[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL iphone app

montster

i am commissioner of a 12-team local redraft. one of the owners messaged me last night to say he was messing around with the MFL iphone app and was able to bench reggie bush and put in lee evans -- at about 11:15 last night, almost three hours after the saints game ended. i checked the log, and, sure enough, bush went from starter to bench after he had already played. has anyone else encountered this? just to make sure, i checked the league settings, and it is set to lock players once their game has started, so this has to be something with the mobile app. i realize i'm potentially opening a can of worms here, but i think owners, especially commissioners, deserve to know. thankfully, the guy who noticed this is pretty honest. i don't have the time to scrutinize each owner's timestamped lineup submissions every week, so who knows if i would ever have caught it.

i am commissioner of a 12-team local redraft. one of the owners messaged me last night to say he was messing around with the MFL iphone app and was able to bench reggie bush and put in lee evans -- at about 11:15 last night, almost three hours after the saints game ended. i checked the log, and, sure enough, bush went from starter to bench after he had already played. has anyone else encountered this? just to make sure, i checked the league settings, and it is set to lock players once their game has started, so this has to be something with the mobile app. i realize i'm potentially opening a can of worms here, but i think owners, especially commissioners, deserve to know. thankfully, the guy who noticed this is pretty honest. i don't have the time to scrutinize each owner's timestamped lineup submissions every week, so who knows if i would ever have caught it.

well that's disturbing. hopefully it'll get worked out before Sunday.

This is scary ,, I just copied and pasted your post and e-mailed to all of the commishes of my leagues

Thanks !!

If it's true, MFL will get it fixed.

And, yes, every transaction is timestamped... But, in order for a commish to see every owner's lineup submission moves, I think the commish lockout has to be turned off, which is another issue in itself (turning this off allows the commish to view all waivers submissions, preslect draft picks, etc. as well).

Doesn't it put a timestamp any move made?

If it's true, MFL will get it fixed.

And, yes, every transaction is timestamped... But, in order for a commish to see every owner's lineup submission moves, I think the commish lockout has to be turned off, which is another issue in itself (turning this off allows the commish to view all waivers submissions, preslect draft picks, etc. as well).

yes, it timestamps the moves. however, while logged in as commissioner, i glanced at the transactions log to see if lineup submissions was one of the categories. it wasn't. (perhaps i have it set up incorrectly.) i had to go to Reports => Franchise => Starting Lineups to see everyone's lineup, then i had to click Lineup Details under that team's lineup in order to see who he had submitted. (this doesn't require any commissioner ability; anyone can see it.)

Yeah, I checked... Forget what I said earlier. Turning the lockout off allows the commish to basically see everything... waivers requests, trade proposals among other owners, etc. It does NOT, however, allow you to see lineup submissions.

Like I said, if this is the case, MFL needs to fix it ASAP. :wacko:

Yeah, I checked... Forget what I said earlier. Turning the lockout off allows the commish to basically see everything... waivers requests, trade proposals among other owners, etc. It does NOT, however, allow you to see lineup submissions.

Like I said, if this is the case, MFL needs to fix it ASAP. :wacko:

not sure if it's MFL's problem to fix. according to this, mobile apps are done by third parties, only one of which seems to allow lineup submissions.

if anyone has a leaguemate who finishes the year with a 100 percent efficiency rating, check to see if he owns an iphone. :tup:

just did.

only took MFL 90 minutes to reply.

Hi:

Thanks for the heads-up. This loophole will be closed effective tomorrow, and we'll scan all lineups to see who else might have taken advantage of this.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

my apologies to all cheaters.

I sent it off to MFL as soon as I seen the post yesterday morning ,, it seems there was a problem but fixed now ,, reply from MFL below

Tom:

Thanks for the heads-up. This loophole will be closed effective tomorrow, and we'll scan all lineups to see who else might have taken advantage of this.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

*** REMINDER - do not reply to this Email! ***

Instead, click on the following link to view your original question and answer:

http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2010/m...TICKET_ID=68071

From there, you may reply to this ticket again, if necessary.

No really, did I miss an update maybe? I purchased the 1.99 MFL app and all I can do is post to the message board and see live scores of my leagues games. Anything else I click gives me a message that says Coming before the 2010 season.......

I have the app for the droid and all I can do is see scores as well. If and when they update to be able to submit lineups, it will be the best app ever. EVER!!

You guys all realize these apps are not developed by MFL right?

There are two apps on the market, and they are both developed by third parties. One is $1.99, the other is $5. This is probably the $5 app that was causing the problem.

Frankly I think it's a testament to the customer support that they responded so quickly to fix the problem. I wonder how quickly the "other" guys would have.

CBS's app has live scoring, and lets you change lineups....and its free.

Right, but CBS itself costs over twice as much as MFL. Not to mention, the site itself pretty much sucks in comparison to MFL. I've actually used CBS for nearly 10 years longer than MFL, but at this point, only one of my (10+) leagues still uses CBS. It's not worth the money, and the features/options that CBS offers are minimal, in comparison to MFL. Just saying... A free phone app doesn't mean squat when the primary product that they offer is overpriced, and below average in quality. :tup:

Oh, but I forgot... CBS also sends you a draft board if you pay them $180 per league, or whatever it is. A draft board, might I add, that didn't even include Mike Williams or L. Naanee. :wacko: And, it wasn't like they sent us the draft board weeks ago, either... Our commish debated over whether to switch to MFL, and then decided at the last minute to stay with CBS. He called them, and they sent him a board on short notice (I guess I have to give them some props for that), but the Huddle top 200 from May (or last year, for that matter) would have been more "current."

I just go online with my Hero & use the acutal MFL site.

I can do the same but having an app where it is all conveniently together is .... well the idea was pretty cool to me. I don't get nothing but force close when I open it up now. Close to uninstalling.