[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss contract whining....

kennslp

I'm curoius what you think of Moss' recent statements regarding his contract status. (If you're not aware, he's in the last year of his deal, and is starting to complain about being unwanted because he wants an extension/new deal). We've seen Randy blow up before in Oakland... Do you think this will affect his play this season? I had my final draft last night (8 team), and was able to pick up Moss in the 4th round. The other owners were def wary of Moss' shenanigans. Do you think it'll be a problem this year?

-K

I actually think the report was a bit overblown. He basically said he was disappointed, but that's the business. He's reported to everything up until this point, so I think he'll be fine. If anything, he should be motivated because his next contract should be the last big one he gets. He was a steal in the 4th for you, even in an 8-team league. Good luck.

I'm ecstatic to be a Moss owner. Playing for his next (and probably last) contract with a chip on his shoulder? This season could be hugh for Moss.

exactly, I have him in two leagues and would own him in more if I could...

he's probably in the best football shape of his career right now, physically and mentally due to his focus for getting a new contract..

I'm ecstatic to be a Moss owner. Playing for his next (and probably last) contract with a chip on his shoulder? This season could be hugh for Moss.

+1

I took a big risk taking Moss (over AJ) in the first round of a draft last night (non-PPR) and I'm betting heavy that the chip on his shoulder means he performs better for his next contract. Moss hired a new agent because he wants more marketing appeal. I figure if he is actually looking to remake his image and cash out as much as he can late in his NFL career (on and off the field), him doing an Oakland implosion is about the worst thing that could happen. TBrady seems to have his back so I think he could have a hugh year. Although the line between mad scientist and plain crazy gets thin sometimes so we'll see how it plays out.

I'm curoius what you think of Moss' recent statements regarding his contract status. (If you're not aware, he's in the last year of his deal, and is starting to complain about being unwanted because he wants an extension/new deal). We've seen Randy blow up before in Oakland... Do you think this will affect his play this season? I had my final draft last night (8 team), and was able to pick up Moss in the 4th round. The other owners were def wary of Moss' shenanigans. Do you think it'll be a problem this year?

-K

I could care less what these players say as long as they show up on Sunday. (Hint hint Mr. Jackson)

weve seen randy blow up in oakland.....but this will not affect anything this year.....randy blew up in oakland because he was surrounded by inept talent, quarterbacks, and coaches......he isnt here...and thats also concerns him as much as his next contract....because being surrounded by talent and your next contract go hand in hand(think of his perceived decline when he was in oakland)....and thats why i knew him coming here would work....

i expect randy to show up and play hard....he does that and produces at a good level...i expect the pats to offer him a fair deal 3 year range....it may not be at the per year level hes seeking....but it wont be completely insulting.....it would be similar to the kind of offer the red sox made to johnny damon before he left....a good deal but maybe not as good as he could find somewhere else...there might be another team willing to tack on an extra couple mil a year(who knows...maybe if theres football next year jerry jones goes crazy and lines up randy, dez, and miles)...the people around here really like randy and hes been a real good soldier...at the same time hes still kind of an outsider....a guy we got on the cheap....never really had to pay true superstar money too while he played like one....i dunno...well see

brady is the face of the franchise...an icon...hes somebody that has to be treated a little differently....and if they keep him upright and he can play at a high level for another 6-7 years.....

Moss is gonna explode this year. He won't reach the numbers he did during that orgasmic offensive season the Patriots had a couple seasons ago, but he should battle for the #1 overall WR tag this season.

Every year the NFL is helping WRs with a new rule and it helps Moss. They introduced enforcing illegal contact to a WR now they can't bearhug fast receivers on the line.