[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where's Colston?

SheikYerbuti

here we go with the "where's my player?" threads ... love these.

Percy Harvin owners, your turn....

Here is a thread from beginning of the season yesteryear with some guy vehemently disagreeing with my suggestion of Colston being a tad over-valued as a fantasy #1 WR due to Bree's tendency to distribute the ball around:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...296076&st=0

Now it seems like an accepted assumption.

So do we want to go through this again regarding 2009? Things are obviously a little different now that other receivers are stepping up, but when we had this conversation, Colston was one of the most dependable WR's in the game.

Have things changed some, Yes. I'd say he's in the tier 2 WR category or so. No specific stats to back that up, but just my gut feeling. However, when we had that discussion some time ago, my evaluation was right on the money.

Happy to go through it with you again.

So do we want to go through this again regarding 2009? Things are obviously a little different now that other receivers are stepping up, but when we had this conversation, Colston was one of the most dependable WR's in the game.

Have things changed some, Yes. I'd say he's in the tier 2 WR category or so. No specific stats to back that up, but just my gut feeling. However, when we had that discussion some time ago, my evaluation was right on the money.

Happy to go through it with you again.

You might want to go back and read the thread. My primary point last year was Colston was being over-valued as a #1 WR because his ceiling at the end of the year is typically a low end #1, he ended up as the #17WR in WCOFF scoring format for avg ppg. You kept arguing for him as a top tier stud WR, stating I didn't know what I was talking about.

Colston's value was and is his reliability as a #2 WR, which I never argued against.

Edited by bushwacked

Oh boy here we go. Here's what you said "Colston has never showed himself to be consistently involved in the passing game after his promising rookie season, heputs up numbers in spurts.. Brees spreads the ball all over the place. I'm sure Colston will have some big games, but he smacked of the guy that I'd let someone else pick in the late 2nd round." and this "I realize that WRs are streaky in scoring by nature, but Colston is moreso than other "studs." If Manning throws for 350 yards and 6 TDs, Reggie Wayne will almost certainly have more than 3 catches for 30 yards.

Colston was the 22nd scoring WR last year in average points per game (PPR leagues). He played in 11 games last year, he scored his first TD in week 12 and nearly half his games were duds. He had good games in weeks 15, 16, and 17. In 2007 he had 7 games with 4 catches or less, in which he again started the season fairly slow and heated up for the last part of the season in which he ended up as the #10 scoring WR (average points).

I stand by my statement, for a #1 WR on such a high potent offense, he is frustratingly inconsistent. Despite Brees puts up big numbers in almost every game, Colston runs hot or cold, it's been that way for 2 years. "

This was your entire statement, not pieces of the thread that you tend to use. At no point did you type in that he was a #2 WR, you only said he was extremely inconsistent and used statistics from a year that he was out injured through week 7. Obviously a poor argument.

I will agree with you that he is now a tier 2 WR in my opinion, but at that time he was as consistent as any other WR not named Fitz and backed it up with real stats.

At no point did you type in that he was a #2 WR,

You're really flailing around here and/or apparently ignoring a lot of what I said.

Colston was a borderline top 10 WR in 2006 and 2007 and a borderline top 20 WR last year. I got to believe that 10ish is his ceiling, he plays with a QB who throws the ball all over the field; .

Oh boy here we go. Here's what you said

Yea, I was completely accurate and you now realize you were over-valuing Colston. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked