[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stafford Hurt

Egret

I'm pretty sure that was an unsubstantiated rumor.

Trust me if he broke his collarbone (clavicle) he would know it immediately, you cant move your arm witout considerable pain. I have broken mine 6X and its a feeling you wont ever forget. I think he got stuff torn up in the shoulder, and after last years shoulder issues this has to be concerning to Lions fans.

Trust me if he broke his collarbone (clavicle) he would know it immediately, you cant move your arm witout considerable pain. I have broken mine 6X and its a feeling you wont ever forget. I think he got stuff torn up in the shoulder, and after last years shoulder issues this has to be concerning to Lions fans.

Duuude, how do you brake your collar bone 6 times? I know we aren't supposed to talk about it, but you in Fight Club?

Is that you, Charles Rogers?

Lions | Matthew Stafford has separated shoulder

Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:02:32 -0700

Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford (shoulder) has been diagnosed with a second degree separated shoulder, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Stafford is scheduled to meet with Dr. James Andrews this week. Stafford will be out at least this week. ESPN.com is reporting that he will not need to undergo surgery, but head coach Jim Schwartz does not have a timetable for Stafford's return. Initial estimates have him missing anywhere from four to eight weeks.

that seems bad.

Keep an eye on this. This is the type of injury that can be rehabed at first but can turn into a season ending injury with surgery at anytime. He will be a risk all year long and with each hit he's taking a chance of injury again....

Duuude, how do you brake your collar bone 6 times? I know we aren't supposed to talk about it, but you in Fight Club?

Did alot of stupid things growing up, and I dont think it ever quite healed correctly. Jumped out of a moving car, fell off a roof, rolled down a hill, jumped over a ledge and landed wrong. Mind you these are the ones I can remember.

Matthew Stafford - QB - Lions

During an interview with WBan Me Forever-1130 AM Tuesday morning, Dr. Stan Sczecienski said there might be evidence that Matt Stafford's (shoulder) injury could sideline him for just 1-2 weeks, not 4-6 weeks as feared.

Sczecienski has not treated the quarterback, but he thinks Stafford might have suffered only a contusion and not a separation. He bases the opinion on the fact that Stafford was hit on the side of his shoulder and because the quarterback said there was no injury to the labrum. Stafford will receive a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews this week.

Sep. 14 - 10:14 a.m. ET

Source: MLive.com

• 1 month later...

Report: Stafford might be done for season

Matthew Stafford - QB - DET - Nov. 9 - 8:14 a.m. ET

Tom Kowalski of MLive.com reports that the Lions fear they may have lost Matthew Stafford for the season due to a Grade 3 separation of his right shoulder.

He had an MRI Monday, but it isn't known if those results, which have been forwarded to Dr. James Andrews, confirm the team's initial diagnosis. Stafford suffered a Grade 2 separation earlier this season that caused him to miss six weeks. As it stands right now, no decision has been made about Stafford's status. If true, it's an unfortunate blow to an offense that really started showing promise with Stafford at the helm. It's not clear if Shaun Hill, who played well while filling in for Stafford earlier this season, will be ready for Week 10. If he's not, Drew Stanton will get the call.

Make that two.

Shaun Hill better gird his loins (and his arm). Otherwise, Buffalo can count on win #1.

:wacko:

The hit didn't even look that hard. He's so brittle he's going to be breaking hips by the time he's 30. You just gotta feel for Lions fans. This is simply brutal.

QB Matthews Stafford has a Grade 3 separation in his right shoulder and will miss the rest of the season, according to an MLive.com report. Stafford was injured during the Lions' loss to the Jets on Sunday, and the team has not revealed the results of test done Monday. Stafford, who also injured his throwing shoulder during the season opener, will reportedly seek a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham. Stafford's earlier injury was a Grade 2 separation and sidelined him for six games. "We don't share results of MRIs or anything else with members of the media or anybody else other than the player and the staff here," coach Jim Schwartz said on a radio show appearance, according to MLive.com. "Matt wasn't able to finish the game; he was very sore, and we'll get him back on the field as soon as we can. And that's been our approach with reporting injuries from the very beginning."

(Yahoo! Sports) :wacko: