[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

sons of anarchy

Azazello1313

I'm still in the middle of season 2 on DVD, so I'm just going to be recording to watch later. but this is quickly becoming one of my favorite TV shows. if you think you might be interested, get that DVR humming!

I find it very promising that Terriers is being advertised next to SOA all over the place. Wherever you see a SOA promo sign, Terriers is right next to it.

Great show....FX is putting out some quality television.

With 24 and lost now gone, if it wasn't for football, I wouldn't even purchase cable. If the games get to the point they're webcast then between that and netflix, no more cable/satellite bill.

ETA - Meant to say SoA is the only serialized show I HAVE to watch now. :wacko: The older I get the suckier TV in general seems to become.

Edited by westvirginia

• 2 months later...
With 24 and lost now gone, if it wasn't for football, I wouldn't even purchase cable. If the games get to the point they're webcast then between that and netflix, no more cable/satellite bill.

ETA - Meant to say SoA is the only serialized show I HAVE to watch now. :wacko: The older I get the suckier TV in general seems to become.

negatory

TV shows have gotten MUCH better. They just aren't on regular network tv anymore. The cable shows on AMC, F/X, HBO, SHOW are outstanding and the level of quality is very high. This is the golden age of tv my man.

I just downloaded and started watching the first season.

So far it's a great show, but I'm having a problem believing or maybe understanding some of the plot lines.

Assuming eveyone has seen these episodes I shouldn't be giving anything away by discussing them.

For instance; digging up a body from the cemetary and stealing another one from a funeral home and then staging a double murder? I'm guessing this was done for the short term to keep the forensic team in Lodi busy but c'mon, how hard would that be to trace back to SOA?

And wouldn't someone notice some dude spending what must have been the better part of a day digging up, by hand, a grave in the middle of the day? They'd have been less obvious stealing the backhoe from the maintenance shed, which you see frequently in a cemetary, and getting in and out in a few minutes.

And I'm not buying Katey Segal as the tough but sexy matriarch of the clan just yet either. Maybe I just need to de-Bundyize her.

wow, great season finale. I had been thinking season 3 wasn't as good as season 2 (which was simply outstanding in every way), but the finale brought it up close.

Very satisfying finale. Especially the end to the Stahl arc. If they hadn't cleaned up the plotting, I probably wouldn't have bothered with season 4.

Hopefully we can get back to the "Hamlet on motorcycles" thing that was going on the first couple seasons. And get into some more character-based stuff, the plotting went off into some absolutely ridiculous tangents this season. Very sloppy.

Very satisfying finale. Especially the end to the Stahl arc. If they hadn't cleaned up the plotting, I probably wouldn't have bothered with season 4.

Hopefully we can get back to the "Hamlet on motorcycles" thing that was going on the first couple seasons. And get into some more character-based stuff, the plotting went off into some absolutely ridiculous tangents this season. Very sloppy.

agreed

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still in the middle of season 2 on DVD, so I'm just going to be recording to watch later. but this is quickly becoming one of my favorite TV shows. if you think you might be interested, get that DVR humming!

Thanks for the tip. Finished the Wire and needed a new show that I know the wife wouldn't like so I could watch at my own pace. First two episodes are solid. The main dude, the blond guy on the motorcycle, reminds me a lot of myself, except he needs to get laid much more.

• 10 months later...
they have kinda "jumped the shark" for me

Have you been watching, Yuke? They leapt back over the shark and have been doing some great work here in S4 after the tacoastic S3.

ok i will check it out again but last year i could not keep watching.

Oh, I agree - I slogged it out do the end of last year, where they regained a smidgen of goodwill with a really good finale; so far this season has been WAY better, if no less unlikely.

Oh, I agree - I slogged it out do the end of last year, where they regained a smidgen of goodwill with a really good finale; so far this season has been WAY better, if no less unlikely.

+1 Man I can't believe Clay is going off like he is this season. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but this next episode... Well, I'd love to see Jax break Clay's damn neck.