[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vincent Jackson

tazinib1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

V-Jax to the Vikes is gaining steam. The result of the hearing will tell us allot

Rotoworld

According to Lee Hamilton of XX Sports San Diego, FOX Sports' John Czarnecki reported on Hamilton's radio show Wednesday that the Vikings are poised to offer "a high draft pick" for Vincent Jackson.

The proposal is dependent upon an arbitrator ruling Thursday that Jackson will avoid the Roster Exempt list, making him eligible to play in Week 4. Czarnecki is a shaky reporter to being with, and this is coming secondhand, so take it with a grain of salt. Czarnecki did add that St. Louis is expected to "enter the mix" should V-Jax prevail in his case. Jackson makes quite a bit of sense in both locales. He'd have the most fantasy value in Minnesota.

I have been hearing the same things and (while VJ could certainly help here) I am still skeptical. The Vikings have a number of players with their hands out for new deals and if they were to bring in Jackson at a high price and/or multiple years, they are going to ruffle feathers(including the already ruffled Sidney Rice). Couple that with the likelihood of a lockout next year and the Vikes being no closer to getting a new stadium, I am not sure is Zyggy is willing to get out the checkbook this time.

Obviously, if the suspension is only the 3 games there is a chance as the Vikes have a BYE in Week 4 and that would give them a chance to get VJ up to speed a little bit. If the suspension is 6, I think there's no chance they give up a high pick to get him and pay him what he's looking for.

For the record, Hamilton's (ahem) less than solid as a source for NFL reporting. Ask a San Diego resident. John Czarnecki is a little more legit as a FOX columnist, but his street cred has eroded. Sometimes it seems like Czar dreams up stuff and just posts 'em without an editor checking his work.

Sadly, this applies to many of the sports media these days. The guys from ESPTMZN are some of the worst. They have been passing speculation/conjecture/rumors/etc off as breaking news for a while now and its just sickening :wacko:

According to Adam Schefter, "the NFL and NFL Players Association are discussing a settlement that would reduce San Diego Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson's suspension from six to five or four games in the event he is traded."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5579273

Edited by v0dka

So is it games or weeks? Vikings have a week 4 bye, right? If he's able to play week 5 he only misses 3 games. Assuming he goes there.

The suspension is GAMES so he would have to sit out 4 games.... not available until the Cowboys game I think.

Edited by Coach1310

I have been hearing the same things and (while VJ could certainly help here) I am still skeptical. The Vikings have a number of players with their hands out for new deals and if they were to bring in Jackson at a high price and/or multiple years, they are going to ruffle feathers(including the already ruffled Sidney Rice). Couple that with the likelihood of a lockout next year and the Vikes being no closer to getting a new stadium, I am not sure is Zyggy is willing to get out the checkbook this time.

Obviously, if the suspension is only the 3 games there is a chance as the Vikes have a BYE in Week 4 and that would give them a chance to get VJ up to speed a little bit. If the suspension is 6, I think there's no chance they give up a high pick to get him and pay him what he's looking for.

Sadly, this applies to many of the sports media these days. The guys from ESPTMZN are some of the worst. They have been passing speculation/conjecture/rumors/etc off as breaking news for a while now and its just sickening :tup:

I believe that the Vikes are just trying to aquire talent for this year. They would not be re-upping with V-Jax, they would just be leasing him for this year. That would lead me to the question of how they could justify giving up a high pick for someone that will just play there one year :wacko:

Anywhere but Minnesota please. VJax will have to learn a new system, get into football shape, and get timing down with a new QB - that's a pretty tall order in one already-started season. There are only so many practice reps per week. I drafted VJax in a multi-year keeper league not so much for this season but for the next 3-4 and would love to see him anywhere the QB isn't going to change in the next year or two. He's young enough that losing a year wouldn't make much difference in dynasty-type leagues. Please god let it be Atlanta.

Edited by flemingd

Anywhere but Minnesota please. VJax will have to learn a new system, get into football shape, and get timing down with a new QB - that's a pretty tall order in one already-started season. There are only so many practice reps per week. I drafted VJax in a multi-year keeper league not so much for this season but for the next 3-4 and would love to see him anywhere the QB isn't going to change in the next year or two. He's young enough that losing a year wouldn't make much difference in dynasty-type leagues. Please god let it be Atlanta.

Washington would be my team of choice. McNabb should have a few more years left in him. V-Jax would come in and be the #1 option within a few weeks. McNabb spent time with him this offseason in Ari, so they should already have some chemistry.

Washington would be my team of choice. McNabb should have a few more years left in him. V-Jax would come in and be the #1 option within a few weeks. McNabb spent time with him this offseason in Ari, so they should already have some chemistry.

