[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it possible for a player to play 17 regular season games?

rai

I just got to thinking with the bye-week as well as early (Thursday games) in theory it would be possible for a player to play more than 16 regular season games.

I don't think this has ever happened that I recall.

Edited by rai

no it isn't...improbable maybe but not impossible

i was hoping that was understood, but yes very possible highly unusual....who wants to satisfy this huddlers curiosity and research if it has happened in the the nfl? im guessing they are interested in seeing if a player has been "legally" active for 17 games... or is the fact of it possible satisfying enough?

i have already wasted enough time on this thread...ill leave the research for the really smart guys.

• 3 weeks later...

I think rai might have been confused about his own question. Obviously, the 17 games thing is possible, has happened before, and, barring injury, will happen again this season. By mentioning Thursday games, though, it seems like what he's really asking is could a player play in two games the SAME WEEK? A scenario like playing in the season-opening Thursday night game, then being traded Friday and suiting up for that new team Sunday. This, of course, is prohibited by the NFL. The window "closes" on certain roster moves as soon as the week's games start and doesn't "open" again until all the games are over.

I think rai might have been confused about his own question. Obviously, the 17 games thing is possible, has happened before, and, barring injury, will happen again this season. By mentioning Thursday games, though, it seems like what he's really asking is could a player play in two games the SAME WEEK? A scenario like playing in the season-opening Thursday night game, then being traded Friday and suiting up for that new team Sunday. This, of course, is prohibited by the NFL. The window "closes" on certain roster moves as soon as the week's games start and doesn't "open" again until all the games are over.

Yeah could u imagin the fantasy points of someone playing 2 games in the same week???

thanks, I was asking two questions.

RandyMoss was out there last week? Couldn't see him on the stat line :wacko: j/k

thanks, I was asking two questions.

RandyMoss was out there last week? Couldn't see him on the stat line :tup: j/k

if you look at it the right way...last week was his BYE...

last week I had Austin and Moss on a BYE.....now they are both back :wacko: