[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Davone Bess

MrTed46

I noticed that Jumbotron is high on D Bess. He stated that Bess is a starter every week in a PPR league and I see he is available in almost every league I am in. Obviously, Marhsall in the #1 but isn't Hartline the #2? Since they are a run first team, aren't there better options than Bess in most leagues? What does everyone else think?

I love Bess as a football player, but not as a FF player. He will be too inconsistent week to week to have any faith in him. Now if the Dolphins wouldn't have traded for Marshall that would be a different story all together.

Bingo. Unless Miami starts slinging it a lot more AND unless Henne develops a ton more, there's not enough room in the offense for two FF WR.

I'm going to agree with Jumbotron and go against the grain on this one. I like Bess alot in a PPR league, here's why...with WR's, # of receptions is a deceiving stat, you also have to take into acount the # of times a WR is targeted. Bess was targeted 7 times in that ugly game last week. That puts him in the company of Donald Driver, Steve Breaston, Marques Colston for targets. Last season, he was 21st in the league in targets among WRs, ahead of guys like VJax and Colston.

Obviously his targets will be less this year with Brandon Marshall on the team, but I would at least consider him for your bench or for a flex play based on matchups if you need a boost.

I included Bess on my Players To Target draft article. I still think what I thought then. He is a solid PPR WR4 guy, Maybe WR3 in a pinch. A guy you like to have around to plug in for a bye week. Not a guy that will carry your team, but will hold a spot when you need him to.

Every week starter? More like a borderline plug-in guy only, unless you're in a really big league and/or are in pathetic shape WR wise. He might become a sort of "Welker lite," but I wouldn't count on it. He'll get some catches here and there, but won't score much at all.

Every week starter? More like a borderline plug-in guy only, unless you're in a really big league and/or are in pathetic shape WR wise. He might become a sort of "Welker lite," but I wouldn't count on it. He'll get some catches here and there, but won't score much at all.

No, he won't score much. But in PPR leagues where you start 10 players, you could do worse. I say he is consistent, will get you 10-12 points a week, and a good guy to have on your roster. You can't have ALL studs. Well, most of the time anyway...

No, he won't score much. But in PPR leagues where you start 10 players, you could do worse. I say he is consistent, will get you 10-12 points a week, and a good guy to have on your roster. You can't have ALL studs. Well, most of the time anyway...

I question if he will even consistently get you ~10-12 pts, but who knows. Again situations vary (league sizee etc) too.

I question if he will even consistently get you ~10-12 pts, but who knows. Again situations vary (league sizee etc) too.

I sure as hell wish I had started him instead of Dwayne Bowe last week. :wacko: