[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

J.Harrison's Real Handcuff

SpinalTapp

If Harrison stumbles, I'd expect some sort of RBBC to evolve ... but let's keep in mind that we are discussing the Browns RBBC / backup RBs here, it's not like we are talking about a rotation of Larry Csonka, Jim Kiick & Mercury Morris or something ... apologies in advance to any Browns fans.

I've been telling you guys. HILLIS is going to be the man in Cle. They love the kid and from what I saw in Denver and this year, the kid is their best back as far as toughness and hands out of the backfield. I have him in two leagues and before all is said and done, he will help win me some games.

I've been telling you guys. HILLIS is going to be the man in Cle. They love the kid and from what I saw in Denver and this year, the kid is their best back as far as toughness and hands out of the backfield. I have him in two leagues and before all is said and done, he will help win me some games.

And I've been telling you guys Harrison is the guy you want. He is on every one of my rosters. Yet, even now as it seems clear that he will take the lead role on his team, people are still looking for answers elsewhere. Hillis is a nice player. Reminds me of Alstott. But was Alstott a huge fantasy player? He was for a couple of years when his team was pretty good, but he was never a full time player-type. And to that end Hillis was never put in that role in college.

That being the case, in my opinion, there is really no clear cut handcuff for Harrison. For all we know Mangini will rotate the backs constantly rendering them all useless. Coach has his head on the chopping block if he doesn't move this team in the right direction and fast, so I'm not sure how "cute" he is going to get with his player usage and schemes. My money is on Harrison, and he is the only one that has the possibility of being a fantasy force. You are probably wasting your time and roster spots with the rest.

I think anyone who thinks they absolutely know how this will shake out before we actually get to see it implemented on the field is fooling themselves.

Harrison has put the ball on the rug enough and the CLE staff clearly does not feel comfortable with him as a bell cow. That smells like RBBC to me. The staff has also pimped Hillis, whih also smells like a RBBC to me. I think, for what it is worth, that we'll see Harrioson start, see Hillis get some work, and then the coaches will go with the most effective runner as the game progresses. I also think that currently Davis is an afterthought who might get a few touches a game but not enough to really put up an appreciable numbers.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I think anyone who thinks they absolutely know how this will shake out before we actually get to see it implemented on the field is fooling themselves.

Harrison has put the ball on the rug enough and the CLE staff clearly does not feel comfortable with him as a bell cow. That smells like RBBC to me. The staff has also pimped Hillis, whih also smells like a RBBC to me. I think, for what it is worth, that we'll see Harrioson start, see Hillis get some work, and then the coaches will go with the most effective runner as the game progresses. I also think that currently Davis is an afterthought who might get a few touches a game but not enough to really put up an appreciable numbers.

+1 Also throw in whatever Cribbs gets via Wildcat. Mangini and, perhaps more importantly, Daboll both being Belichick disciples guessing on this backfield will likely be folly. Probably worth the risk for Harrison, or Hillis/Davis if you need to fill out your roster, but this just looks like a mess. Oh, and Delhomme at QB...what could go wrong here?

Relying on this mess for anything more than a bottom of the barrel RB2 or flex spot needs some iron cojones.

I've always felt a handcuff is only applicable if it's a replacement part in a machine-like rushing attack.

I don't see a handcuff in a Browns backfield, or a Bucs backfield, etc.

But in sheer "What if?" terms, if Jerome Harrison were hurt I'd expect James Davis to be the guy you want. The true halfback. I'm not a Hillis fan, though I admit he ran over some guys in the preseason.

JUM

I've always felt a handcuff is only applicable if it's a replacement part in a machine-like rushing attack.

I don't see a handcuff in a Browns backfield, or a Bucs backfield, etc.

Normally I'd agree but you have to realize that alot of guys around here play in 16 and 32 team leagues. The same rules don't always apply between 12 and 32 teamers.

The same goes with posts that say things like "McCluster is not draftable" and the like.

:wacko:

Hillis is a nice player. Reminds me of Alstott. But was Alstott a huge fantasy player? He was for a couple of years when his team was pretty good, but he was never a full time player-type.

My money is on Harrison, and he is the only one that has the possibility of being a fantasy force. You are probably wasting your time and roster spots with the rest.

see above post

Normally I'd agree but you have to realize that alot of guys around here play in 16 and 32 team leagues. The same rules don't always apply between 12 and 32 teamers.

The same goes with posts that say things like "McCluster is not draftable" and the like.

:tup:

Good point.

(Wait, 32 teams? :wacko: )