[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did the Advice Forum die?

ABearWithFurniture

I caught some crap the other day for having a usernumber in the 5,000's. I've been here since 2003! And I've been playing fantasy football since 1993 when it was all done by phone and from the fine print in the newspaper. Bothered me a bit, for sure.

Newb! :wacko:

I understand this. I really do. It's just that I came here with the intention of being a part of this community. Instead I find that I feel that will never happen unless I build a time machine go back in time and find myself posting as member # 0005. I understand this is the nature of forums and all that but I have to admit it surprised me a bit. Not sure why....

Hell, even irish fits in. If he can, anyone can.

The beauty of this forum is that there is much more of a lockerroom atmosphere. It's really enjoyable to be at home in an environment that isn't sterile when we're talking about football.

You just need a thick skin. Take a shot, it's okay. Just keep Terrell Davis off the docket for discussion.

Hell, even irish Bronco Billy fits in. If he can, anyone can.

The beauty of this forum is that there is much more of a lockerroom atmosphere. It's really enjoyable to be at home in an environment that isn't sterile when we're talking about football.

You just need a thick skin. Take a shot, it's okay. Just keep Terrell Davis off the docket for discussion.

Fixed! :wacko:

I've gone in there a few times, and I just get swamped. I don't mind helping out at times, but it quite frankly is just out of hand. I sincerely hope I didn't offend anyone, but that's where I am with it.

No worries...most of us stopped listening to 'your advice' many, many years ago... :wacko:

Okay, but then there's this. In another thread no less. Not the one where this is being discussed....

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=330910

You can see why some may feel this way. It's okay. I know it is what it is. It's cool. Thanks to those who replied with some aplomb.

Okay, but then there's this. In another thread no less. Not the one where this is being discussed....

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=330910

You can see why some may feel this way. It's okay. I know it is what it is. It's cool. Thanks to those who replied with some aplomb.

I agree with Slayer. I don't want to read WDIS questions in the comments section anymore than I want to read about the sale at realtool.com on the comments section at cleveland.com...

I used to spend lots of time over there hand holding ... but I wasn't shy about letting somebody know they asked a stupid question (rate my team, rate my trade, etc). In typical thin-skin fashion those that I called out would whine and cry to the admins who would eventually ask me to rein it in. Just not worth the time and effort to filter through all the garbage in that forum.

I used to spend lots of time over there hand holding ... but I wasn't shy about letting somebody know they asked a stupid question (rate my team, rate my trade, etc). In typical thin-skin fashion those that I called out would whine and cry to the admins who would eventually ask me to rein it in. Just not worth the time and effort to filter through all the garbage in that forum.

You still give me a tingle in my leg. Does that count?

The irony for me here, is that you sound like Irish from a few years ago.

I was thinking the same thing.

Exactly! Which is why I'm telling him to just let it go. He'll be much better off.

Hell, even irish fits in. If he can, anyone can.

No I don't, I just won't go away. :wacko: I have the thickest skin of anybody here. Hell, I'm putting in a new name request- Thick Skin.

Edited by irish

I thought it should still be Plagerizer.

Yeah, that could work too and it does have a much better ring to it. I was going to suggest it as my new name but didn't want to do so until someone else did. Thanks.

I agree with Slayer. I don't want to read WDIS questions in the comments section anymore than I want to read about the sale at realtool.com on the comments section at cleveland.com...

That's not what I was commenting on...It's the posts that follow the first.

Mostly just too busy to spend much time in there. I enjoy getting a 2nd opinion now and again, and helping others think through their decisions.

Main thing is to just stay away if you can't/don't care to give advice. The nastiness/rudeness/impatience etc. baffles me. Guess its just how people get their jollies with the anonymity of the web.

Treat people here like you would in person. And if you can't treat people you don't know with a modicum of respect, do us all a favor and stay at home and kick your dog.