[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arian Foster

devi0us

As a deep sleeper in the pre-season, his value jumped up after what he did against the Cowboys in the 3rd pre-season game. Now, after what he did this past weekend his value has sky-rocketed...time to sell high?

Not unless you're really really deep at RB and/or need something else worse and can make a good deal. I think he's for real, and has a strong passing game to keep teams honest.

I would hold onto him and enjoy the spoils if you drafted him as an RB2. If you own him as an RB3 you can enjoy insanely good depth which you can never have enough of.

If someone offers you ridiculous value for him, go for it but he's the real deal.

I actually believe his fantasy reputation could be cemented even higher if he simply grinds out 125 and a TD at Washington. Any "one-week fluke" remarks will subside and then you could land a king's bounty for Foster... if selling high is your kinda thing.

The Foster thing is funny to me. I have seen SO MANY "experts" taking shots at him. Saying things like he will never do that again...DUH...so he won't run for 230 and 3 again? Or he is a fluke.

What makes all that stuff funny to me is I have not seen many (if ANY) Foster people touting him as a top 5 stud. It's just weird that people want to knock a guy down for no good reason, especially considering I haven't seen Foster owners going crazy on him or anything.

To me he is what I thought he was prior to Sunday...a top 10-15 RB at seasons end. Low # 1/upper # 2 RB.

I agree with you 100% JUM. He goes for 90 + and a TD this week and I think he'll get more support then he did after 230 and 3 this past week.

The Foster thing is very weird to me...

Edited by giantsfan

It's natural to try and tear him down after a once-in-a-decade opener. 230 & 3 is Madden stuff. So people are kinda frozen, like "What the $%@#& just happened?" That's why I think if he just stays on the road (100 & 1 at a tough FedEx Field) he will really be applauded.

I've never been against selling high but sometimes it gets silly. I usually sell high on a guy with a track record - i.e., Fred Taylor, Lee Evans, etc. Guys that you pretty much know will plummet back to Earth.

If I had Foster (I don't) I'd ride it out and see if he can help me get to 3-1, 4-1, maybe 5-0. If he runs like he did last week it could be a fun season for many of you.

JUM

Edited by JUMbotron

Plus it looks like Haynesworth won't be out there for Arian Foster to deal with, not that Albert is so menacing anymore.

http://twitter.com/ryanohalloran

#Redskins practice update: Haynesworth sprained ankle Wed in practice and did no team drills today. Full go for LB Perry Riley.

about 2 hours ago via web

Selling high can be a real pain.

I sold Priest Holmes back in 2001 and he went on to have two of the best fantasy seasons ever...

This year I sold MJD for Turner, Addai, and... Arian Foster in the offseason. So far so good.

i agree with JUM and some of the others.....

you likely paid probably no more than a 4th rounder, or maybe less, for him.....alot of guys simply look at it like "i can flip this guy for a first or 2nd round talent"....a bigger name.....but foster may be carving out his own name and spot....enjoy the ride

i took him at 34 overall(4th round) of a 10 team as my 2nd rb(one team that had back to back picks at the end of 3rd/top of 4th, who took AJ and miles to start off, went benson and best at 30-31....i bet hes wishing he had foster at one of those spots now even with AJ)...im looking back at rounds 4-6....and there isnt a single player id rather own over him right now....heck im looking at the whole draft...and im thinking the only guys i might want instead of him are CJ and AD.....

yeah i know...gaping holes last sunday....look past that...i saw a guy(dallas preseason game included) who runs decisively....real good cutting ability and good vision....seems to have a real good feel for the flow of the play.......hes got another matchup with the colts....the jags can prob be run on and can be softened up with the pass....the titans look like they can be run on a bit.....so the schedule isnt too bad.....the passing attack is good...and it looks like hes a guy that can produce something even when the matchup doesnt look great on paper....

if he is your #3 you better have two great rbs ahead of him(that is unlikely because most guys simply dont own two great backs)....and you might wanna consider moving him into your top 2......if is your 3....well you probably have a flex spot?...hell fit in well there......like i said....right now...i can think of only 2 guys id rather have over him...

Even if you don't love Foster the player, you have to really like the offensive team around him. That alone tells me that you should only sell Foster for a deal that is too good to pass up. Foster will come back to earth, but just about anyone will after that first week effort.

pretty interesting....i just finished reading bill simmons' new piece.....

"Acceptable Reaction No. 2: That game was more about Houston than Indy. This wasn't a fluke upset by any means. The Texans pressured Manning for four quarters and pounded the Colts' offense physically. On the other side, Arian Foster was zipping through holes that looked like they were created with a bulldozer; at one point, he ripped off consecutive runs of 42, 10, 26 and 10 yards. When does that stop being an accident? And by the way, what if the Texans hit the jackpot with Foster? What if he's a top-five back right now and we're just not ready to realize it yet? Other than the Big Two (Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson), name me a back who showed a better blend of speed, power and ingenuity in Week 1? Is it really a shock that the No. 2 all-time leading rusher from the University of Tennessee would become an elite NFL running back?

Running backs are like starting pitchers: You never know when the top five might change, but when it happens, we're always slow to say, "You know what? We need to make a new top five." Check out the sidebar to the right: That top five changes every year, and there's always one curveball stud that we never saw coming. 2005? Larry Johnson. 2006? Frank Gore. 2007? Peterson. 2008? Matt Forte and Maurice Jones-Drew. 2009? Ray Rice. Why couldn't Foster be our 2010 guy? I think he is. If I'm right, then Houston has the No. 1 receiver (Andre Johnson), a top-five back (Foster), a quarterback who can chuck it (Matt Schaub), a quality pass rush, a quality offensive line and a legitimately good home crowd. That's a playoff team. On paper, anyway."

You know, it seems folks in general (including me) are just being very cautious before annointing him the "Next Big Thing". From a fanatasy perspective, I can certainly understand that. Let's see how the next couple of weeks work out. I own him in 3 of 4 leagues, and I am seriously optimistic, but I'm trying to be careful and go easy on my expectations. Tell you what though, he's in a great situation. A team with a great offense, no RBBC... could really be fantasy gold.

All that said, I am personally NOT considering trading him in any league. There's just too much potential there. I put Forte on the block in one league instead of Foster. No takers yet, but we'll see.

But he BOLD faced it the second time! Pay attention!

PS I don't know who bill simmons is but I hope he isn't getting paid for that drivel.

hes actually a very popular and successful writer who, believe it or not, gets paid to write......he wrote for the jimmy kimmel show too(which has done pretty well)....born in mass(diehard pats, celts, and sox fan) and transplanted in LA......hes a writer who writes like fan and usually incorporates a good amount of humor in his stuff.....call it drivel if you want.....the guy is not gospel....hes just a guy who follows the league and plays fantasy just like us....overall he is pretty knowledeable

hes not everyones cup of tea...and alot of people dont like reading him because of who is favorite teams are....but hes a national writer with a pretty big fan base....a cult following if you will.....not exactly sure how many people read you, email you, or how many interns you have working for you

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis