[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grant out for the year

nimal

I am a Grant owner in dynasty league. There is a reason why I did not roster Brandon Jackson as a handcuff. Because he is not feature back material. I don't care what kind of crapola you have heard from the head coach, or from the people that grabbed him in their lame Yahoo league during game on Sunday. It just ain't happening. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

You hit the nail on the head here..I'm a Packer fan and Jackson has not impressed at all...He is not a feature back and really not even a good 3rd down back...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You hit the nail on the head here..I'm a Packer fan and Jackson has not impressed at all...He is not a feature back and really not even a good 3rd down back...

This part is far from true. He's not going to put up numbers on third down, but he excels in picking up the blitz and taking on blockers to buy Rodgers some time.

Just for the benefit of you lost souls crying about losing Grant, here is what is now left of my running backs in my dynasty league:

Jerome Harrison

Tashard Choice

Bernard Scott

Leon Washington

Keiland Williams

I really needed Grant to hold the fort down for just one more year. Looks like tomorrow is today. :wacko:

I drafted Brandon Jackson with my last pick (16th) in a 12 team league after Tashard Choice and Bernard Scott were taken a few round before. Looks like I got ~5th round value out of that pick for now. Looking at my team in my signature, any thought on what to do with my deep RB's? I was thinking of packaging Jackson and Forte or Bowe for an upgrade at WR or RB.

Well, I picked the right week to have the lowest score, which gives me the 1st ww pickup to start the season. But it gets better, one of my buddies (this is an all-friend 14 team league) wants Jackson really bad. He's very weak at RB and I'm relatively weak at WR. He's offering up any of his WRs and he will pickup whoever I want him to from the ww (he picks 3rd) and trade him too. In the end, here's what will happen:

I trade - Brandon Jackson and Devery Henderson

I receive - Calvin Johnson and one of either Vick or Naanee (depending on his ww pick).

So I just turned the 1st ww pick into Calvin Johnson. I'm still in shock.

I handcuffed Jackson to Grant in my auction league as a 2nd back to Chris Johnson. Jackson has always looked capable to me when playing, and at times looked more explosive and impressive than Grant in limited duty. Admittedly, haven't watched GB games that much, but the kid seems to have some skills and big play ability. I'm hoping my handcuff can result in something positive, at this point. But I was hopeful Grant could get that weekly TD and the occasional 100 yard performance in that offense.

Still seeing conflicting reports about the injury, but the worst news seems to be the most probable right now.

Well, I picked the right week to have the lowest score, which gives me the 1st ww pickup to start the season. But it gets better, one of my buddies (this is an all-friend 14 team league) wants Jackson really bad. He's very weak at RB and I'm relatively weak at WR. He's offering up any of his WRs and he will pickup whoever I want him to from the ww (he picks 3rd) and trade him too. In the end, here's what will happen:

I trade - Brandon Jackson and Devery Henderson

I receive - Calvin Johnson and one of either Vick or Naanee (depending on his ww pick).

So I just turned the 1st ww pick into Calvin Johnson. I'm still in shock.

wow....that is robbery....add into the fact that you may be getting nanee in that equation.....you really come out a winner.....im loving nanees potential working on #2 corners(you saw what bailey did to sims-walker....floyd is in for similar treatment i believe).......and then you get megatron too?!?!......i drafted him as my #1 two years ago with the first pick of the 4th round after going rb, rb, rb.......the guy put up like 1200 yards and 13 tds with 4 different qbs that started for the lions that year.....hes an animal and can produce with just about anyone in there....i love the guy......i put him in the top 5 receivers in the game right now even without the numbers production......its funny...i always see these top 100 or 200 players in the nfl lists(non fantasy) on websites or whatever.....the sporting news just did one too.....chad ochocino, who i like and is a fine player, was in like the 60's.....they had calvin in the mid 80's....tons of good players....but you are going to tell me thats where calvin rates in this league? this guy is a top 20-30 talent with potential to go higher if you ask me.....dont blame the situation and lack of actual production

wow....that is robbery....add into the fact that you may be getting nanee in that equation.....you really come out a winner.....im loving nanees potential working on #2 corners(you saw what bailey did to sims-walker....floyd is in for similar treatment i believe).......and then you get megatron too?!?!......i drafted him as my #1 two years ago with the first pick of the 4th round after going rb, rb, rb.......the guy put up like 1200 yards and 13 tds with 4 different qbs that started for the lions that year.....hes an animal and can produce with just about anyone in there....i love the guy......i put him in the top 5 receivers in the game right now even without the numbers production......its funny...i always see these top 100 or 200 players in the nfl lists(non fantasy) on websites or whatever.....the sporting news just did one too.....chad ochocino, who i like and is a fine player, was in like the 60's.....they had calvin in the mid 80's....tons of good players....but you are going to tell me thats where calvin rates in this league? this guy is a top 20-30 talent with potential to go higher if you ask me.....dont blame the situation and lack of actual production

It's official, I just added Calvin Johnson and Legedu Naanee and it only cost me Brandon Jackson and Devery Henderson :wacko:

:wacko: at everyone calling for has beens like Parker and Lynch to save the ship that's hilarious! They can't even win the job on there own teams with average talent like F. Jackson and Portis and L.J. ahead of them on the depth charts. Jackson will get his shot to prove skeptics wrong I really like the kid and hope he does well. There's a reason he's been there backup for a few years and we'll see if that potential the Pack saw in him reigns true in the spotlight now. Ya they will bring some folks in to help with depth but make no doubt about it it's Action Jackson's job until he proves he can't handle the job! And with there next few matchups being creampuffs I see at least a short term worth that might turn into longterm. I think the kid could gain some confidence from a few soft defenses and him doing well against them. Hell he's on a great team so he already has that going for him. I don't own him but I will try to on the wire as I'm third in line. I have been a fan of his since college on the huskers and hope he makes the best of his opportunity!