[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

starting a lot of players from one team

gatorbite35

Start the players you think will score the most points, regardless of team they are on. Looks like without making some moves you have no choice at three of those positions. Do you think Vick scores more than Flacco? Likely. Jackson is a better start than Bowe and Sims-Walker this week as well.

This is a little bit different than the "who your opponent starts" argument (which should have no bearing on who you start, btw). Starting 3,4,5 players from the same team really could result in a boom or bust. So, if you have the stomach for that sort of thing go for it. If I have consistent scoring options on other teams I would rather diversify.

I have started Manning, Wayne, James back when James was the Indy RB. I even tossed Dallas Clark in there. I did not set out for this team but though trades I ended up that way. I never thought twice about it. It seemed like the points were always there but sometimes spread out a little different and I would do it all again. Today I still start Wayne with Manning in that same league.

Meh, I say spread it out. When you start multiple WRs or RB, WR from the same team, it puts a practical limit on your scoring...then again, I'd also argue that it also brings up the bottom. But the bottom is often just good enough to lose...unless the two other guys you are starting are like Chris Johnson and Drew Brees.

There are certain things I love. Like starting a K and RB from the same team in a high scoring offense. Or QB and K. Or QB, RB, K. Schaub, Foster, Rackers? Brees, Thomas, Hartley? Yes, please.

For your situation, it's different, were you starting McCoy, Jackson, and Maclin...I'd say no way. But that's not a bad mix, DEF doesn't factor into this approach so much, neither do QB.

There is only so much time and scoring in a football game. even a game that seems like a favorable match up . I think 5 players is too many eggs in one basket unless your alternatives are weak

I have started Manning, Wayne, James back when James was the Indy RB. I even tossed Dallas Clark in there. I did not set out for this team but though trades I ended up that way. I never thought twice about it. It seemed like the points were always there but sometimes spread out a little different and I would do it all again. Today I still start Wayne with Manning in that same league.

.... and how many times did you end up losing the in 'ship?

I'm most likely going to be starting 5 eagles this week @det:

Vick, djackson, celek, akers, and eagles D

I was wondering what your thoughts/theories are on starting so many players from one team.

Should i be worried?

Well, as far as I see it, you are really only starting four Eagles on you team. The DEF doesn't count. One could argue that the PK doesn't really count either, given that the PK isn't going to "steal" points from any other player.

So now you're down to three.

Do you think that Vick is going to score more FF points that any of the other QBs on your roster? If so, pencil him in. I think that you do the same analysis with Celek and Jackson, although one could argue that they "steal" receptions from each other.

I think that the "there are only so many points to go around" concern would come into play if you removed the DEF and PK from the equation and inserted Maclin and McCoy.

So I think that your five are just fine, particularly against Detroit. :wacko:

Edited by Furd

All that matters is if they are the players at that position on your squad that you think will score the most points.

It makes absolutely no sense to bench say DJax and start Sims-walker because you have vick, celek, akers and the eagles D if you think DJax will score more.

You have to analyze each position individually. Start the person you think will score the most points. The rest of your lineup, your opponents lineup, having a QB-WR hookup, and RB and K from the same team or any of these other FF myths that are completely bogus have no bearing on that decision.

It's feast or famine but I've been in situations like that before. Years ago I used the entire Seattle offense it seemed-- Hasselbeck, Alexander, Darrell Jackson, and even occasionally Bobby Engram as flex. They were all going off pretty good. Too tired to look it up but Hasselbeck had a career year (29 TD passes?), Alexander had 1500 & 15, D-Jax was awesome.

Another year due to QB injuries.... I was starting Pittsburgh's Tommy Maddox... plus Bettis or Zeroue, Ward, and Burress.... It was up and down, I was a middle-of-the road team.

It's feast or famine but I've been in situations like that before. Years ago I used the entire Seattle offense it seemed-- Hasselbeck, Alexander, Darrell Jackson, and even occasionally Bobby Engram as flex. They were all going off pretty good. Too tired to look it up but Hasselbeck had a career year (29 TD passes?), Alexander had 1500 & 15, D-Jax was awesome.

Another year due to QB injuries.... I was starting Pittsburgh's Tommy Maddox... plus Bettis or Zeroue, Ward, and Burress.... It was up and down, I was a middle-of-the road team.

That was in Seattle's haydays. I'd have no compunction starting Manning, Addai, Clark and Wayne either. Philly doesn't come close to being the offense of those teams. Detroit's D is improved. Jackson and Celek laid eggs in week one.

It's one thing to load up on a team with a great offense, it's another to do it with a team like Philly. Detroit, unlike GB can game plan for Vick. I would not be happy in the OP's spot.