[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it immoral to draft Carnal Williams (RB, TB)

Jack S

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This by far is the best post I have ever read in these forums.......brilliant.

McGrath: Reg, Reg, that reminds me. I was coachin' in Omaha in 1948 and Eddie Shore sends me this guy who was a terrible masturbator, you know, couldn't control himself. Why, he would get deliberate penalties so he could get over in the penalty box all by himself and damned if he wouldn't... you know...

Finally, someone else who enjoys the whit and social relevance of Slapshot!

BTW- I asked my wife what she thought of Carnal, and my face still hurts... :wacko:

I just logged on to post a question or two and I can't believe this is still floating around the top of the help forum.

I also can't believe some of you are busting my chops for having a guys name misspelled and also wanting to see my wife in her lingerie before heading out on a long business trip. She's not Heidi Klume or nothing, but she's a nice looking woman (at least to me). So lay off!

Anyhow --- my questions. What do you think I should do now. After some trades, my roster is:

QB: Romo (DAL), Vick (PHI) and Hasslebeck (SEA)

RB: Gore (SF), Forte (CHI), Bush (OAK), Taylor (NE) and Jackson (GB)

WR: Johnson (DET), Austin (DAL), Crabtree (SF), Chambers (KC) and Edelman (NE)

TE: Clark (DAL), Olsen (CHI)

K: Crosby (GB)

D/ST: PIT, NYG

Our league is dynasty and TD only scoring with bonus points for distance and out of position scoring. Touchdowns of 1-10 yards are worth 3 points, 10-20 yards are worth 6 points, 20-50 yards are 9 points and 50+ yards are 12 points. There is a three point bonus for scoring TDs out of position, like if a QB runs one in or a RB takes a pass to the house they would get three more points. All D/ST points are based on distance of TDs scored.

Also we start one QB, two RBs, two WRs, one TE, one RB/WR/TE flex, one K and one D/ST

So, I'm thinking about starting Vick over Romo (even though I have a sweet hookup with both Austin and Clark). What do you think I should do?

Edited by Jack S

When I come to this forum, I always check in on any posts that are on the front page that I've posted in before just to see if guys followed my advice or not.

I thought they outlawed TD-only leagues. And, yours is a dynasty league to boot?

Also, I don't see the harm in trimming your universe of FF players for a little 'replacement trim' (if you will). I'd trade anyone on any of my teams for a night of passion with my wife before a business trip.

PS -- Based on your "unusual" scoring rules, I sure hope you started Forte last week.

PPS -- I don't really have any advice for you about your QBs.

PPPS -- There is no such thing as a QB/WR or QB/TE "hookup" in FF.

PPPPS -- If you have a dynasty league (where everyone is kept from year to year), why are you having a draft where you'd have to cross "Carnal Williams" off your list?

Edited by muck

When I come to this forum, I always check in on any posts that are on the front page that I've posted in before just to see if guys followed my advice or not.

I thought they outlawed TD-only leagues. And, yours is a dynasty league to boot?

Also, I don't see the harm in trimming your universe of FF players for a little 'replacement trim' (if you will). I'd trade anyone on any of my teams for a night of passion with my wife before a business trip.

PS -- Based on your "unusual" scoring rules, I sure hope you started Forte last week.

PPS -- I don't really have any advice for you about your QBs.

PPPS -- There is no such thing as a QB/WR or QB/TE "hookup" in FF.

PPPPS -- If you have a dynasty league (where everyone is kept from year to year), why are you having a draft where you'd have to cross "Carnal Williams" off your list?

I hope I did this quote thing right.

Our league has been around for a while and nobody ever really caught on to any of the new league scoring ideas. We don't have much turnover in the league from year to year and no real requests to change anything. And, yea, its a dynasty league where we buy players for a few years and then have to put them back in the pot and we can't keep more than eight guys each year. And then each year we have a draft where guys bid on all the rookies and guys who were put back in the pot.

I did start Forte. :wacko:

I think I'm going to start Vick even though I have that sweet hookup with Romo and Austin and Clark. We'll see how that goes. The guy I'm playing had Jeremy Maclin so I can offset his points by starting Vick.

Why don't you say there's no such thing as a hookup? What do you call it when you have a QB and WR or TE from the same team? To me its a hookup since you're getting double points.

PS -- All you guys are funny! I love the huddle. LOL! :tup: Dick Buttkiss and Devil Thomas. HA! I'll never live this down. Carnal Williams. :tup: Good luck to all of you.

Oh yea, my wife is pretty funny and light hearted but doesn't know anything about football players. She just doesn't like confrontation and did not want to offend her best friends husband (the lady who is kinda fat). She's a sensitive person. Leave my wife alone. You know who you are.

I hope I did this quote thing right.