How about V-Jax for Haynesworth? Oh wait, SD plays a 3-4 too :wacko::tup::tup:

I personally am not as high on VJ as everyone else. He's another average WR and the Vikes have tons of them already. If you want a legit #1 guy package draft picks with a player and get a bonafide star...adding loads of average WR's is not the answer...I hope he goes elsewhere personally..

I personally am not as high on VJ as everyone else. He's another average WR and the Vikes have tons of them already. If you want a legit #1 guy package draft picks with a player and get a bonafide star...adding loads of average WR's is not the answer...I hope he goes elsewhere personally..

vjax is MUCH better that berrian.

I think that if the Purple can get him for a #3 pick (the latest I've heard), they should/would do it. a #2 might be tough for a partial year player. The thought of him coming to MN is a good one IMO, as having him on one side, Rice on the other, with Harvin in the slot and Shiancoe finding openings sounds like a great setup for the playoffs to me. I think the Vikes have to be serious about this, and I think they will get it done. It's now or never with Favre, and with next year being unknown, I'll bet they go for it.

That's a pretty good offense to go along with an outstanding defense, if Rice comes back strong, and Jackson is close to what he was last season. I think most of the players know what this season is all about, and there are enough strong locker room guys to keep the feathers as unruffled as possible. I hope it happens.

I think that if the Purple can get him for a #3 pick (the latest I've heard), they should/would do it. a #2 might be tough for a partial year player. The thought of him coming to MN is a good one IMO, as having him on one side, Rice on the other, with Harvin in the slot and Shiancoe finding openings sounds like a great setup for the playoffs to me. I think the Vikes have to be serious about this, and I think they will get it done. It's now or never with Favre, and with next year being unknown, I'll bet they go for it.

That's a pretty good offense to go along with an outstanding defense, if Rice comes back strong, and Jackson is close to what he was last season. I think most of the players know what this season is all about, and there are enough strong locker room guys to keep the feathers as unruffled as possible. I hope it happens.

What I heard is that SD is wanting the same kind of compensation Denver got for Brandon Marshall ... I think that is two 2nd round picks. I just don't see SD backing off on this ...

And I don't think that SD cares that it is for a 'partial season' ... they put the reasons for the partial season 100% in VJax's court. A courting team will either pony up what SD wants ... or VJax will sit.

Edited by Grits and Shins

What I heard is that SD is wanting the same kind of compensation Denver got for Brandon Marshall ... I think that is two 2nd round picks. I just don't see SD backing off on this ...

And I don't think that SD cares that it is for a 'partial season' ... they put the reasons for the partial season 100% in VJax's court. A courting team will either pony up what SD wants ... or VJax will sit.

You also didn't see the NFL reducing his suspension if he's traded, but we know how that worked out :wacko: . It's a matter if AJ wants to get anything for V-Jax or not. If he comes in by week 10 then he will be a UFA next year, depending on the CBA of course.

You also didn't see the NFL reducing his suspension if he's traded, but we know how that worked out :wacko: . It's a matter if AJ wants to get anything for V-Jax or not. If he comes in by week 10 then he will be a UFA next year, depending on the CBA of course.

I think AJ is more predictable then the NFL and the player's association - but clearly the additional three games was REDUCED but not ELIMINATED. It looks to me like AJ is playing hard ball and he's play for keeps ... which means I think he sticks to his guns and VJ will not be traded.

I think AJ is more predictable then the NFL and the player's association - but clearly the additional three games was REDUCED but not ELIMINATED. It looks to me like AJ is playing hard ball and he's play for keeps ... which means I think he sticks to his guns and VJ will not be traded.

As a V-Jax owner in a deep keeper, I sure hope you're wrong again.

I drafted V-Jax in one of my keeper leagues, so in that regard I'm with you. However, I think he's being an unreasonable ass and in that regard I hope AJ DOES stick to his guns.

You certainly have the right to your opinion, but V-Jax has the right to handle his business affairs the way he sees fit. That does not make him an unreasonable ass it makes him someone who is doing what he thinks is right. My question is, is what AJ is doing good for the Chargers. By sticking to his guns is he making the Chargers better or worse. Seems to me the Bolts would be better with V-Jax on the team as opposed to sitting out for 6 weeks coming back disgruntled and then leaving for FA.

You certainly have the right to your opinion, but V-Jax has the right to handle his business affairs the way he sees fit. That does not make him an unreasonable ass it makes him someone who is doing what he thinks is right. My question is, is what AJ is doing good for the Chargers. By sticking to his guns is he making the Chargers better or worse. Seems to me the Bolts would be better with V-Jax on the team as opposed to sitting out for 6 weeks coming back disgruntled and then leaving for FA.

I think the way he is handling his business does make him an unreasonable ass.