[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grant out for the year

nimal

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't be jealous of me getting the pickup of 2010.

Yeah. I am jealous. I really, really wished that I could get into a league with instantaneous waivers going to whomever is sitting at a computer while NFL games are going, hoping to beat everyone else to plum free agents...

:wacko:

So the big question is do you guys think Jackson is good enough to hold the job? I am a Grant owner looking to the WW and Jackson and Kuhn are both there. Are either worth the value or should the GB run game be forgotten for now and go with somebody like Hillis?

McCarthy said in preseason he could envision Brandon Jackson as a FEATURE back in his offense. This is a great opportunity and whether you have doubts about Kuhn vulturing TDs or not you have to view Jackson as the #1 WW pickup of the week imo...

ofcourse this comes from me, a Ryan Grant owner. Argh...

Any league that allows waivers during Sunday are a joke.

I would never be part of a league like that even though I would stand to benifit from it because I watch games from Noon to Midnight on Sunday.

Back to Grant being out.

Tough blow for fantasy owners and Green Bay. Jackson has never seen to be able to put it together when Grant beat him out in 2007 when B-Jackson was a rookie but I do think I have seen some signs of Jackson being better in the last year or so.

He had some really good games at the end of 2009 when they played him.

He probably isn't on any waiver wire for any league that has 20+ roster spots.

Amazingly for me I don't have either Grant or B-Jackson in my 25 leagues and they both were drafted in all 24 that were drafts.

Any league that allows waivers during Sunday are a joke.

I would never be part of a league like that even though I would stand to benifit from it because I watch games from Noon to Midnight on Sunday.

Back to Grant being out.

Tough blow for fantasy owners and Green Bay. Jackson has never seen to be able to put it together when Grant beat him out in 2007 when B-Jackson was a rookie but I do think I have seen some signs of Jackson being better in the last year or so.

He had some really good games at the end of 2009 when they played him.

He probably isn't on any waiver wire for any league that has 20+ roster spots.

Amazingly for me I don't have either Grant or B-Jackson in my 25 leagues and they both were drafted in all 24 that were drafts.

Also...

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Fixed.

While it sucks for Grant (and the Grant owners), who else was able to gobble up Jackson before other managers??

I was able to snag him in my 3 $$ leagues..

The guy doesn't seem like much more than a solid 3rd down guy, but I hope I'm wrong. Starting RBs don't land on the WW too often, so I'm trying to snag him where I can.

The guy doesn't seem like much more than a solid 3rd down guy, but I hope I'm wrong. Starting RBs don't land on the WW too often, so I'm trying to snag him where I can.

I've got solid RBs on my roster(s) already, but maybe I just got some trade bait...???

So the big question is do you guys think Jackson is good enough to hold the job? I am a Grant owner looking to the WW and Jackson and Kuhn are both there. Are either worth the value or should the GB run game be forgotten for now and go with somebody like Hillis?

McCarthy said in preseason he could envision Brandon Jackson as a FEATURE back in his offense. This is a great opportunity and whether you have doubts about Kuhn vulturing TDs or not you have to view Jackson as the #1 WW pickup of the week imo...

ofcourse this comes from me, a Ryan Grant owner. Argh...

IIRC, didnt GB draft Jackson with the idea he'd be the feature back and it was an injury(or injuries) that opened the door for Grant? :wacko:

I would say it would behoove Grant owners to get Jackson (if they dont already have him) and hope that he (if nothing else) becomes serviceable out of the opportunities that offense should provide on a weekly basis.

Edit to fix: misread the article...

Edited by Delicious_bass

What are the chances that GB makes a play for someone like Marshawn Lynch?

I have read a few posts on different threads saying that GB may trade for Marshawn Lynch. I tried to google it and didn't come up with much. Is there any support for this or just a would make since type of thing?

They are picking up a PS guy from Atlanta, so I'd say the odds are slim and none. It's not really the Packers' MO.