[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Hillis > Jerome Harrison.

dsagen

Who will have the most production in 2010?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most production in 2010? Hillis or Harrison?

• Peyton Hillis
    • Jerome Harrison
    • James Davis

All the mock drafts had Jerome Harrison taken as a RB2 or RB3 ranked around 30 for RBs. I'm here to tell you Peyton Hillis will put up better numbers in the long hall, and especially in December, when FF Champions are made.

Jerome Harrison has been with the Browns for 5 years. In 2008 he averaged 7.2 yards per carry, and all of Cleveland was calling for Romeo Crennel to start Harrison over Jamal Lewis. Jamal was losing his wheels yet Romeo stuck with him and it proved to be costly.

In 2009, Harrison was given the keys to the Browns backfield and had a great end to his season.... on paper. He racked up enormous stats, yet was given the rock an average of 35 times a game. If you take away his lone 71 yard carry, he was at 4.6 yards per carry. And the teams he faced.......... Kansas City, Oakland, and Jacksonville. Not really known for their run stopping eh?

Now Jerome came into this season with Peyton Hillis right behind him. Pushing him and prodding him, and I think it is finally breaking Harison. Mangini gave Hillis the nod to start in week one. He was trusting Hillis with his run game and Hillis responded with a drive to pound the ball down the middle. Yes, he did fumble twice, but Hillis was given the ball 81 times in the past 2 years, and never put the ball on the ground. Heck, in 4 years at Arkansas, he NEVER fumbled the ball.

Mangini never liked Harrison because of his bad practice habits, and he loves Hillis' work ethic.

I think the writing is on the wall, and Harrison will be lucky to see the end zone this year. Especially when the white stuff starts flying in Cleveland.

The Browns aren't exactly in the position to play it safe. They are going to take some risks and try to let their players with upside break-out. Harrison has that kind of potential, Hillis does not. Holmgren doesn't particularly like small backs, but he doesn't have a choice here. As bad as the Browns are, you play the guy that has the bigger upside. That is not Hillis. Harrison will get the chance to show whether or not he can be the back of the future.

Harrison is the hit the hole and get free back for the browns. If he gets loose he'll run til he hits the end zone.

Hills on the other hand is that I'm going to run u over back. He will run through people rather than around them...

Right now the backfield in cleveland is a shared one like so many other teams. There isn't a true #1 back that will get most of the touches and that hurts both of their fantesy value

Well, it's showing that the Browns front office hasn't been please with starting Harrison, Hillis has put the ball on the ground twice. He only lost one but I can't see them sticking with a fumbler. Harrison had some issues during preseason but I didn't see any residual effect in Week 1. I don't see Hillis outproducing Harrison this season. I like Hillis, and I like him sharing time with Harrison, I don't like him as a feature back. I actually think if James Davis was given a chance, he could be the future and not Hardesty.