[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

malcom floyd

won my first game pretty comfortably thanks to my man arian foster......but ive never been shy about spending the money/making the waiver wire moves if i feel its going to improve my team and strenghten it in the long run.....

definitley too early to panic.....the weather was sloppy....rivers was shaky.....so im not toooo concerned about floyd....at the same time im looking at what champ did to sims-walker(who is similar to floyd in terms of speed)....im also looking at two matchups with nnamdi.....theres 4 possible games right there where floyd is looking like a bad start(even in my format where i must start 4 receivers)......i dunno if you can depend on floyd for much of anything against those 2 guys

i actually think my receiving corps, while not great by any stretch or even real good, has some potential......not dropping marshall or garcon....i think mike williams is going to have some vale and some good games.....i like devin aromashodu(almost had a 30 yard td)...think he could lead the bears in receiving........probably the most dropable guy there is jacoby jones.....i have strict roster requirements where i must keep 6 wrs...along with 5 rbs 2 qbs 2 kickers and 2 defenses....so id have to drop a wr for a wr......i really like nanee...especially working on #2 corners.....im next to last on waivers after week 1....so any shot at him is probably slim.....

what are your opinions on floyd going forward?.....and jacoby jones?....jones for nanee seems like a no brainer if it were possible(although id then own floyd, nanee, and mathews).....any other ww type of guys that really make sense for me? i like the potential jones flashes....but he doesnt seem dependable and seems like a spot starter at best(kind of like starting meachem in prior years...just hoping for a big play)

I don't think you should panic on Jacoby Jones. The Colts sans Bob Sanders are terrible against the run. Washington isn't. Foster won't have a monster game this week like he did last, so we'll get to see more of that Texan passing game. If Jones puts up another 2 for 29, then you can panic on him. I think he'll do fine. As for Malcom Floyd, he's big and fast, but the question I ask myself is "why is it that a guy who seems to have the tools to succeed in the NFL has barely made an impact after 6 years in the league? Maybe it's just that SD has had other weapons until now... But maybe it's more a reflection on Floyd. I guess I think Naanee has more upside and could be the go-to deep threat for the Chargers instead of Floyd. We're only a week into the season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Naanee with more TDs than Floyd by seasons end. I have to agree with you that I'd prefer Naanee over Jacoby Jones, but it's pretty close IMO. Seeing how the Texans move the ball when Foster isn't getting gaping holes will be telling. Defenses can't take away Foster and AJ and Jones (and Owen Daniels once he's fully healthy). Something has to give...

I don't think you should panic on Jacoby Jones. The Colts sans Bob Sanders are terrible against the run. Washington isn't. Foster won't have a monster game this week like he did last, so we'll get to see more of that Texan passing game. If Jones puts up another 2 for 29, then you can panic on him. I think he'll do fine. As for Malcom Floyd, he's big and fast, but the question I ask myself is "why is it that a guy who seems to have the tools to succeed in the NFL has barely made an impact after 6 years in the league? Maybe it's just that SD has had other weapons until now... But maybe it's more a reflection on Floyd. I guess I think Naanee has more upside and could be the go-to deep threat for the Chargers instead of Floyd. We're only a week into the season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Naanee with more TDs than Floyd by seasons end. I have to agree with you that I'd prefer Naanee over Jacoby Jones, but it's pretty close IMO. Seeing how the Texans move the ball when Foster isn't getting gaping holes will be telling. Defenses can't take away Foster and AJ and Jones (and Owen Daniels once he's fully healthy). Something has to give...

really appreciate the input MT

i agree....i think nanee could easily outperform floyd and has more upside.......somehow i dont think id even have a shot at nanee on waivers since i finished 2nd in points this week(originally thought i had high game,which warrants bonus money, until garcons stats were changed)....id be suprised if he isnt gone.....i dont want to give up on jones completely...but like i said....hes striking me more as a spot starter....a meachem type....it was a little disconcerting to see walter get a td.....but he definitley has the physical skills to take advantage of good matchups against lesser corners when they need to throw the ball to win

not go to off on a tangent....but i keep hearing everyone talk about the gaping holes foster received...and theres no question there were.....he isnt likely to see many of them against the skins....but the foster owner in me saw this guy being real decisive....showing some great cutting ability....and a real feel for the flow of the play.....

I wouldn't worry about Floyd yet, Gates was double and triple teamed that is going to open up coverage for both Naanee and Floyd.

yeah....most of my concern with floyd is me questioning his ability to produce anything of signifigance against champ and nnamdi.....theres 4 games possibly where you could say going in you know you arent getting much....is he even worth starting when hes matched up against those guys? even if you must start 4 receivers?

Nhamdi covers only half the field. If they move their WRs around, the matchups change.

I love Champ, but he's getting old and is only ~90% of his former self... which is still like top 5 in the league, but he makes more mistakes than he used to.

Don't over think it.

i hear you....just looking at what champ did to MSW...i think MSW and floyd are similar in terms of speed

I was not happy with his production in the Chief's game, but I've talked myself into waiting a few weeks before kicking him to the curb. He got 12 targets in the game, including multiple looks in the endzone. He didn't convert on many, but Rivers was under pressure (O-line certainly looked like an issue), it was raining, and Arrowhead was rocking like it was a playoff game. I have to believe if he's getting that many targets (and endzone looks) each week there's a good chance for some value.

As for the DEN/OAK matchup... VJax had 13 catches for 150+ yards and 2 TDs in two games against OAK, and 8 catches for 100 yards and 1 TD in two games against DEN. Not the greatest numbers but not 'Revis-island' useless. Can Floyd do as well as VJax against them? I have no idea, because no one seems sold that VJax was all that great to begin with, but it sure seems like he's probably better than Floyd.

Don't panic on Floyd. San Diego has an above average offense and the opposing teams pass defense will focus on taking away Gates, not any of the WRs. Comparing Floyd to Sims-Walker is a stretch..... San Diego has a much better offense. They were on the road, in a hostile environment, in crappy weather. Not to mention Floyd got 13 targets..... Floyd will be fine

Don't panic on Floyd. San Diego has an above average offense and the opposing teams pass defense will focus on taking away Gates, not any of the WRs. Comparing Floyd to Sims-Walker is a stretch..... San Diego has a much better offense. They were on the road, in a hostile environment, in crappy weather. Not to mention Floyd got 13 targets..... Floyd will be fine

Good info here, but the Chargers probably won't fall behind teams that quickly that often. Still, that's a monster number of targets.