[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did the Advice Forum die?

ABearWithFurniture

I was thinking the same thing. A lot of nastiness, sarcasm and general apathy.

Agreed. I think members who are not in the "IN" crowd are not really going to give advice for fear they will be either ignored or blasted. You can really feel the cliques around here. I'm not in the "IN" crowd, but I understand that those that have been here forever get tired. Tired of the same old questions and all that. There is no other answer than to answer the questions the best you can and move on. No need to berate or tease those who are either new or not as adept as you at this Game. It is a game, right? Let's enjoy it. Otherwise just get rid of the advice section all together and call it a day. All that said I come here every day and see what's being discussed. Thank You for that. In all sincerity.

To be honest, I think the ridiculous amount of questions has everything to do with it. There's all sorts of places to get information for FF, including lots of it here. But some people simply can not make their own decisions despite the information overload. There's literally 3 full pages of questions over there in the past 24 hrs vs just over 1 page of front page material during that same time.

I've gone in there a few times, and I just get swamped. I don't mind helping out at times, but it quite frankly is just out of hand. I sincerely hope I didn't offend anyone, but that's where I am with it.

Edited by Bronco Billy

To be honest, I think the ridiculous amount of questions has everything to do with it. There's all sorts of places to get information for FF, including lots of it here. But some people simply can not make their own decisions despite the information overload. There's literally 3 full pages of questions over there in the past 24 hrs vs just over 1 page of front page material during that same time.

I've gone in there a few times, and I just get swamped. I don't mind helping out at times, but it quite frankly is just out of hand. I sincerely hope I didn't offend anyone, but that's where I am with it.

This is spot on. Then again, I do also agree with those who mentioned that this place is clicky and therefore, many watch what they say because they don't want to deal with the BS afterward and after all, this is the Huddle and there's plenty of BS at times. What they have to realize is who gives a sh!te! Just say what you feel and move on. If others don't like it and want to bash it, let them do as they please and let it roll off ur back unless it's in a respectful manner and there can be a good lively conversation about it.

This is spot on. Then again, I do also agree with those who mentioned that this place is clicky and therefore, many watch what they say because they don't want to deal with the BS afterward and after all, this is the Huddle and there's plenty of BS at times. What they have to realize is who gives a sh!te! Just say what you feel and move on. If others don't like it and want to bash it, let them do as they please and let it roll off ur back unless it's in a respectful manner and there can be a good lively conversation about it.

I understand this. I really do. It's just that I came here with the intention of being a part of this community. Instead I find that I feel that will never happen unless I build a time machine go back in time and find myself posting as member # 0005. I understand this is the nature of forums and all that but I have to admit it surprised me a bit. Not sure why....

I understand this. I really do. It's just that I came here with the intention of being a part of this community. Instead I find that I feel that will never happen unless I build a time machine go back in time and find myself posting as member # 0005. I understand this is the nature of forums and all that but I have to admit it surprised me a bit. Not sure why....

The irony for me here, is that you sound like Irish from a few years ago.

To be honest, I think the ridiculous amount of questions has everything to do with it. There's all sorts of places to get information for FF, including lots of it here. But some people simply can not make their own decisions despite the information overload.

This is it in a nutshell for me

I've been a member for a long time..Acually left one t\ear but came back and I agree with the cliques...You post a responseand you get blasted from the IN crowd and then Mods who are in the IN crowd all take the same side and join in on berating posters...I got suspended from the forum for a week or two for BS and I told them the way they were policing people and ganging up that it would die off...I love The Huddle but could do without the IN crowd..

I caught some crap the other day for having a usernumber in the 5,000's. I've been here since 2003! And I've been playing fantasy football since 1993 when it was all done by phone and from the fine print in the newspaper. Bothered me a bit, for sure.