[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints vs Vikings

rajncajn

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the NFC Championship game today for the first time since January.

Watching those second half turnovers...not sure how a team can get into overtime with 5 more turnovers than the opponent.

Should be a good rematch. I'm interested to see if AP ever comes off the field now. How does he handle 3rd down blitzing/receiving?

Interesting read. My wife and I were watching that game at Lugasi's stadium in Vegas, standing room only. I had just watched the Colts come from behind to cover my bet, and was hoping fo the big payoff with the Saints (didn't happen of course, but the colts kept me mostly even). Obviously, many beers were consumed, so I don't recall the details very well. The Vikes certainly could have gotten it done, but I don't see how Favre could play effectively in the SB, and I think that his injuries will affect him this year--he won't be the same as last.

I hope he's able to walk without well into his later years, but the future is probably grim for him in that respect. He's won a SB, he's made his money, he should probably call it good at this point. I guess he figures that, physically, his future is jacked anyway, so why not go out with a bang.

In the interest of full disclosure rajn, that pic was related to an entire article that was basically a "What If?" scenario from last season, purely fictional and speculative if certain things had happened differently in the NFC Championship game last year.

That being said, I think this game will go a long way in the telling of the fortunes of both teams this year. Should be a lot of fun to watch though.

In the interest of full disclosure rajn, that pic was related to an entire article that was basically a "What If?" scenario from last season, purely fictional and speculative if certain things had happened differently in the NFC Championship game last year.

That being said, I think this game will go a long way in the telling of the fortunes of both teams this year. Should be a lot of fun to watch though.

That was why I posted the entire article and not just the photo. Still, I think it would be better as a Vikings fan to just move on & not dwell so heavily on the "what if's." The picture itself is actually kind sad for the lack of a better word.

I do agree about this game though. Both teams are saying it's only one game in 16, but a loss here could have long term affects for either team. A Saints win could only confirm that the Vikings lost their best chance last year & a Vikings win could add fuel to the fire that the Vikings may have in fact been the better team. I think a Vikings win would do a lot more for their teams' morale than it would ours though from just a team perspective.

Edited by rajncajn

That was why I posted the entire article and not just the photo. Still, I think it would be better as a Vikings fan to just move on & not dwell so heavily on the "what if's." The picture itself is actually kind sad for the lack of a better word.

My bad. First time I clicked the link in the original post it didn't work, but the link with the pic only did. I didn't realize you had the entire article linked. :wacko:

And I agree, the fans and local media have to get over it. We're Vikings fans dammit! This kind of failure is commonplace, no sense pining for what could have been (again...............and again..................and again.....................................). It's time to look forward into a new season and stare down the tunnel of hope as the oncoming light of reality slams us back to earth come playoff time.

You are talking about the media moving on, not the fans. Obviously Viking fans have had to move on every year since '61, we are used to it by now. :wacko:

N.O. Passing - weak pass D for Vikes <=> Vikes running - weak run D for N.O.

Going to be interesting and loud

Just got back from there. It's starting to get crowded and rowdy.Quite a few purple #4's walking aroung the quarter.I think i saw about 15 #4's and only 1 Peterson. The stage is actually on Decatur St. facing Jackson Square.

You are talking about the media moving on, not the fans. Obviously Viking fans have had to move on every year since '61, we are used to it by now. :wacko:

N.O. Passing - weak pass D for Vikes <=> Vikes running - weak run D for N.O.

Going to be interesting and loud

Absolutely right on all accounts.

History is on side of the Saints

September, 9, 2010 Sep 99:44AM ETEmail Print Comments6 By Pat YasinskasNEW ORLEANS -- I know fans of the Saints tend to get a little superstitious, so I thought I’d start your day off with a positive statistic as we get ready for tonight’s season opener against the Vikings.

According to Elias Sports Bureau, the defending Super Bowl champion has won its opening game of the next season each of the past 10 years. The last defending champion to lose its opener was Denver in 1999. Those Broncos had just lost John Elway to retirement and they lost their opener to Miami, 38-21.

:wacko:

What's the record for interceptions in a single game again? :wacko:

Most Passes Intercepted, Game, 8, Jim Hardy, September 24, 1950

Hardy was drafted in the first round (eighth overall) of the 1945 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins. He played in the National Football League between 1946 and 1952. He made the Pro Bowl in 1950. Hardy is perhaps most famous for throwing an NFL-record eight interceptions in a single game, in a 45-7 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on September 24, 1950.

He later served as the general manager of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.[1]

Edited by Randall