[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heismann contenders

BeeR

( Ravens). :wacko:

Worst QB to win something significant like a SB or Heisman.

In Dilfers case, the SB. In Pryce case the heisman.

I gotya smart guy

I just fail anything remotely resemembling a connection between a heisman winnning college player and the NFL SB trophy/MVP , :tup: bc there isn't any

there have been some less than mediocre QB's win the Heisman that would actually be a more relevant

Torretta, White, Ware,Crouch Weinke, Wuerffel, etc

that being said - Pryor ain't winning the Heisman

Cam Newton is the greatest college fball player that I can remember seeing. He literally looks like a video game character.

Let's see how Newton fairs this weekend against LSU's defense. :tup:

Can a QB of a 2 loss team win the Heisman? Apparently USC's Coach Kiffin doesn't.think so.

Kiffin said Sunday that the sophomore quarterback Matt Barkley would be "one of the front-runners" for the Heisman Trophy if the Trojans hadn't lost two games. :wacko: I think it has more to do with the Trojans being knocked off the national radar picture now that USC can not play in a Bowl.

Here's some interesting notes I read in an article.

1. Barkley ranks first in the Pac-10 and eighth in the nation with a 167.3 pass-efficiency rating.

2. He is second in the country behind Hawaii's Bryant Moniz with 20 touchdown passes.

3. Barkley has improved his touchdown-to-interception ratio from 15-14 as a freshman to 20-4.

4. He also has upped his completion percentage from 59.9 to 65.4

I'll bet my bottom dollar IF Barkley leads the "once media darlings" Trojans to an impressive win over the Oregon Ducks he'll start getting some serious Heisman consideration.

Only a Dennis Dixon-like late season injury will keep Cam from running away with the heisman. Auburn is my #1. Offense is just as dynamic as Oregons and I think they have a slightly better d. A lot of season to go. Georgia is improving, and the Iron Bowl is not a gimme, but this was the most impressive offensive performance of the year so far.

Cam Newton is the greatest college fball player that I can remember seeing. He literally looks like a video game character.

And the UF crowd loved Tebow... Think if this guy were in that backfield right now. Unta would smell of shame and victory.