[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Advice Thread Week 1

Flip_Side

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a thread about this yesterday and only got one response, which is disapointing. Maybe you might have some thoughts.

I am in a yardage & TD league. The interesting twist is WR bonuses are at 75, 100, and 125 yards, whereas RB bonuses are at 100, 125, and 150. So, it favors WR's a bit more, but Cadillac has the awful Browns running defense this week, however, I believe the Huddle has Johnny Knox as the #2 receiver this week. When looking at other sites they seem to like Crabtree and Bowe more. So here is my problem.

I have to fill 2 slots with 4 players, one slot is WR the other is WR/RB.

What two do you feel will do best out of:

Michael Crabtree - WR

Dwayne Bowe - WR

Johnny Knox - WR

Cadillac Williams - RB

I have an idea just wanted a little input. Thanks.

I made a thread about this yesterday and only got one response, which is disapointing. Maybe you might have some thoughts.

I am in a yardage & TD league. The interesting twist is WR bonuses are at 75, 100, and 125 yards, whereas RB bonuses are at 100, 125, and 150. So, it favors WR's a bit more, but Cadillac has the awful Browns running defense this week, however, I believe the Huddle has Johnny Knox as the #2 receiver this week. When looking at other sites they seem to like Crabtree and Bowe more. So here is my problem.

I have to fill 2 slots with 4 players, one slot is WR the other is WR/RB.

What two do you feel will do best out of:

Michael Crabtree - WR

Dwayne Bowe - WR

Johnny Knox - WR

Cadillac Williams - RB

I have an idea just wanted a little input. Thanks.

Caddy is going against the 28th ranked Rush D from last year but I just don't see him putting up anything but mediocre stats up Sunday.

Crabtree has a hell of a matchup against Seattle also who ranked 30th last year against the pass. I think he's good for a WR bonus and would give him the nod.

Johnny Knox has a good matchup also but I just couldn't trust Cutler yet even though he has faired well against the Lions.

Bowe should see the ball quite a bit on MNF against the Cromartie-less Chargers. San Diego will be putting points on the board so Cassel will have to chuck it to Bowe pretty often.

Go Bowe and Crabtree

Hey who would you start week 1 Dwayne Bowe or Santana Moss...as a WR2 or 3 obviously. it's a standard scoring league

Go with Bowe. I'm a big Moss fan this year but give McNabb and Moss a few games to gel before starting him against a good Dallas team on SNF.

Robert Meachem, Legedu Naanee or Mike Wallace in a PPR. What do you think? Choose two. Crabtree is wr1 and I can start 3.

Meachem for sure. Naanee and Wallace is a toss up really. Rivers will be targetting Gates, Floyd and Matthews will get a heavy dose of the ball. Wallace would be a decent play if it wasn't for Dixon throwing the rock. I'd give the nod to Naanee because the Chiefs secondary will look to shut down Floyd and Gates.

12 team non PPR, Should I start Devery Henderson or Eddie Royal? Also How do you feel about Donald Driver this week?

Tough one. Henderson is always hit or miss. Royal won't be scoring you any touchdowns and since it's non PPR I'd swing for the fences and go with Henderson hoping to hit a homerun tonight in a shootout.

thanks for the fast respone buddy, good thread BTW

Thanks, and sorry I missed your Driver question. I think he'll be the 3rd option this week. Philly has a good D and I think Finley will benefit the most, then Jennings. He'll get decent yardage but I don't see him reaching the endzone

No PPR, performance scoring.

TO at Washington

Harvin at NO

Thoughts?

TO actually plays the Patriots and I think he's a sneaky play but Id go with Harvin. Harvin appears to be healthy and should be a threat in a game where Favre will have to chuck it

Week 1--

Carson Palmer or Matt Ryan?

Arian Foster, Jahvid Best or CJ Spiller?

Zach Miller or Jason Witten?

Palmer at QB. I think the Pats defense is weaker than the Steelers and I see the Falcons featuring Turner in this game. Palmer has options now with the addition of TO and Gresham and should chuck it in a decent scoring game vs the Pats.

I like Foster this week. The Fins D will be better than last year and Best and Spiller will have mediocre weeks.

Miller will be the better TE for the year in my eyes, but Witten should have a decent role on SNF against the Skins. Go with Witten

Edited by Flip_Side

12 man PPR, start Addai or Hightower? Addai is good against Texans, but Hightower is tassssty against the Rams. Thoughts???

Wells is the man now in Arizona. Hightower will get some carries also but I like Addai to atleast cash in for 1 of the many TDs the Colts will be scoring Sunday.