[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's up with JStew?

countryroads

not to be a dink....but it doesnt look like you drafted well at rb....as capt stanky mentioned...you drafted a 2 who is the 2 on his own team....and with grant done you are in trouble......id consider moving one of your big name receivers for a rb if i were you....maybe even package one of them with stewart for a rb......caddy might be a serviceable 2 for you....

then again dwill could go down at any time...and stewart is a stud....

id probably wait it out a week or two....hopefully you have a win or two under your belt by then

This is my first year in a keeper league and Stewart is the only rb i inherited. I took Grant with my first pick as he was the best available because everybody else was kept. I came into a bad situation rb wise and it has only gotten worse.

ahhh...i see....

well if its a keeper...then you probably want to hang on to j stew...ride it out...since dwill is a FA at the end of the year....i think both backs have had some good days against the bucs....so he should be a decent play this week

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

All depends on what's out there for trade and whether you feel you can compete this year if you move (what I assume is) a solid keeper RB for a RB or 2 that is less attractive as a keeper. Are there any potential trading partners who could dig a keeper for "1-year player(s)" swap? I certainly wouldn't be comfortable with my chances if I had to rely on JStew as my RB1 . . . I'd be trying to make a move.

If JStew is the 21st ranked RB right now, than that means that he's a starting RB in a 12 man league that starts 2 or more RBs. It's a little early to throw him under the bus. I would still draft him over a handful of RBs that are considered decent starts.

Edited by MikesVikes

JS had a good year last year because DA was hurt ... I think CAR has made it pretty clear that when healthy DA is the main back. Having said that if CAR is having great success pounding the ball in a particular week and have a nice lead then I would expect JS to get a higher work load. To expect otherwise is dangerous - he will be one of those players that scores 2 points one week and 30 the next, good luck trying to time your starts.

Stewart has great keeper value. Fox is gone at the end of the year, and there's a fair possibility DWill signs somewhere else, too. I'm not saying to pack the year in, but with Grant out . . . I wouldn't mortgage your future given your position this year is already shaky.

Stewart will get his carries. DWill has a tendency to break himself, which leaves you with a monster even this year. Clausen's going to need the running game to take some pressure off, so I think there will be carries for both cats to help you subsist.

It is easy to say "be patient" but when your rb1 is Caddy it's easier to be worried! I do believe Fox and Williams will be gone so he will be an easy top ten back next year. I guess I will have to bite the bullet this year but it would be nice to see him get at least ten carries a game to justify putting him in my lineup.

If you're worried about JStew due to a weak week 1 performance then don't be. Deangelo put up what, 6 fantasy points and Jstew put up like 1? Neither back was all that amazing and that was because the Panthers were down so early in the game that their only option was to rely on the pass attack in hopes of a comeback. I still see Jstew posting solid RB2 numbers for the season.