[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most Memorable NFL Game?

Scout200

I'll go top 5...

Superbowl 14 - Rams v Steelers (I was 9 years old and it was the first year I was really into football- shaped my love of the Rams until they left LA and I still hate the Steelers to this day for really no other good reason than that they ripped my heart out when I was 9)

The Epic In Miami - San Diego v Miami in the 1982 AFC playoffs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epic_in_Miami ... That was incredible, 41-38 Chargers win in an epic offensive battle. Included a famous hook and lateral play by the Dolphins

Bills - Oilers 1993 AFC Playoff game in Buffalo: 41-38 Bils after Oilers lead 35-3 in the 3rd quarter. Best comeback ever. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Comeback_...can_football%29

Jets - Dolphins 2000 Monday Night Miracle Game - Jets win in OT after falling behind 30-7 in 4th quarter

Giants - 49ers 2002 Playoff game - 49ers win after falling behind 38-14. Great comeback with a controversial call at the end.

Well, not the game because the game sucked until the 4th quarter, but, that 4th quarter was one of the best quarters I've ever seen. That would be Super Bowl XXXIV - Cardinals vs Titans.

1987 Denver Broncos versus the Cleveland Browns in "The Drive" also was one of the most memorable games I saw.

And, the Ice bowl arelady mentioned.

Well, not the game because the game sucked until the 4th quarter, but, that 4th quarter was one of the best quarters I've ever seen. That would be Super Bowl XXXIV - Cardinals vs Titans.

And, the Ice bowl arelady mentioned.

Rams

Since there have been so many, I'll only highlight this one, which I was actually at:

Sunday, December 14th, 1986 - Miami Dolphins @ L.A. Rams

How I remember it: The Rams were up by 20 points in the 3rd quarter and my Dad, who had taken me to the game, said "OK, this game is over, let's go". Fast forward to us driving home, listening to the rest of the game on the radio. Dan Marino leads 3 4th quarter drives and throws bombs to "the Marks" to win the game by one point.

How it actually happened: The Fins were actually up 21-7 at halftime and Jim Everett led the Rams back in the second half, only to have Marino ruin the comeback in overtime with a pass to Duper.

Marino threw for 403 yards and 5 TDs. Duper went for 145 and 3. Everett had 251 yards and 2 TDs and Eric Dickerson ran for 124 and a score. Henry Ellard had 121 receiving and a TD.

Those were the days.

I was from Tusla, Oklahoma as a kid so my choices of NFL teams were the St Lious Cardnals, Dallas or Houston Oilers. That being said, we Okies hated everything Texas so the Cards were my team so I still associate the Card to St. Lious.

As do I my friend, as do I.

And my vote goes to the SD/Miami game also.

Edited by The Holy Roller

Dallas vs. SF in Championship game 92 I believe. Harper over the middle down to the SF 6 to salt it away.

Dallas over the Saints last year.

Dallas over the undefeated Cotls a few years back.

Oh and Dallas beating the living daylights out of the Eagles last year THREE times. Third time was the charm............ :wacko:

For me, it was the Steelers - Colts 2005 playoff game.

The Steelers came into Indianapolis as big under-dogs, losing to them big several weeks earlier in Indy. The Steelers came out on fire, ditching their successful running game and turning to the air to build a 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter. The Steelers defense was all over Peyton Manning in the 1st half, and held the Colts to just a field goal. It was 14-3 at the half.

In the 1st drive of the 2nd half, the Steelers made it 21-3 on a Jerome Bettis TD. Manning and the Colts struck back, with a long TD to Dallas Clark to make it 21-10. The Steelers seemed to seal the victory, as Peyton Manning was intercepted by Troy Polamalu. The Colts threw a desperate challenge flag. On a review that shocked those watching and later caused an apology from the league, they over-turned Polamalu's interception, and the game's result was still in question. Manning drove the Colts down the field for another TD & added a 2 pt. conversion, to make the score 21-18.

After stopping the Steelers, the Colts go the ball back. On 4th down, Peyton Manning was sacked at his own 1 yard line, turning the ball over to Steelers for the apparent victory, with only about 2 minutes left on the clock. In came the future hall-of-fame battering ram, Jerome Bettis to put the game away. Bettis rarely fumbled and rarely was stopped short of a one yard gain. Of course, in what seemed like a hollywood script, a Colts linebacker put his helmet squarely on the ball, and it popped loose and backwards. It was picked up by Nick Harper, who began to run the other direction. Oddly enough, Harper had been stabbed by his wife/girlfirend in the knee earlier in the week. Harper broke down field, with only one guy to beat, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Roethlisberger's shoestring tackle saved the touchdown.

The Colts drove into scoring range before the drive fizzled out. In came the NFL's most accurate kicker of all-time, the guy that Peyton Manning had previously called "the drunken kicker"....Mike Vanderjagt. With cameras focusing in on Bettis & Manning, Vanderjagt missed the kick way wide right, and the Steelers won the game and went on to win their 5th Super Bowl.

for me has to be Bears 24 v Cards 23

MNF 2006

that's the famous Denny Green tirade "The Bears are who they thought they were, We let em off the Hook!" game

Grossman has SIX turn-overs 4 Int and 2 fumbles

The Bears scored 3 points on offense but had two fumble recoveries for TD and Devin Hester punt return as the Bears score 21 unanswered points

Edited by rai

Fog Bowl

I remember that one, it was amazing to watch on TV...... :wacko:

Another one was a Bears/Raiders game. Not a fan of either one, but it caught my attention because it was the most violent game I believe I have ever seen. To this day, I don't ever recall that many QBs, etc being carried off the field.