[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Advice Thread Week 1

Flip_Side

#3 RB

Jerome Harrison against TB, Jamal Charles against SD, Ricky Williams against Buff?

Thanks!

All have good matchups but I like Charles. Brown will take most of the carries for Miami, and Charles has a better chance to see the EZ than Harrison

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

paydirtdave asked you the exact same question, I was just being a smartass back to him.

As to these type of threads, many of you that have been around for a while know my weekly Free Fantasy Advice that I would post in this Forum. I did it every week for years and had quite a loyal following. I like the format, makes it easy to keep track of, and it's a nice service to offer other huddlers.

Anywho, nice work FlipSide, sorry for the hijack. :wacko:

Not a problem, thank you.

Would you suggest I start Steven Jackson over Jamaal Charles? I start 2 out of the 3(Steven Jackson, Matt Forte, Jamaal Charles)

Yes, Jackson should have a big game against the Cards. Nice set of RBs you got there by the way

Edited by Flip_Side

thanks for the quick response, one more :wacko: minnesota defense against NO or new york giants against carolina?

Giants. I have both defenses also and can't start the Vikes against Brees at home on opening night. Matt Moore will make some mistakes and the Giants will cash in

Sorry, I didn't get your answer on my defense.

Bears or Steelers??

Sorry about that. I like the Bears against Stafford. He's improving but is bound to make a few mistakes this weekend. Steelers are nice but they will probably be on the field quite a bit this week

So, do you think Clinton Portis for Hakeem Nicks is a good deal?

This is a WDIS thread not a is this trade fair thread. But I'll answer it anyway...

You look good at RB with Mendenhall and Jackson already, you could use an upside receiver like Nicks. I'd go ahead and pull the trigger on that trade if I were you. But then again I don't like trading before seeing any of my players play atleast a couple weeks

This is a WDIS thread not a is this trade fair thread. But I'll answer it anyway...

You look good at RB with Mendenhall and Jackson already, you could use an upside receiver like Nicks. I'd go ahead and pull the trigger on that trade if I were you. But then again I don't like trading before seeing any of my players play atleast a couple weeks

Sorry about that, and thanks for the advice!

Standard scoring, non-PPR league

QB- Pick 1

Orton (@ JAC)

Ryan (@PIT)

RB- Pick 2

Gore (@ SEA)

Foster (IND)

Best (@ CHI)

WR- Pick 3

B. Marshall (@ BUF)

D. Bowe (SD)

J. Knox (DET)

S. Moss (DAL)

B. Berrian (@ NO)

J. Gaffney (@ JAC)

Ryan

Gore and Foster

Marshall, Bowe and Gaffney

This might sound dumb, but Beanie Wells is questionable. Beanie Wells or Fred Taylor?

I've seen reports of this but everything looks as if he'll play. Check back early Sunday morning on his status. If he plays he's a nice option over Taylor anyday

I have a couple of them.....

Cutler vs Det

Brady vs Cin

Need one in RB2 and one Flex

Caddy vs Cle

McCoy vs GB

Greene vs Bal

Garcon @ Hou

PPR league

Passing Yards - 40 yards per point

Bonus - 2.5 points at 300 yards

Passing Touchdowns 6

Interceptions -3

Sacks -.5

Rushing Yards 20 yards per point; 2.5 points at 100 yards

Bonus - 2.5 points at 100 yards

Rushing Touchdowns 6

Receptions 1

Reception Yards 20 yards per point;

Reception Touchdowns 6

I have a couple of them.....

Cutler vs Det

Brady vs Cin

Need one in RB2 and one Flex

Caddy vs Cle

McCoy vs GB

Greene vs Bal

Garcon @ Hou

PPR league

Passing Yards - 40 yards per point

Bonus - 2.5 points at 300 yards

Passing Touchdowns 6

Interceptions -3

Sacks -.5

Rushing Yards 20 yards per point; 2.5 points at 100 yards

Rushing Touchdowns 6

Receptions 1

Reception Yards 20 yards per point;

Reception Touchdowns 6

Brady. Cutler looks nice on paper but Brady will outscore him and turn the ball over far less

You gotta give the nod to Cadillac at RB. McCoy and Greene both have very tough matchups

You told me you liked Bowe over Santana Moss...what about S. Moss Vs. Wes Welker?

Moss. Both are iffy plays week 1 but I like a healthy Moss over a Welker just getting back into football after a nasty injury for the first week.

Thanks for the advice. I need someone in my flex as well. Still have McCoy, Greene or Garcon or I can trade McCoy for Benson.

Again, it's a PPR league

I'd probably go with Greene then at flex. He should still see the ball quite a bit against the Ravens.