[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick ---> McCoy

Phantom Knight

Thanks for the info/effort. What I was looking for was targets from Vick.

I just went thru the play-by-play at NFL.com. Here is what I saw - looking at only the 2nd half which is what I consider more indicative of Vick as starter versus Vick as special package qb.

Targets from Vick:

• J Avant 7
  • D Jackson 7
  • J Maclin 4
  • B Celek 3
  • E Buckley 1
  • L McCoy 3

Runs:

• M Vick 7
  • L McCoy 5
  • M Bell 1

Sacks:

• Vick 3

My sense of what I saw in the play by play:

• Avant seemed to be targeted in bunches - especially at the very begining. My gut reaction to this is that Avant is his safety net. When he first came out, Avant was his hot read.
  • As Vick settled down and got comfortable he started to spread the ball around. At that point, Jackson rose in prominence.
  • Of Celeks 3 looks, 2 came on back to back plays. So for most of the half he was invisible.
  • Vick "ran" more than McCoy did (7 to 5). But he was pressured pretty good if I am remembering correctly and was sacked 3 times.

As to my originial question, McCoy got 5 carries and 3 targets in a half with Vick as qb. That projects to 16 touches/targets for a game. This was in "come from behind mode" and I will leave it to others more versed than I as to how to interpret that. Honestly, I don't like the small number of targets/touches - especially knowing that he is supposedly a pass catching rb and it was catchup time. Despite that, I will probably trot McCoy out this week against Detroit.