[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commish rejecting all trades

WorstCoachingEver

Yeah, Vetoing trades is BS unless there is collusion. I would be out of that league next year if is it not corrected. Same with other teams voting on the trades and vetoing them. Other teams in your division or whatever have a vested interested in making sure you don't become a better team if they think the trade is stronger for one side.

I hope your commish gets this thread sent to his inbox..............for the record, the commish has no right to veto any trades, he's not there a trade evaluator as we all have our own opinions of players, if two owners who paid there own damn money to join a league wants to make a trade, they have the right. Tell God to step off his horse and get with the program.

The only reason to veto any trade is if a team is dumping players intentionally or if there is some probable reason 2 owners are colluding in an attempt to stack a team.

Get out of the league next season and start your own with some sensible reason.

In a "big money" league I play in, we nominated a 5 person trade approval panel to approve all trades. There's obvious flaws I know in this system, like approviing a trade that will make a team in my division better. It all boils down to knowing the people in your league. Our panel consists of 5 guys that have been playing together in different leagues for years and understand how gray trades can get. It has to be absolutely obvious like Jacob Hester getting traded for Chris Johnson. It wasn't my idea. I was always a fan of implementing within a trade offer a short description from each team involved on how the trade improves their respective teams.

you can't just allow people to do whatever they want because they "paid there money". You can't have somene trade two top 10 players and a top 25 player for a top 50 and a top 100 player, becuase they just happen to like the top 50 player. It's not even remotely fair to the rest of the league. These trades certainly don't seam veto worthy.

you can't just allow people to do whatever they want because they "paid there money". You can't have somene trade two top 10 players and a top 25 player for a top 50 and a top 100 player, becuase they just happen to like the top 50 player. It's not even remotely fair to the rest of the league. These trades certainly don't seam veto worthy.

Why?

Somebody in your league knows how well every player will perform this year? Past performance is not necessarily and indicator of future performance? The ranks you are so highly touting are based on somebody's projected stats for the year. Rankings vary from site to site and person to person. So what makes YOUR opinion/ranking better than the owners that want to trade their players?

In addition your weekly fantasy football score typically involves the sum of EIGHT or more players .. that means sometimes you improve the OVERALL scoring of your team with a "lopsided trade". For instance if I have Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo but can only start 1 QB every week then I am leaving tons of points on the bench. Now lets presume that my running backs are Ryan Grant, Cedric Benson, Thomas Jones and Kevin Smith and must start 2 RBs. I might be very willing to trade one of my QBs for a RB like Felix Jones or Marion Barber because I think I am upgrading my RB position. Who are you to tell me I can't trade a top 5 QB for a RB that may finish in the 15-20 range of RBs?

Dude you totally missed my point, something like you are talking is fine. Hell i just traded Palmer and Colston for Romo because the guy has Brees.

Anything remotely reasonable is fine, but you can't tell me if some stupid kid wanted to trade Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, and Tony Romo for Ronnie Brown and Davone Bess because "I like the Dolphins" and "im not making the playoffs anyway" that you would find that acceptable. THAT is CHEATING. It cheats everyone else in the league out of a legit shot at winning. Whether they know each other or not, that is CHEATING!!!

Dude you totally missed my point, something like you are talking is fine. Hell i just traded Palmer and Colston for Romo because the guy has Brees.

Anything remotely reasonable is fine, but you can't tell me if some stupid kid wanted to trade Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, and Tony Romo for Ronnie Brown and Davone Bess because "I like the Dolphins" and "im not making the playoffs anyway" that you would find that acceptable. THAT is CHEATING. It cheats everyone else in the league out of a legit shot at winning. Whether they know each other or not, that is CHEATING!!!

better question--why are you in the league with someone who has that attitude?

why not change your rules so that someone eliminated from the playoffs may not trade?

why not change your rules and move your trading deadline way up?