[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most Memorable NFL Game?

Scout200

I'll skip the obvious ones (The Drive, Frank Reich's Comeback, Music City Miracle, etc.)

I vividly remember the 1995 AFC Championship when the Jim Harbaugh led Colts won two road playoff games and came within inches of the Super Bowl. I can still remember that look on Harbaugh's face at the end when the hail mary was ruled incomplete and he kept saying "I think he caught it".

And the 1990 NFC Championship was about as tense as it gets. I remember when Roger Craig fumbled thinking the Giants were gonna pull it off. 5 FGs was enough.

The Marino-Bledsoe shootout also comes to mind. Week 1 of 1992 or 1993 (can't remember).

The Colts coming back from 21 down vs. the Bucs several years back with about 4:00 left in the game. That was amazing.

One of the most memorable endings to a game was that weird CLE-BAL ending where Phil Dawson hit the upright, then the back bar and it bounced back onto the field of play. Never seen anything like that before. They had to bring the Ravens back from the locker room.

Bills - Oilers 1993 AFC Playoff game in Buffalo: 41-38 Bils after Oilers lead 35-3 in the 3rd quarter. Best comeback ever. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Comeback_...can_football%29

The first superbowl vs Buffalo

I was there :tup: and I was there :wacko: Although I still consider Don Beebe's play one of the greatest plays in sports.

All games I've attended:

1) 1999 NFC Championship game Rams vs Bucs.

2) 2000 Opening Monday night game Rams vs Broncos when Holt and Hakim were jaw-jacking down the sideline

3) 2000 NFC Wildcard game Rams at NO (which was NO's first ever playoff win)

4) Brett Favre's 200th start Rams at Packers

All games I've attended:

1) 1999 NFC Championship game Rams vs Bucs.

2) 2000 Opening Monday night game Rams vs Broncos when Holt and Hakim were jaw-jacking down the sideline

3) 2000 NFC Wildcard game Rams at NO (which was NO's first ever playoff win)

4) Brett Favre's 200th start Rams at Packers

Hakim dropped the ball!!! :wacko:

That was a very memorable one for me as well.

general:

kc (montana)/den (elway) on a monday night

clev/pitt in playoffs- 01 or 02

ten/stl sb

az/gb in last year's playoffs

9ers:

sf/rams on monday night where JT score 2 long td's

sf/min playoffs that got us over the hump

sf/ den sb

multiple montana comebacks

games i;ve attended:

sf/mia sb

sf/nos in the 80's

Hakim dropped the ball!!! :tup:

That was a very memorable one for me as well.

Obviously...

:tup::wacko:

I recall before the game the Saints brought in some High Priestess voodoo something-or-another... kissin' snakes and whatnot. That crowd was whipped up into a frenzy. That Saints / Rams rivalry was pretty intense for awhile there, especially for not being in the same division. Martz vs Haslett.

Obviously...

:tup::wacko:

I recall before the game the Saints brought in some High Priestess voodoo something-or-another... kissin' snakes and whatnot. That crowd was whipped up into a frenzy. That Saints / Rams rivalry was pretty intense for awhile there, especially for not being in the same division. Martz vs Haslett.

:tup: yeah, I remember the voodoo priestess. Back then I think any Saints fan would have sold a limb just to get a win. Actually before the 2002 the Saints, Rams, 49ers & Falcons were all in the NFC West.

Most of mine are Bears games:

In attendance for my first game on my 8th BDay, I saw Payton rush for 275 yards. As a youngster trying to understand football I was confused watching the Vikings chase #34 all day long.

I was in Dallas in 1985 when they laid the 44-0 wood on the Boys.

The other game from 1985 was the one where McMahon came off the bench and threw back to back TDs in the 3rd quuurater. That was the week the Bears were for real.

A GREAT game I went to in SD in 2004 was Vikings at CHargers. Flutie, Cuulpepper, Boston, Moss and a peaking Tomlinson. I thnik stat wise it was Flutie's best game as a pro as he rushed for 2 and threw for 2 more.

