billy

Yeah, yeah, I know...

But does anyone have a clue as to what CIN's intentions are with him? Now that Shipley looks to be the real deal, Jones is sitting at #5 on their depth chart. If the guy can stay straight - which is no easy task for him, maybe even insurmountable, by all accounts - he could help some other teams with WR issues out. An athletic 6'-6" and 235 lbs WR is not any easy coverage task for a lot of NFL CBs, and Jones finally looked like he was "getting it" in 2008 (anyone who initially drafted him had to expect an extended learning curve for him).

I can't help but think that if he is sent packing in CIN that he could land in a good spot for him and help out some needy squad like STL or SD and be capable of some credible FF numbers.

Or have I been spending too much time dabbling in Jones' favorite sport of substance abuse?

Is this getting ignored because no one gives a GD, no one knows anything about this, or no one wants to be tagged with being a Bengals' fan?

not necessarily, yes, and definitely yes. (As a Rams fan I can speak with some authority here.)

He might be 6'6" and 235, but he didn't seem very fast in the one preseason game I saw him in. But even if that was just misperception, let's face it. There is a reason he hasn't sniffed the top of the depth chart and probably won't. Work ethic? Attitude? Or maybe he isn't quite the mismatch for opposing defenses as he once was (or could have been). I just don't see a future for him at this point, as Cincy or Oakland are about the only places that usually take a chance on guys like Jones.

I don't see him making the Bengals final roster. I think someone will end up taking a chance on him, but after watching him over his career, the guy has no quickness. He might have good straight line speed, but he can't get open quickly. I just don't see him making an impact regardless of where he lands.