[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson

jax20008kid

Not sure if this should be here or in the FF advice section, but I've noticed that Andre Johnson is rising in value to be taken as high as the #2 pick behind CJ in PPR redraft projections/cheatsheets. Is he really worth taking that high over RB's like AP,MJD, and R.Rice?

Edited by jax20008kid

I wouldn't normally. I recently took him 4th a couple of weeks ago, but it was the same day that the MJD knee issues were swirling. I pick 6th tonight in a ppr 10-man and I'm actually leaning towards Gore--not AJ--this time around. We'll have to see what #5 pick does.

This happened in 2009, Fitz climbed all the way to top-5 and I remember someone on Sirius Radio arguing Fitz should be the #1 overall pick. Personally I think those top 4 RBs are the way to go in 2010...as long as the dang rumor mill doesn't get you hours before the draft!

I wouldn't normally. I recently took him 4th a couple of weeks ago, but it was the same day that the MJD knee issues were swirling. I pick 6th tonight in a ppr 10-man and I'm actually leaning towards Gore--not AJ--this time around. We'll have to see what #5 pick does.

This happened in 2009, Fitz climbed all the way to top-5 and I remember someone on Sirius Radio arguing Fitz should be the #1 overall pick. Personally I think those top 4 RBs are the way to go in 2010...as long as the dang rumor mill doesn't get you hours before the draft!

I totally agree with you and I have the #3 pick in an upcoming 12 team PPR redraft. I'll probably go with Rice because, living here in Jax, it seems as if MJD is starting to wear down a bit now that he has been shouldering the whole load. I can't see taking a WR with the 3rd pick, though I've tried some mocks picking AJ at #3. Came out with some decent squads, but not as strong, IMO, as with MJD or Rice at #3.

I guess it would really boil down to what your PPR scoring was (1pt?,2pt? etc) and starting lineup requirements (3WR? Flex?). I could see AJ going as high as #2 in a situation where it was a 12+ team league with high PPR and WR starting requirements.

I took AJ #5 overall in a 18-team league yesterday. CJ, MJD, AD, and Rice went #1-4. I could have taken Gore but I wasn't sold on him. Our league starts 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 TE, 3 WRs, and 1 flex. Rec TDs are 9 points and each reception is worth 1.5 pts (pass TDs are 5 pts and rushing TDs are 7 pts).

I wouldn't be picking again until the 23rd overall so I really wanted a stud and AJ was there so I took him.

I can MAYBE see taking him 4th behind CJ, AP, and RR - but I don't know if I'd take him over Gore either. Early on this preseason it looked as if AP and CJ were locks at the #1/#2 pick, and then there was the rest. I think Ray Rice takes a slight dip this season with the addition of Boldin and now Housh, but I don't think he takes a huge step back. MJD just scares me this year. He was there for me at the #5 spot, and I passed on him for Gore.

Johnson has been going early though in the 4 leagues I've been in. The highest I've seen him taken is #4, and he's gone no later than #6. Anything higher than 4 is too high for me, but I suppose in a PPR league he hasn't given me any reason to doubt that he'll have another HUGH year again this year.

I took AJ #5 overall in a 18-team league yesterday. CJ, MJD, AD, and Rice went #1-4. I could have taken Gore but I wasn't sold on him. Our league starts 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 TE, 3 WRs, and 1 flex. Rec TDs are 9 points and each reception is worth 1.5 pts (pass TDs are 5 pts and rushing TDs are 7 pts).

I wouldn't be picking again until the 23rd overall so I really wanted a stud and AJ was there so I took him.

And this is the perfect example of what I was talking about. You're lucky he lasted to 1.5 although rushing TDs at 7pts does justify the picks in front of you.

The bolded is the reason I don't like AJ that high. I've noticed the RB1s can dry up pretty quickly in some leagues by the later half of the second.

Just curious, what RBs were available at the 23rd, and WRs would have been available? If a potential top 5 WR still would have been there, I'd probably rather try for that and pair one of them with Gore, than pair AJ with late 2nd RBs.

Edited by delusions of granduer

The bolded is the reason I don't like AJ that high. I've noticed the RB1s can dry up pretty quickly in some leagues by the later half of the second.

Just curious, what RBs were available at the 23rd, and WRs would have been available? If a potential top 5 WR still would have been there, I'd probably rather try for that and pair one of them with Gore, than pair AJ with late 2nd RBs.

Well, I'm not a huge fan of the scoring. I'd much rather prefer a more tradition scoring/starting requirements. But this is a league that I've been in with my boys for the last 8 years, so I tough it out.

My next pick, at 2.12, was Pierre Thomas. By then Moss, Wayne, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Fitz, Miles Austin, Roddy White, and DeSean Jackson were selected in addition to AJ. In my mind it was between Thomas and Jamaal Charles and I decided to take the safe pick. I picked up Charles in week 7 last year and he certainly was a help to me making the playoffs and winning the league. So I know what he is capable of. But with Thomas Jones in the mix, I really didn't think I could take the risk with my RB1. After I took Thomas Jamaal Charles went 3 picks later.

In rounds 3 and 4 I took WRs and Addai in the 5th round. Portis, Bush, Spiller, Moreno, and Jerome Harrison were the next 5 RBs taken after Addai. I then picked up Hightower in round 18.

Well, yeah...that's obviously optimal. But what a wacky league!