[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Advice Thread Week 1

Flip_Side

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY #1 RB TO START FOR THE WEEK IS DEANGELO WILLIAMS. MY DISPUTE IS FOR MY #2 SPOT. KNOWSHON MORENO OR CARNELL WILLIAMS. I HAVE READ A LOT OF ANALYSIS AND BOTH ARE EXPECTED TO HAVE GOOD WEEKS VS THEIR MATCHUPS.

KNOWSHON MORENO VS JAGUARS

OR

CARNELL WILLIAMS VS BROWNS

WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD GET THE START?

Edited by andrawis

MY #1 RB TO START FOR THE WEEK IS DEANGELO WILLIAMS. MY DISPUTE IS FOR MY #2 SPOT. KNOWSHON MORENO OR CARNELL WILLIAMS. I HAVE READ A LOT OF ANALYSIS AND BOTH ARE EXPECTED TO HAVE GOOD WEEKS VS THEIR MATCHUPS.

KNOWSHON MORENO VS JAGUARS

OR

CARNELL WILLIAMS VS BUCCANEERS

WHO DO YOU THINK SHOULD GET THE START?

Not a big fan of Caddy but I'd give him the start over Moreno who's been hampered by that Hammy.

Here's my lineup (Non-PPR, 16-team league):

Palmer, Carson QB CIN

Jackson, Steven RB STL

Mendenhall, Rashard RB PIT

Bowe, Dwayne WR KC

Ward, Hines WR PIT

Portis, Clinton RB WAS

Gronkowski, Rob TE NE

Longwell, Ryan K MIN

49ers DST

Jones, Julius RB SEA

Scott, Bernard RB CIN

Smith, Kevin RB DET

Washington, Leon RB SEA

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. WR

Daniels, Owen TE HOU

Another team in my league somehow wound up without a third RB and is offering me Chris Chambers (WR) and Hakeem Nicks (WR) for Portis and Scott. I don't feel like this is a good deal, but... he also has DeSean and Terrell Owens. If he's desperate enough to trade either of those guys for Portis, should I do it?

I have Flacco but I am a little leary to start him versus the Jets/Revis. My backup is Garrard who is playing Denver. Any advice? Standard scoring league.

Still gotta go Flacco. Garrard obviously has the better matchup but we will see a lot of MJD action in that one. Flacco will get decent yardage with a TD and thats a given. Don't expect much from either

Do you have statistics on that?

Am I missing some joke here?

Not going to repeat what I said in the other thread, so I'll just say: Advice threads assume that the advice-giver has unique insight on ALL inquiries about players and teams, moreso than would the whole community of willing-advice-givers on a particular topic.

Meaning: Not everyone knows the answer to everything, and if you hide your questions in a thread answered by one person, you are limiting the insight to just one of the many advice-givers on this board, who may or may not have better insight on a topic.

Just post your questions in the forum, so that anyone with insight can see and respond to your topic.

Not going to repeat what I said in the other thread, so I'll just say: Advice threads assume that the advice-giver has unique insight on ALL inquiries about players and teams, moreso than would the whole community of willing-advice-givers on a particular topic.

Meaning: Not everyone knows the answer to everything, and if you hide your questions in a thread answered by one person, you are limiting the insight to just one of the many advice-givers on this board, who may or may not have better insight on a topic.

Just post your questions in the forum, so that anyone with insight can see and respond to your topic.

I'm doing this as a favor for everyone else to be honest. I don't have to take time out of my day to answer questions that probably will get 1 response anyway if they made their own thread.

Plus, they can do both if they want. Post here and make a new topic, but if they want my answer they can come here. I'm not going to fish through all the nonsense threads to see which ones I want to answer. I'll answer anything and everything in here

Edited by Flip_Side

ppr 12 team league, lineup in sig.

Should I start Flaaco(my only QB) against the Jets, or should I try to trade for someone like Stafford,Orton, or Henne who are all backups in my league, and then who should I trade to acquire that QB? Thanks.

He was making fun of the other guy, not you.

Ah I get it. Really clever :wacko:

Don't mean to get too preachy in your thread either man, but I just don't see what the point in limiting peoples' advice by pushing it all into one thread, with just one pewrson to answer all inquiris. Just seems counterproductive for all parties.

Defense Steelers or Bears?

Wr # 2 Welker or T.O.?

I am gonna try Hightower at flex this week

I'd give the start to T.O. Welker Coming back from injury, it might take him a couple weeks to get that speed back, too risky of a start week 1

paydirtdave asked you the exact same question, I was just being a smartass back to him.

As to these type of threads, many of you that have been around for a while know my weekly Free Fantasy Advice that I would post in this Forum. I did it every week for years and had quite a loyal following. I like the format, makes it easy to keep track of, and it's a nice service to offer other huddlers.

Anywho, nice work FlipSide, sorry for the hijack. :wacko:

Non ppr standard league. I have 2 flex positions open, wrs and rbs recieve the same amount of points for everything. I have malcom floyd, percy harvin, joseph addai, and ricky williams. who do you like for the 2 open spots?

Floyd and Addai. Harvin will pick up points but I like Floyd on MNF against the Chiefs and Addai should rack up yardage with a TD.