[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray Rice

Jackass

Over 2,000 total yards last year. Yeah, he's overrated.

That was last year. Plus, for a guy drafted in the top 4 or 5 in virtually every 1QB league on the planet, I'd really really expect and hope that Rice is the guy getting that touchdown. This is the difference between Rice and the other RBs drafted early. Frank Gore scores that TD... SJax scores that TD... It's why anointing Rice a stud was a mistake IMO. Ray Rice is a lot closer to Pierre Thomas than he is Adrian Peterson (value-wise). But there's a lot of season left. Rice scored 8 TDs last year to McGahee's 14 TDs, and maybe the theory is that Rice will assert himself and essentially play his way into the goalline role. It's possible I guess. But what evidence was there / is there to lead us to the conclusion that Rice will cut into McGahee's TD numbers?

That was last year. Plus, for a guy drafted in the top 4 or 5 in virtually every 1QB league on the planet, I'd really really expect and hope that Rice is the guy getting that touchdown. This is the difference between Rice and the other RBs drafted early. Frank Gore scores that TD... SJax scores that TD... It's why anointing Rice a stud was a mistake IMO. Ray Rice is a lot closer to Pierre Thomas than he is Adrian Peterson (value-wise). But there's a lot of season left. Rice scored 8 TDs last year to McGahee's 14 TDs, and maybe the theory is that Rice will assert himself and essentially play his way into the goalline role. It's possible I guess. But what evidence was there / is there to lead us to the conclusion that Rice will cut into McGahee's TD numbers?

Thank you. That's exactly what i was thinking.

I know it's the Jets D, but if he's not getting those GL carries, he's not finishing in the top 4 rb's

ETA: I'm not saying he's not a good player, just that he was drafted too high.

Edited by Jackass

Thank you. That's exactly what i was thinking.

I know it's the Jets D, but if he's not getting those GL carries, he's not finishing in the top 4 rb's

ETA: I'm not saying he's not a good player, just that he was drafted too high.

you mean like he did last year when he finished 4th among RBs without getting those carries?

you mean like he did last year when he finished 4th among RBs without getting those carries?

Rice finished 6th in RB scoring in my main local last year. But again, we're not talking about last year. Theoretically, Flacco improves and the offense opens up more. They now have Boldin and Housh. Reasons to think he won't catch 78 passes (but will still probably eclipse 50). I don't think the point of the post is to say Rice is a bust, just that maybe Rice isn't a stud like we'd expect a top 4 or 5 pick to be since he doesn't even get the goalline work (or at least the majority of it). Rice is very likely to finish the year a top 10 RB. So we're not talking about Rice being some huge disappointment here. It just means that his value is really dependent on him scoring from more than 5 yards out most of the time and it's also dependent on him continuing to be active in the passing game. So far, he's been targeted enough in the passing game to look like he'll still be involved similarly. But then again, this is just one game. Still, the McGahee TD is telling.

Rice finished 6th in RB scoring in my main local last year. But again, we're not talking about last year. Theoretically, Flacco improves and the offense opens up more. They now have Boldin and Housh. Reasons to think he won't catch 78 passes (but will still probably eclipse 50). I don't think the point of the post is to say Rice is a bust, just that maybe Rice isn't a stud like we'd expect a top 4 or 5 pick to be since he doesn't even get the goalline work (or at least the majority of it). Rice is very likely to finish the year a top 10 RB. So we're not talking about Rice being some huge disappointment here. It just means that his value is really dependent on him scoring from more than 5 yards out most of the time and it's also dependent on him continuing to be active in the passing game. So far, he's been targeted enough in the passing game to look like he'll still be involved similarly. But then again, this is just one game. Still, the McGahee TD is telling.

I just checked 6 leagues and he finished 4th in 5 of them(one not having PPR) and in the 6th he finished 3rd....and if people are talking about him not getting GL carries being the reason he won't be able to be the 4th ranked RB then last year IS relevant because of what he did without those carries...now if you want to add in the Boldin, Housh passing game stuff as a reason that is a different story and by the way one that wasn't mentioned prior to your post...all that was mentioned was because of McGahee getting GL love.

I mean I just re-read what you said again (posted below) and i hate to say it but it looks like you changed your tune/argument when it wasn't working

could be that you are being blinded by the head in your avy :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

I mean I just re-read what you said again (posted below) and i hate to say it but it looks like you changed your tune/argument when it wasn't working

I wouldn't say I was changing my tune but simply adding additional reasoning to why Rice shouldn't be classified as a stud. Again, this is just one game. He'll probably go nuts next week and put naysayers like me in my place.

In a nutshell, the number of weapons have increased in BAL (Boldin, Housh, Heap is healthy). The offense will not center on RR. Factor in McGahees GL touches and RR will probably not be as productive as last year. He's still a good back, just not what he was last year.

Another way to look at the new weapons and what effect they will have on Rice's numbers is to expect that the Ravens may have more

red zone opportunities, 1st downs, possesion time, safeties not being able to cheat up on running plays etc.... all of which could benefit Rice. :wacko:

Edited by major-tom