[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fragile Freddy

luke davenport

With Fred Jackson still hurt, I picked up Fred Taylor as my RB 3. All reports from camp are good. Anyone think he can a have a decent year left in him? He seems to be a the top of the chart at RB in NE, for whatever that's worth. And they will move the ball. Any chance for 750-1,000 yds and 8-10 TDs or am I delusional?

With Fred Jackson still hurt, I picked up Fred Taylor as my RB 3. All reports from camp are good. Anyone think he can a have a decent year left in him? He seems to be a the top of the chart at RB in NE, for whatever that's worth. And they will move the ball. Any chance for 750-1,000 yds and 8-10 TDs or am I delusional?

I would be giddy with those numbers. YOu are right in that he is the #1 RB on that team. Don't expect anything more than 10-12 touches per game though. If he's stays healthy enough to insert him in the lineup on a weekly basis, I'd be ecstatic.

I would expect that Taylor will post some very nice numbers in a few games, then receive some injury that is only described as "below the neck" and then be a risk to start in any game for the rest of the year. To start the year, I think Taylor is a great value pick.

YOu are right in that he is the #1 RB on that team.

Wrong. There is no way to tell who the no.1 on the pats is. It's a revolving door. I'd be willing to bet that Taylor, Maroney and Morris get starts this year.

With Fred Jackson hurt, how do you all feel about Marshawn Lynch?

I like Lynch a lot. Both seasons he's been given the load to carry he's eclipsed 1,300 yards. He's a knucklehead for sure, but he's 24 years old, has a lot of tread on the tires, and has shown that he can carry a full load. We haven't heard the last of Lynch being an impact player.

Wrong. There is no way to tell who the no.1 on the pats is. It's a revolving door. I'd be willing to bet that Taylor, Maroney and Morris get starts this year.

Taylor has run with the first team all season. Morris is a change of pace (for lack of a better term) and Maroney has been delegated to 3rd on the depth chart. Don't know how it can get much clearer than that.

I think Maroney will again post the RB stats from the Patriots. Who knows what to do with an RB depth chart from Belichick. Taylor is mad old and his best years are well, well behind him. I hope things work out for you but I'd be very skeptical.