Our league has been around for a while and nobody ever really caught on to any of the new league scoring ideas. We don't have much turnover in the league from year to year and no real requests to change anything. And, yea, its a dynasty league where we buy players for a few years and then have to put them back in the pot and we can't keep more than eight guys each year. And then each year we have a draft where guys bid on all the rookies and guys who were put back in the pot.

I did start Forte. :wacko:

I think I'm going to start Vick even though I have that sweet hookup with Romo and Austin and Clark. We'll see how that goes. The guy I'm playing had Jeremy Maclin so I can offset his points by starting Vick.

Why don't you say there's no such thing as a hookup? What do you call it when you have a QB and WR or TE from the same team? To me its a hookup since you're getting double points.

PS -- All you guys are funny! I love the huddle. LOL! :tup: Dick Buttkiss and Devil Thomas. HA! I'll never live this down. Carnal Williams. :tup: Good luck to all of you.

Not worth the effort. You think that you have "double" points but that's not really the case. You still only get points from the QB position and points from the WR position. You have a much better scoring opportunity by playing matchups than you do by hoping that your QB and WR will hook up. For instance, last week if you had Brady and Moss you'd be bummed because the scoring strikes went to Welker.

On the other issue, any reason other than statistical analysis for drafting or playing a player is a waste of time.

Edited by Kid Cid

I am guessing the TE you refer to is Dallas Clark and despite his name I can't ever remember seeing him run around with the Cowboys.

Other than that this thread is priceless I should come over to this part of the site more often

Crap. Another goof.

I had just traded Clark for Witten but my brain and my fingers hadn't caught up with reality. :wacko:

Not worth the effort. You think that you have "double" points but that's not really the case. You still only get points from the QB position and points from the WR position. You have a much better scoring opportunity by playing matchups than you do by hoping that your QB and WR will hook up. For instance, last week if you had Brady and Moss you'd be bummed because the scoring strikes went to Welker.

On the other issue, any reason other than statistical analysis for drafting or playing a player is a waste of time.

I don't get it. If I start Romo and he throws a TD to Witten, I get twice the points that I would if I would have started Marcedes Lewis instead. How is that not double points?

Anyhow, it looks like I started the right QB last week!

A trade was made earlier in the week. Here's the roster now (corrected for the Witten/Clark goof up):

QB: Romo (DAL), Vick (PHI) and Hasslebeck (SEA)

RB: Gore (SF), Forte (CHI), Bush (OAK), Taylor (NE) and Jackson (GB)

WR: Johnson (DET), Austin (DAL), Crabtree (SF), Chambers (KC) and Edelman (NE)

TE: Witten (DAL), Lewis (JAX)

K: Crosby (GB)

D/ST: PIT, NYG

Dynasty League:

Scoring: TD only with bonus points for distance and out of position scoring. Touchdowns of 1-10 yards are worth 3 points, 10-20 yards are worth 6 points, 20-50 yards are 9 points and 50+ yards are 12 points. There is a three point bonus for scoring TDs out of position, like if a QB runs one in or a RB takes a pass to the house they would get three more points. All D/ST points are based on distance of TDs scored.

Lineup: one QB, two RBs, two WRs, one TE, one RB/WR/TE flex, one K and one D/ST

Question: I think I'm going to go w/ Romo this week (over Mr. Dog Catcher) but will start Lewis over Witten. It just doesn't seem like JAX can get anything done in the redzone unless Lewis is involved and Dallas has so many options. What do you think about my TE starter?

I don't get it. If I start Romo and he throws a TD to Witten, I get twice the points that I would if I would have started Marcedes Lewis instead. How is that not double points?

Anyhow, it looks like I started the right QB last week!

What if Lewis scores 2 TDS on your bench. The hookup doesn't matter. 3 is more than 2.

Seems like a good thread for my Jamaal Charles prayer

Our Jamaal Charles who art in Kansas City

hallowed be thy name

thy touchdowns will come

thy will be done in the air as on the ground

give us this day our daily fantasy wins

and forgive us our Todd Haley

as we forgive those who game plan against us

and lead us not into fumbles

but deliver us from Thomas Jones. Amen

Well, unless you have some screwy scoring rules, you're not getting double points, you're just getting the ponts for the pass and the catch at the same time.

Seems like a good thread for my Jamaal Charles prayer

Our Jamaal Charles who art in Kansas City

hallowed be thy name

thy touchdowns will come

thy will be done in the air as on the ground

give us this day our daily fantasy wins

and forgive us our Todd Haley

as we forgive those who game plan against us

and lead us not into fumbles

but deliver us from Thomas Jones. Amen

Some nice work here.

What if Lewis scores 2 TDS on your bench. The hookup doesn't matter. 3 is more than 2.

If Lewis scores two TDs on my bench, that's ok if Witten scores a long one.

Remember, we are a TD-only league with bonus points for long TDs and TDs scored out of position.

The hookup is awesome for bombs. I love me some double points!