[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Malcom Floyd or Dwayne Bowe?

Irish27

Who are they playing?

Always give us the matchups and any other pertinent info, rather than asking us to take twice the time to look it up just to give advice.

They play each other. And Bowe is my clear choice. He'll get WAY more targets than Floyd, who is the third option in SD.

who's #2?

Gates-1: Matthews-2: Floyd: 3.

If Matthews is going to be "the next LT," that involves catching passes in that offense. Not to mention, the Chargers should be ahead for most of the game, thus be content to keeping the ball on the ground.

Gates-1: Matthews-2: Floyd: 3.

If Matthews is going to be "the next LT," that involves catching passes in that offense. Not to mention, the Chargers should be ahead for most of the game, thus be content to keeping the ball on the ground.

:wacko:

Ray Rice had an unbelievable RB recpetion total with 70 catches last year... But for a WR, that's a mediocre year. Norv Turner himself gave an optimistic projection of 250 carries and 40 receptions for the kid. That's not a primary reciever.

So by your logic, we should declare Charles and McCluster as primary recievers, and thus, your logic is still wrong.. Try again.

Ray Rice had an unbelievable RB recpetion total with 70 catches last year... But for a WR, that's a mediocre year. Norv Turner himself gave an optimistic projection of 250 carries and 40 receptions for the kid. That's not a primary reciever.

So by your logic, we should declare Charles and McCluster as primary recievers, and thus, your logic is still wrong.. Try again.

He asked for Week One. When the Chargers are up by 14 at halftime, you're going to tell me that Floyd is going to be the guy Norv is looking to get the ball to? Try again.

I think that Bowe might end up with more upside as the true #1 in that offense, but I fully expect Phillip Rivers to try to establish a rapport with his new #1WR, and the Chiefs' Pass D was absolutely abysmal last year at 28th, and is showing no signs of improvement.

I go Floyd this week, but monitor the situation, as Bowe could easily emerge as the better play throughout hte season if he performs up to his potential, and the Charlie Weis offense clicks.

Turner just said that Mathews won't be seeing a lot of pass down options and that Sproles will continue to be the primary RB in those situations. So in other words, you're a Mathews owner and are hoping.

My team is in my signature.

And the point was that, against KC (which was the question), Matthews will get more opportunities than Floyd. After the score is 24-14 in the third quarter, I just don't see SD making a point to get the ball to Malcolm Floyd.

Turner just said that Mathews won't be seeing a lot of pass down options and that Sproles will continue to be the primary RB in those situations. So in other words, you're a Mathews owner and are hoping.

:tup:

These kids and their rookies... Never heard the Matthews as the #2 passing option though. Now that's rich.

These kids and their rookies... Never heard the Matthews as the #2 passing option though. Now that's rich.

Do what you want. Malcolm Floyd will undoubtedly be the next Vincent Jackson. It doesn't matter how talented you are in the NFL...If one guy goes down, then the next guy (veteran who has made a mediocre name for himself) will for sure step in and be the next star at that position. It happens all the time. Those guys who aren't good enough to be the Number one when everyone is available are always a better option than the guy who is a true number one on his team. It's a fact.

Do what you want. Malcolm Floyd will undoubtedly be the next Vincent Jackson. It doesn't matter how talented you are in the NFL...If one guy goes down, then the next guy (veteran who has made a mediocre name for himself) will for sure step in and be the next star at that position. It happens all the time. Those guys who aren't good enough to be the Number one when everyone is available are always a better option than the guy who is a true number one on his team. It's a fact.

Cmon now. Don't get all sarcastic and offended.

Fact stands:

Phillip Rivers > Matt Cassel

Chargers pass D > Chiefs pass D

Bowe's track record as a bust > Floyds

Rivers rapport with Floyd already > Cassels' with Bowe

Like you said, do whatever you want, since neither is a proven sure thing and both are comparable, but I'll take the guy with less question marks, more work ethic, better QB and matchup all day. JMO though.

I just read Matthew Berry's take for week one and he thinks Gaffney is going to have a big game against Jacksonville this week. Now I'm thinking about starting Jabar. By the way, my other receiver I'm starting is Andre Johnson.

By the way, my other receiver is your mom.

Bowe and Floyd right now are equall until we see otherwise. Predicting who will get a td is impossible but the targets will be similar. I beleive Bowe is the talent but Floyd has the premier Qb. This question can only be answered by your own gut feeling.

Bowe and Floyd right now are equall until we see otherwise. Predicting who will get a td is impossible but the targets will be similar. I beleive Bowe is the talent but Floyd has the premier Qb. This question can only be answered by your own gut feeling.

+1

I might go Bowe just because Chiefs will probably have to throw more, but this is definitely a coin toss so just take your gut and stand behind it.

Definitely Bowe. He's the #1 receiving option for KC, and they will probably be playing from behind. And Charlie Weis is a passing offense guy anyway. Gates is more of a "primary receiver" than Floyd, and the Chargers may spend most of the day running anyway.

^^^This