Mine isn't a playoff game, but rather the craziest comeback I've ever seen. It was December 1985... I was 10, and my brother was 9. Our family had spent the weekend with some friends in the Twin Cities. The plan was to drive home on Sunday afternoon, which unfortunately meant that we'd miss the Vikings game (and consequently have to listen to it on the radio, in the car). Fortunately (for my brother and I... my dad wasn't too happy, since he was supposed to be back for work Monday morning), there was a pretty good snow storm that morning/afternoon, so our trip home had to be postponed.

We spent the afternoon watching the Vikings play the Eagles, in Philly... the first three and a half quarters were brutal. "Tip 'em back" Tommy Kramer didn't play due to injury, so backup "Whisky" Wade Wilson started at QB... He played so poorly in the first half that he was benched. But, the third-string QB (I think it was Steve Bono) played even worse in the third quarter, and Wilson was sent back into the game in the 4th, for mop-up duty. With under nine minutes to go, the Eagles led 23-0... Eight minutes (and three Wilson TD passes later), the Vikings took the lead, 28-23. The second of four TD's came on a fumble recovery by Willie Teal... pretty sure it was Jaws that lost the fumble.

Anyway, if it wasn't for the weather that day, I wouldn't have even seen the game, but I'm glad I did... It was one of those memories that my brother and I will share forever. I can remember the two of us, as well as our friend, jumping up and down in his basement as the Vikes pulled off the improbable victory. Remember it like it was last season, and not 25 years ago... Crazy.

Another game that sticks out in my mind was when Anthony Carter practically single-handedly beat the Niners in the divisional playoff game. Of course, the next game is also one I'll never forget... when Darren Nelson dropped a pass that would have sent the Vikes to the Super Bowl.

I could name others, but I try to block those out... NFC championship losses to Atlanta, New Orleans, etc.

As for non-Minnesota games, there are a bunch of playoff games that I remember well. But, for some reason, the Monday night game between Miami and the Jets, from a few years ago, sticks out in my mind. Can't even remember who won... just remember that it was another one of those improbable comeback type of games... Might have been Testeverde that orchestrated the comeback, if I remember right.

Edit: It was Testeverde... Jets trailed 30-7 in the 4th quarter, and won 40-37 in TO. :wacko:

Edited by Gopher

Both Colts games of course!!

#1 - 2007 AFC Championship Game; Colts v. Pats

There we were again - Colts/Pats playoff game. Pats went up 3 scores early - and as a Colts fan I was disappointed, but kind of expected it. I didn't give up on my team, but didn't imagine the comeback. We all know how that one ended. Was a hell of a game.

#2 - October of 2003 - the Colts were playing the TB Bucs on a Monday night game. I remember it was 28-7 (Bucs) going into the 4th quarter. I remember Keyshawn Johnson on the sidelines running his watermellon snappers talking about how "this is supposed to be the NFLs best QB/WR combo?" referring to Manning/Harrison. There were 4 minutes left to play and the Colts were down 35-14. The Colts came back and tied the game in regulation. And if I remember correctly, Mike Vanderjagt missed the potential game winner. Game went into overtime and the Colts won on a Vanderjagt FG anyway. That my friends, was one of the most remarkable comebacks I've ever seen!

:wacko: yeah, I remember the voodoo priestess. Back then I think any Saints fan would have sold a limb just to get a win. Actually before the 2002 the Saints, Rams, 49ers & Falcons were all in the NFC West.

That's right! Then when realignment took shape, they we split up. Nowwww I remember...

I also recall staying at the hotel attached to the dome (Hilton?), and the lobby piano player belting out "who let the dogs out" all... night... long... after that win. Effin Saints. Effin Hakim. Stoopid game. But while in NO, I did enjoy my time. Did all the tourist-y things and had a lot of fun. I can say I had my beignet and a Pat O'Briens hurricane.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Raiders - Dolphins playoff game in 1974.

Stabler leads a game winning drive, capping off a 4th down TD pass to Clarence Davis. Stabler threw the game winning td with a dolphin defender (I think it might have been den herder) pulling him down by the ankles. Davis had three phins' defenders on him.

For me it's gotta be the Bills comeback vs. the Oilers.

I was a huge Bills fan, even had a Thurman Thomas jersey. When that Oilers CB took that INT to the house and made it 35-3 I went outside to do something, clean out my car or walk the dog or something.... a while later my roommate came outside and said, "Uh John you need to come and see this, it's a ball game my friend."

Here's a video summary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBg8RJdcSEs