[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Albert Haynesworth

(RotoWire) According to ESPN.com the Redskins and Titans have revived trade talks regarding Haynesworth. Analysis: Haynesworth continues to be a distraction and Head Coach Mike Shanahan appears to be fed up with the player. The Redskins are asking for at least two draft picks which seems to high for the Titans.

• 3 weeks later...

Albert Haynesworth: My contract doesn't make me a slave

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 25, 2010 9:51 PM ET

Albert Haynesworth says that if the Redskins think they own him because they signed him to a $100 million contract last year, they need to think again.

"I guess in this world, we don't have a lot of people with backbones. Just because somebody pay you money don't mean they'll make you do whatever they want. I mean, that means everything is for sale. I mean, I'm not for sale," Haynesworth said on 106.7 The Fan, via the Washington Post. "Yeah, I signed the contract and got paid a lot of money, but just because, that don't mean I'm for sale or a slave or whatever."

Haynesworth hasn't seen eye to eye with the Redskins' brass since the day Mike Shanahan was hired as head coach, and invoking the word "slave" in discussing his status with the team will do nothing to improve the situation.

And yet Haynesworth says things are fine in the Redskins' locker room, and even indicated that he likes the role he's going to have in the Redskins' defense going forward.

"There is zero, zero distractions or animosity or anything in the locker room," Haynesworth said. "I mean, we're a team, we're family, we're brothers. We're always joking, always acting crazy and all that stuff. I mean, there's nothing from the locker room. Everything is outside. I can say that and put my hand on the Bible and everything. I promise you. There is nothing like that happening in the locker room."