[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Percy Harvin to play all over.

RussMan

Vikes back at home. See if Favre and company can shake off the rust. Harvin was on the injury report this week but the latest says he will play a big role.

According to Steve Wyche of NFL Network's Total Access, "all indications" are that Percy Harvin (hip) will not only play but start "as a big boost" to the Vikings offense.

Wyche expects Harvin to be "fully equated" into this week's game after being "taken out of the equation" last week. Wyche further explained that Harvin will be used "out wide, in the slot, and as a running back" behind Adrian Peterson in this week's matchup against the Dolphins. The Vikings apparently realize that they have to get the ball in Harvin's hands to be successful on offense.

Vikes back at home. See if Favre and company can shake off the rust. Harvin was on the injury report this week but the latest says he will play a big role.

According to Steve Wyche of NFL Network's Total Access, "all indications" are that Percy Harvin (hip) will not only play but start "as a big boost" to the Vikings offense.

Wyche expects Harvin to be "fully equated" into this week's game after being "taken out of the equation" last week. Wyche further explained that Harvin will be used "out wide, in the slot, and as a running back" behind Adrian Peterson in this week's matchup against the Dolphins. The Vikings apparently realize that they have to get the ball in Harvin's hands to be successful on offense.

Man I can hear Wyche's voice as I read that, he's so dramatic..

Aside from the Camirillo revenge factor I don't see another relevant WR this week other than Mr. Harvin.

Just between (all of) you and me, Harvin scares me. The vomiting and migraines, sleep apnea, ambulance,,,

And this hip? Maybe it's because he isn't in game-shape -- because he missed 13 days of camp mourning his grandmother. I don't want to sound callous but 13 days? As much as we bag on Favre, c'mon, he played in a Monday Night game the day after his Dad died. Because he's a pro.

It just seems to me that maybe Percy isn't cut out for this profession.

I'm pulling for him... but I gotta be honest, the second I heard about the ambulance I took a pen and crossed out his name on my draft board.

JUM

It just seems to me that maybe Percy the entire Minnesota Vikings team isn't cut out for this profession.

JUM

Fixed (for accuracy).

Everybody knows the Vikings are a bunch of p*ssies. They didn't earn the nickname "The ViQueens" because they're tough.

:wacko:

Edited by tosberg34

Fixed (for accuracy).

Everybody knows the Vikings are a bunch of p*ssies. They didn't earn the nickname "The VikQueens" because they're tough.

Lol everyone but Winfield, my friend. Everyone but Winfield. If they had just 6 players with his heart they'd be 14-2 every year.

Edited by JUMbotron

Percy Harvin put up big numbers for me last year. I think he will get back into the swing of things. The problem is the man between the center and Harvin.

I like the idea of Harvin playing some running back, but I also have AD so i'm between a rock and a Favre place.

Edited by dsagen

Is he viable in fantasy moving forward?.. i know he's an amazing athlete and makes great plays.. but last season totals were 60 rec/ 800 yds 6 TDS. (Not fantasy viable) ..

Is the argument that he was a rookie last year and will be better? Or that Sidney Rice is out and Harvin will get more looks?

he was just dropped in the waiver madness and Im thinking about dropping.. jacoby jones for him

Minny's another team I pretty much stayed away from. Since I never had a shot at Peterson...the defense alwasy went in rounds higher than I'm taking one. Shiancoe is interesting but I pretty much went TE early and ended up with Finley or Gates (in leagues where TE's required)

Is he viable in fantasy moving forward?.. i know he's an amazing athlete and makes great plays.. but last season totals were 60 rec/ 800 yds 6 TDS. (Not fantasy viable) ..

If that is not fantasy viable you must play in an 8 10 team league with only 2 WR start

Is the argument that he was a rookie last year and will be better? Or that Sidney Rice is out and Harvin will get more looks?

he was just dropped in the waiver madness and Im thinking about dropping.. jacoby jones for him

Last season in weeks 1-14 he averaged 10 points a game in our performance scoring league which made him the #13 WR. Eighte of those weeks he posted double digits. Dont see how that wasnt "viable".

Year 2 of hearing that about Felix Jones. Easy to say.

It just seems to me that maybe Percy isn't cut out for this profession.

I'm pulling for him... but I gotta be honest, the second I heard about the ambulance I took a pen and crossed out his name on my draft board.

JUM

We'll see how that theory looks after the end of the season.

Harvin did play last year. He has a rookie of the year award so he must not have missed out on too many games. Are the migraines a new issue for him this season? I don't think so.

Looking at the stats of the league that I had Percy in last year, he averaged 10.943 pts per start. Greg Jennings in comparison averaged 7.37 points per start. Percy was the most productive receiver on the roster. Jennings wouldn've been the lowest had I not started Lance Moore once in that league when he only had 1.8 points. Harvin was the 4th most valuable player on my roster behind Rivers, Adrian, and the Saints Defense on a championship team. This isn't even a PPR league.

Edited by MikesVikes

You never disappoint us with your wisdom.

Thank-you. Listen, if you ever need any other advice and/or insight into the Viking organization just PM me or post something on the board. I'm here for you guys if you need me. I know how hard it must be to be a Vikings fan. :wacko:

Thank-you. Listen, if you ever need any other advice and/or insight into the Viking organization just PM me or post something on the board. I'm here for you guys if you need me. I know how hard it must be to be a Vikings fan. :tup:

If I ever need to know what a good pair of overalls is, I'll give you a shout.

If I ever need to know what a good pair of overalls is, I'll give you a shout.

If you would have read my post you would have seen that I said I would give you insight into the Vikings organization, not what you should wear for the day. If you want to know that then why don't you just ask your mom instead? For god sakes, all you have to do is walk upstairs from the basement and ask her.